|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys hike?
(a) White snow covered mountains
(b) Crystal mountains
(c) Mountains of ashes from the burnt bodies
(d) Newest deserted Martian towns
2. What are Hathaway's other family members?
(d) Other Earth people who had gone insane
3. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 20 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 30 years
4. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Martian car
(b) Military vehicle
(c) Family rocket
(d) Government vehicle
5. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
(a) With the use of the robots
(b) It is run by timers
(c) Without human intervention
(d) Without the use of machines
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
2. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
3. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
4. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
5. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the owner of the luggage store and Father Peregrine believe that people will no longer be coming to Mars?
2. Describe how Genevieve appears to Gripp the first time he sees her and how does this compare to his imagination?
3. What does the family do to keep warm on its first night on Mars and what does it symbolize?
4. Why does LaFarge continually question Tom about his presence and what happens when he does?
5. What causes the destruction of the house and how does the house react?
6. How does Timothy recognize that his family is not really on a vacation?
7. What two events surprise Wilder while he is at Hathaway's home after he has landed his rocket?
8. Why does Walter Gripp suddenly try calling the largest beauty salon on Mars?
9. Describe the game the young Earth boys play that disturbs and disgusts the parents.
10. How does the author let the reader know that the family that once lived in the autonomously run house has been killed in the atomic blast?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)