|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Chapter 10, and Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry Carson offer to do for Mary if it will make her happy?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Giver her father a job.
(c) Buy her nice clothes.
(d) Marry her.
2. What does John Barton buy with the money he pawned his belongings for?
(b) A jacket.
(c) Food and fuel.
3. When does "Mary Barton" take place?
(a) Around the 1930s to1940s.
(b) Around the 1870s to1880s.
(c) Around the 1830s to1840s.
(d) Around the 1900s to 1910s.
4. What does John Barton pawn for money in Chapter 6?
(b) Picture frames.
5. In the beginning of the book, what does Mrs. Barton send her daughter to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What building catches fire in Chapter 5?
2. Jane chastises Mary for not visiting her sooner after which event?
3. Which of her relatives does Alice take into her home?
4. In what activities is John Barton involved in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Alice never see again after moving to Manchester?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)