|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Chickens Coming Home to Roost (1964-65).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did John Shabazz compare Malcolm X?
(a) Edward III.
2. What influenced Malcolm's "conception of the nightmare"?
(a) W.E.B. DuBois.
(b) Slave narratives.
(c) The judgement of God.
(d) The abduction of African slaves.
3. At what age did King join the Ebenezer Baptist Church?
4. What tradition was Black Christianity associated with?
5. Who was Malcolm's focus audience when he spoke?
(d) Governmental leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the English teacher who suggested that Malcolm work in carpentry and not law?
2. Who was considered the most effective missionary of the Nation of Islam?
3. What church was King's father a minister of?
4. What three themes shaped King's faith and theology?
5. Who described Malcolm X as "the spokesman of bitter racism"?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)