|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of background do most of the Americans come from who colonize Mars?
(d) Working class
2. What is the agreement that Williams has signed?
3. What do many of the Earthlings headed for Mars feel a need to escape?
(a) Governmental control
(d) Poor environment
4. Who leads the second Mars expedition?
5. Why does the woman singing on the stage run away frightened?
(a) She is afraid of the men who are approaching the stage
(b) She is afraid of the people looking at her
(c) She does not recognize the words she sang
(d) She does not know the other person on the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pritchard hauled away from the rocket?
2. What was the job of the first people to make their way to Mars?
3. What type of coats are the mothers in the chapter wearing?
4. What changes after the rocket is launched?
5. How do the Martians communicate with the Earthlings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Martians feel about about the strange happenings?
2. What disease did the Earthlings bring to Mars which killed the Martians, and how did the disease affect the Martians?
3. How do Gomez and Muhe communicate and what do they realize about their attempt to converse?
4. What is the purpose of this very short chapter and how is it important for the reader?
5. How can the reader infer that a second expedition will be happening soon?
6. What is different about the first wave of men from America and the second wave of men from America?
7. Why does Spendor, an Earthling, kill all of the members of his crew?
8. What is the theme of this chapter?
9. What are some of the reasons that the Earthlings had for coming to and settling on Mars?
10. What happens to the climate as the rocket launches?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)