|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
(a) Government papers
(b) Family history papers
(d) Abandoned homes
2. What destroys the central computer?
(b) Atomic war
3. What traps Tom?
4. How did Father Peregrine describe the fighting during the war in China when he was a boy?
5. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
(a) Radio broadcasts
(b) Sattelite broadcats
(c) Incoming settlers on rockets
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
2. What does Pikes substitute for Garrett after he is killed?
3. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
4. Which of the following could best describe how the planet Mars has changed?
5. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teece see as a victory at the end of the chapter even though the blacks had gotten into the rockets and have left Earth?
2. What leads Elma, Sam's wife, to tell him that it might be another million years until Sam has a customer at his hotdog stand?
3. What is ironic about the way the real Garrett and the house itself are destroyed? What does Stendahl tell Garrett about his demise?
4. What two events surprise Wilder while he is at Hathaway's home after he has landed his rocket?
5. What comes to Mars that many of the Earth people particularly left Earth to escape?
6. For what was the town called Red Town named?
7. How does Timothy recognize that his family is not really on a vacation?
8. What does the family do to keep warm on its first night on Mars and what does it symbolize?
9. What do the new inhabitants of Mars call the elderly people who have begun to come to Mars?
10. Why do Sam and his wife escape into the sand ship and what leads them to return to their hotdog stand?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)