|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Chapter 13, and Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as "a back-biting enemy of John Barton's"?
(a) Henry Carson.
(b) Ben Davenport.
(c) Tom Darbyshire.
(d) George Wilson.
2. In Chapter 8, who is the message from that Sally delivers to Mary?
(a) John Barton.
(b) Jem Wilson.
(c) Harry Carson.
(d) Henry Carson.
3. What happens to Mrs. Barton in the time it takes her husband to return from fetching the doctor?
(a) Mrs. Barton dies.
(b) Mrs. Barton loses consciousness.
(c) Mrs. Barton recovers.
(d) Mrs. Barton gives birth.
4. What does Mary get at her job in addition to her wages?
5. Why is John Barton upset when he returns home in Chapter 9?
(a) The government officials laughed at him.
(b) The government officials wouldn't hear him out.
(c) John was too sick to plead his case in London.
(d) John has been fired from his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Job read to John Barton?
2. Who continually accosts Mary on her way to work in Chapter 11?
3. What has Margaret found a job doing at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What ails John Barton in Chapter 12?
5. What is the message of Job's reading to John?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)