|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his June 1954 address in Harlem, what did Malcolm claim that the "white man" has brainwashed "us black people" to look upon?
(a) "A racist Jesus."
(b) "A blondhaired, blue-eyed Jesus."
(c) "A white Jesus."
(d) "An idol that the black community could not identify with."
2. What three themes shaped King's faith and theology?
(a) Love, balance, and pride.
(b) Justice, fear, and power.
(c) Pride, Chrisitanity, and hope.
(d) Hope, justice, and love.
3. In what year was Malcolm X assassinated?
4. What image did Cone claim created more harm than help in black churches? (Chapter 11)
(a) "A masculine and white ruled theology."
(b) "A white Jesus."
(c) "A white Bible."
(d) "A white history of religion."
5. According to Cone in Chapter 8, what separated King from Malcolm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm call the black leaders that accepted financial support from liberal whites?
2. Who made the following statement found in Chapter 11: "Freedom is not free"?
3. What German term did King use to refer to his belief that "the universe is under the control of a loving purpose, and that in the struggle for righteousness [we have] cosmic companionship"?
4. At what age did Martin Luther King, Jr. attend Morehouse College?
5. Whom did the Introduction claim was the greatest abolitionist since the founding of the republic?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)