|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pg. 95-123).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hegel's predecessor wanted to separate science from religion. What did Hegel want to do?
(a) Make religion very different from science.
(b) Make science into religion.
(c) Make religion into a science.
(d) Make science separate from religion.
2. What is this philosophy of Hegel's that interested Marx?
(a) It argued that humanity created political organizations.
(b) It argued that humanity created its own life.
(c) It argued that humanity advanced because of conflict between oppressed and oppressor.
(d) It argued that God encouraged democratic values.
3. Marx was Jewish. Did he consider himself Jewish?
4. A group of the intellectuals thought the means of production needed to be destroyed and that individuals should do what?
(a) Go back to being slaves.
(b) Go back to being in small family groups.
(c) Go back to being hunters and gatherers.
(d) Go back to being artisans and farmers.
5. Marx concerned himself less with making a living than doing what?
(a) Spending time in nature.
(b) Asking the meaning of life.
(c) Making art.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the worker is not paid enough to meet his basic needs, he is forced to do what?
2. What did Pythagoras argue?
3. The law of supply and demand often determines what?
4. How did this group of people at this point in human history begin the creation of social classes?
5. How did Marx change while in Paris?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)