|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did King make his first major speech to the nation?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Library of Congress.
(c) The lawn of the White House.
(d) The Washington Monument.
2. In what year was the Dred Scott Decision made?
3. In what year was school segregation declared unconstitutional?
4. What was the name of the 15-year-old high school student arrested for refusing to give up her seat to a white passenger before Rosa Parks did so?
(a) Deborah Miller.
(b) Trunda Blase.
(c) Margie Mathers.
(d) Claudette Colvin.
5. What was King's favorite image used to show the importance of being the best in your profession?
(a) Bus driver.
(d) Chimney sweep.
6. What was the name of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s wife?
7. Whom did the Introduction name as the most persuasive person in pointing out the hypocrisies of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Richard Alen.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
8. Who did Malcolm X claim the "real criminal" was in his address in Harlem on August 10, 1963?
(a) The "white race".
(b) The "white man who poses as a liberal".
(c) The "Government of the US in whole".
(d) The men who "chained the slaves in Africa".
9. What was the name of the English teacher who suggested that Malcolm work in carpentry and not law?
10. On what date did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his famous "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) October 26, 1975.
(b) August 28, 1963.
(c) July 1, 1984.
(d) September 14, 1954.
11. What did Malcolm claim was "seventh heaven" in Chapter 2?
(b) New York City.
12. What tradition did King's faith follow in Christianity?
(a) Midwestern Baptist.
(b) Black Christian.
(c) Southern Baptist.
(d) Black Baptist.
13. What church was King's father a minister of?
(a) South Central Baptist Church.
(b) Ebenezer Baptist Church.
(c) First Baptist Church.
(d) Montgomery First Baptist Church.
14. What was the North described as during the "antebellum" period?
15. How tall was Martin Luther King, Jr.?
(a) Five feet eight inches.
(b) Six feet four inches.
(c) Six feet three inches.
(d) Five feet eleven inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many demands did the black community make of the Montgomery Bus company to stop the boycott?
2. When was the infamous Hayes Compromise made?
3. In what year was the Fugitive Slave Act passed?
4. What was the South described as during the "antebellum" period?
5. What soda company used King's use of dreaming in their advertising?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)