|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Nothing but Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the following statement found in Chapter 10: "The Negro in this country...has never been able to be a man"?
(a) Elijah Muhammad.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. In what year was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
3. What Senator was declared as an open racist in Chapter 3?
4. According to Cone in Chapter 8, what separated King from Malcolm?
5. What soda company used King's use of dreaming in their advertising?
(b) Royal Cola.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who influenced Malcolm's receptiveness to socialism?
2. By what title did King's admirers frequently refer to him?
3. Who made the following statement: "Yes, I am personally the victim of deferred dreams, of blasted hopes"?
4. During his June 1954 address in Harlem, what did Malcolm claim that the "white man" has brainwashed "us black people" to look upon?
5. Who made the following statement found in Chapter 10: "You don't have to be a man to fight for freedom. All you have to do is be an intelligent human being"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)