|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the amphitheaters made of where the Martians gather?
2. From where was the rocket launched?
(a) House roof
(d) Space center
3. What happens to the snow?
(a) Reaches blizzard proportions
(b) Turns to rain
(c) Comes down harder
(d) Turns to hail
4. What does this chapter show the beginning of?
(a) Mental breakdowns
(b) Mars colonization
(c) Destruction of the Earth civilization
(d) Murderous thoughts
5. Which of the following characters was the archeologist?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was this novel written?
2. What happens when Williams and his crew arrive at the House and introduce themselves?
3. Where does Muhe indicate that Gomez is from?
4. Which term best describes how Mars is being colonized in relation to Earth?
5. Who does Ylla dream of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author convey the sense of importance at the rocket launch?
2. What theory does Black have about finding the deceased relatives on Mars?
3. How does Mr. Xxx feel about his own belief system and what choices would he make because of it?
4. How do the first settlers feel about their time on Mars and what happens to change this feeling?
5. What does Pritchard's arrest represent as well as his reaction to the arrest?
6. How do Gomez and Muhe communicate and what do they realize about their attempt to converse?
7. How can the reader infer that a second expedition will be happening soon?
8. What is different about the first wave of men from America and the second wave of men from America?
9. Why does Black find that many of his crew members are abandoning the rocket ship?
10. What is the reader left to infer that the author is referencing by using the term 'green star'?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)