|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Chapter 31, and Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Margaret found a job doing at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What does Esther work as to make money?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A weaver.
3. Who informs the Carson sisters of their brother's murder?
(a) Their nurse.
(b) Their tutor.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their uncle.
4. What is Esther released from in Chapter 14?
(a) The workhouse.
(b) A contract.
(d) The hospital.
5. What is Margaret able to give Mary because of her singing success?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) Tickets to a show.
(d) Medicine for her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does the old boatman's wife like to use?
2. Why does Mary Barton's daughter slap Jem Wilson?
3. Whose handwriting does Esther recognize on the piece of paper?
4. Which of her relatives does Alice take into her home?
5. What word does Mary want to ask Job the meaning of?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)