|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Nothing but Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the English teacher who suggested that Malcolm work in carpentry and not law?
2. In what year was the Fugitive Slave Act passed?
3. The Introduction claim that "blacks are Americans," given that they arrived before whom?
(a) The French.
(b) The English.
4. On what date did Martin Luther King, Jr. give his famous "I Have A Dream" speech?
(a) October 26, 1975.
(b) September 14, 1954.
(c) August 28, 1963.
(d) July 1, 1984.
5. In what year was Malcolm X paroled from Charlestown State Prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the following statement: "If King loses, worse leaders are going to take his place"?
2. What did the many who saw Malcolm as an advocate of violence and hate fail to acknowledge?
3. In what year did Malcolm convert to Islam?
4. Whom did the Introduction name as the most persuasive person in pointing out the hypocrisies of the Declaration of Independence?
5. What did Cone say was a "danger that pervades the leadership expectations of the African-American community"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)