|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Senator was declared as an open racist in Chapter 3?
2. What need did King address in his speech, "Prayer Pilgrimage"?
(a) The need for courage.
(b) The need for equlity.
(c) The need for power.
(d) The need for leadership.
3. According to King, what happened when he watched Malcolm on television? (Chapter 9)
(a) He would turn off the television.
(b) He would get a twinge of hate.
(c) He would fail to see his point.
(d) He would fail to identify with him.
4. Who was the founder of the Nation of Islam?
(a) Wallace D. Ford.
(b) Elijah Ford Little.
(c) Malcolm Little.
(d) Elijah Muhammad.
5. What did Malcolm X claim he was first?
(c) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the following statement found in Chapter 10: "The Negro in this country...has never been able to be a man"?
2. Who was considered the most effective missionary of the Nation of Islam?
3. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. claim to be "first and foremost" in his 1961 "Redbook" interview?
4. In what year did Martin Luther King, Jr. become pastor of Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
5. How tall was Malcolm X?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)