|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Martian names
(b) First explores
(c) Foreign countries
(d) Cities in Europe
2. What news just reached Mars about Earth in this chapter?
(a) Earth is going to war
(b) Earth has been destroyed
(c) More people are relocating to Mars
(d) Mars is to be destroyed by those left on Earth
3. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
(b) Helping blacks become freee
(c) Rocket building
(d) Store sales
4. Which word below describes what the boys realize about their game?
(a) It would be shameful to their parents
(b) It is disgusting
(c) It will go on forever
(d) It is limited
5. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
2. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
3. Who did the Pioneers bring next to Mars?
4. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
5. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter Gripp suddenly try calling the largest beauty salon on Mars?
2. Why does LaFarge continually question Tom about his presence and what happens when he does?
3. How does Timothy recognize that his family is not really on a vacation?
4. For what was the town called Red Town named?
5. What do you think LaFarge hears in the backyard and why does he bolt the door and not explore the noise?
6. What is the author's purpose in including such a small chapter simply about elderly people making the move to Mars?
7. What does Stendahl reply when asked what he is planning to do with the house?
8. How does the author let the reader know that the family that once lived in the autonomously run house has been killed in the atomic blast?
9. What is ironic about the way the real Garrett and the house itself are destroyed? What does Stendahl tell Garrett about his demise?
10. What causes the destruction of the house and how does the house react?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)