|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his "Autobiography of Religious Development" sermon?
2. By what title did King's admirers frequently refer to him?
(a) The dreamer.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The Man.
(d) The prophet.
3. According to Cone, who was the only person to point out the "past and current injustices of American society in relation to its inhabitants of African descent"?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
4. What church was King's father a minister of?
(a) Montgomery First Baptist Church.
(b) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) South Central Baptist Church.
5. On what date did Malcolm X give the speech that began, "No, I'm not an American"?
(a) April 3, 1964.
(b) December 24, 1972.
(c) May 27, 1953.
(d) June 4, 1993.
6. What was King's favorite image used to show the importance of being the best in your profession?
(a) Chimney sweep.
(c) Bus driver.
7. Who did Malcolm X claim the "real criminal" was in his address in Harlem on August 10, 1963?
(a) The "white race".
(b) The "Government of the US in whole".
(c) The men who "chained the slaves in Africa".
(d) The "white man who poses as a liberal".
8. In what year was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
9. From where did Martin Luther King, Jr. derive the expression the "American Dream"?
(a) The Declaration of Independence and the Bible.
(b) The Constitution and the Koran.
(c) The Bible and Gospel songs.
(d) His teachers at school.
10. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(d) New York City.
11. What did Malcolm copy from to teach himself to read and write?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Shakespeare's plays.
12. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
13. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
(b) The French.
(d) The English.
14. Who gave Malcolm the name "Malcolm X"?
(a) Louis Farrakhan.
(b) Wallace Fard Muhammad.
(c) Warith Deen Muhammad.
(d) Elijah Muhammad.
15. What animal did Malcolm compare blacks to in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Malcolm X?
2. How many children did Malcolm's mother raise on her own after her husband's death?
3. On what date did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his famous "I Have A Dream" speech?
4. Which U.S. President did King claim would not speak in major Southern cities?
5. How tall was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)