|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Chickens Coming Home to Roost (1964-65).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith shaped King's idea of God?
(a) The faith of "humanity".
(b) The faith of "Christianity".
(c) The faith of the "black experience".
(d) The faith of the "black man in America".
2. When did Malcolm announce his break with the Nation of Islam?
(a) June 17, 1971.
(b) March 8, 1964.
(c) April 26, 1969.
(d) July 4, 1967.
3. What influenced Malcolm's "conception of the nightmare"?
(a) W.E.B. DuBois.
(b) The abduction of African slaves.
(c) Slave narratives.
(d) The judgement of God.
4. What was Malcolm's nickname in prison?
5. At what age did Martin Luther King, Jr. attend Morehouse College?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who described Malcolm X as "the spokesman of bitter racism"?
2. To whom did Malcolm gravitate towards after being ostracized from the Nation of Islam?
3. In what year was Malcolm X paroled from Charlestown State Prison?
4. What was Malcolm X's birth name?
5. Malcolm's comment on which assassination caused his break from the Nation of Islam?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)