|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pg. 95-123).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marx concerned himself less with making a living than doing what?
(a) Asking the meaning of life.
(c) Making art.
(d) Spending time in nature.
2. Greece produced three of the most well-known and important philosophers. Who were these philosophers?
(a) Democritus, Vassallo, and Jesús Mosterín.
(b) Plato, Democritus, and Aristotle.
(c) Aristotle,Parfit, and Plato.
(d) Plato, Bouwsma, and Zenon Pylyshyn.
3. Who were the individuals who tried to find logical explanations for natural events?
(a) The conservatives.
(b) The intelligent.
(c) The non-believers.
(d) The thinkers.
4. How did Marx change while in Paris?
(a) He became less radical.
(b) He became more interested in governmental affairs.
(c) He became less concerned about social issues.
(d) He became more radical.
5. Karl Marx, or Charles Marx, was a Jewish German who lived when?
(a) From 1838 to 1903.
(b) From 1828 to 1893.
(c) From 1808 to 1873.
(d) From 1818 to 1883.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did this group of people at this point in human history begin the creation of social classes?
2. Marx was most attracted to which of Hegel's philosophies?
3. One of the aspects of most religions was a faith in some sort of afterlife. How did the Egyptians believe they had the hope of a better afterlife?
4. Giambattista Vico produced some _____________________ during this time, although he is not as well-known.
5. Capitalism will need to be replaced by what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)