|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: Nothing but Men.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident in 1957 brought Malcolm to the attention of the larger black community, especially in Harlem?
(a) The Montgomery Bus Boycott incident.
(b) The Hinton Johnson incident.
(c) The Lyndon Johnson incident.
(d) The Jack Rosdale incident.
2. What was the "secret church of slaves" named?
(a) "The NAACP."
(b) "Invisible instutition."
(c) "The Nation."
(d) "The Sacred."
3. What were the two "great resistance traditions in African-American history" that the meeting between Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, Jr. provided to the black freedom movement?
(a) Hope and vitality.
(b) Integrationism and nationalism.
(c) The American Dream and The American Nightmare.
(d) Promise and freedom.
4. According to Cone, who was the only person to point out the "past and current injustices of American society in relation to its inhabitants of African descent"?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. What influenced Malcolm's "conception of the nightmare"?
(a) The abduction of African slaves.
(b) Slave narratives.
(c) W.E.B. DuBois.
(d) The judgement of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious affiliation was Martin Luther King, Jr. aligned with?
2. What did Henry X, the Black Muslim minister, say that Malcolm had abandoned to become a "political sociologist"?
3. Where did Cone say that the understanding of King's faith and theology began?
4. What was the name of Malcolm X's wife?
5. How many days did the Montgomery bus boycott last?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)