|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were these terms located?
(a) In his stories.
(b) In his plays.
(c) In his writings.
(d) In his text books.
2. In Paris, Marx met the German, _____________, who has a significant impact on Marx.
(a) Frederick Engels.
(b) Marcus Engels.
(c) Gregory Engels.
(d) George Engels.
3. What does Rius hope the reader will eventually do?
(a) Become a Marxist.
(b) Fight capitalism.
(c) Try to tackle Marx's actual works.
(d) Encourage communism.
4. Rius believes the answer to number 6 is worth trying even when?
(a) If Rius fails.
(b) If Rius succeeds.
(c) If Rius makes a fool of himself.
(d) If Rius gives incorrect information.
5. While working at this company, what did Engels see?
(a) The well-oiled capitalist machine.
(b) The wretched life of the poor working class.
(c) The beautiful work of the artisans.
(d) The difficulties of the wealthy.
6. What does Rius hope this does for the reader?
(a) Inspire him or her.
(b) Educate him or her.
(c) Worry him or her.
(d) Scare him or her.
7. Does Rius pretend to be the ultimate Marx scholar?
8. He is widely regarded as the founder of what?
9. Others would say that Marxist thought is what?
10. Hegel's predecessor wanted to separate science from religion. What did Hegel want to do?
(a) Make science into religion.
(b) Make religion into a science.
(c) Make religion very different from science.
(d) Make science separate from religion.
11. From Bonn University, Marx moved where to finish his studies?
12. Was Rius satisfied with what he learned about Marx?
13. Some of the things indirectly owed to Marx include what?
(a) Social Security, scholarships, pensions, and unions.
(b) The Republican Party, Social Security, pensions, and big business.
(c) Unions, scholarships, salaries, and political parties.
(d) Social Security, pensions, unions, and conservatives.
14. Where was Marx born?
(a) Munich, Germany.
(b) Geneva, Switzerland.
(c) Frankfort, Germany.
(d) Trevirorum, Germany.
15. What had Marx become now that Germany had expelled him?
(a) A stateless man.
(b) A poor man.
(c) A worried man.
(d) A hated man.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is important to also look at Hegel's predecessors such as whom?
2. Marx courted Jenny Von Westphalen who came from what type of family?
3. What happened when Marx became unpopular with European governments?
4. How did Rius learn about Marx?
5. How did Marx change while in Paris?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)