|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Chapter 31, and Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the message of Job's reading to John?
(a) That life isn't fair.
(b) That it is up to the poor to find their way through.
(c) That God will help the poor at the end of their days.
(d) That no one should be trusted.
2. In Chapter 10, who runs into Mrs. Barton's sister Esther in the street?
(a) John Barton.
(b) Mary Barton.
(c) Margaret Jennings.
(d) Jeb Wilson.
3. Where does Charley tell Job the boat Mary rode has gone?
(a) To London.
(b) To Cheshire.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To Edinburgh.
4. What obstacle must Will's ship overcome before sailing out to sea?
(a) A storm.
(b) A shortage of crew.
(c) The tide.
(d) A sandbar.
5. Where does Mrs. Jones say Will has gone?
(a) Will has left for London.
(b) Will has sailed out.
(c) Will has returned to Manchester.
(d) Will has run off without informing anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary lose from her pocket upon returning to the shore in Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 31, rather than sleep at night, what does Mary do?
3. Where does Mary wait at the courthouse?
4. Who informs the Carson sisters of their brother's murder?
5. What is Mary reading when Jem Wilson visits her home in Chapter 8?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)