|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two "great resistance traditions in African-American history" that the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. provided to the black freedom movement?
(a) Integrationism and nationalism.
(b) Promise and freedom.
(c) Hope and vitality.
(d) The American Dream and The American Nightmare.
2. To which biblical person was Martin Luther King, Jr. compared?
3. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(b) New York City.
4. In Chapter 5, what did Cone state that King was, rather than a "academic theologian"?
(a) "A theologian of God."
(b) "A theorist of possibility."
(c) "A theorist of change."
(d) "A theologian of action."
5. In what year did Malcolm convert to Islam?
6. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
(a) Bruce Klunder.
(b) Charlie Rose.
(c) Robert Zellner.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
7. In what year was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
8. What faith shaped King's idea of God?
(a) The faith of "humanity".
(b) The faith of the "black experience".
(c) The faith of the "black man in America".
(d) The faith of "Christianity".
9. What religious affiliation was Martin Luther King, Jr. aligned with?
(a) Christian Integrationist.
(b) Buddist Imperialist.
(c) Muslim Nationalist.
10. What did Malcolm X claim he was first?
(c) A man.
11. In front of which U.S. President did Martin Luther King, Jr. first speak about the "American Dream"?
12. Who was the author and civil rights activist that spoke of "twoness"?
(a) W.E.B. DuBois.
(b) John O. Killens.
(c) Dorothy Height.
(d) James Meredith.
13. What tradition was Black Christianity associated with?
14. According to Cone, who was the only person to point out the "past and current injustices of American society in relation to its inhabitants of African descent"?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
15. How many days did the Montgomery bus boycott last?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Martin Luther King, Sr. have?
2. How many objectives did King announce for the role of blacks in the movement?
3. By what title did King's admirers frequently refer to him?
4. What did Malcolm copy from to teach himself to read and write?
5. From whose teachings did Martin Luther King, Jr. learn of successful nonviolent actions?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)