|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Driscoll feel it is imperative to oxygenate the atmosphere of Mars?
(a) The air is thin
(b) To eliminate the Martians
(c) To make the scenery more like Earth
(d) So it can support more Earthlings
2. In what year does the book open?
3. Which term best describes how Mars is being colonized in relation to Earth?
(a) Exact replica of Earth
(b) Modeled after that on Earth with specific differences
(c) Modeled after the Martian homes with some specific differences
(d) Unique to both Mars and Earth
4. Which of the following characters first indicated that the Earthlings would drastically alter Mars?
5. Where are all of the settlers of Mars from so far?
(a) English speaking countries
(c) Poor underdeveloped countries
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pritchard afraid of?
2. Which of the following is a synonym for exodus as used in the following sentence? Rather than building a new civilization, the mass exodus from Earth is simply rebuilding the Earth.
3. What does Black believe the Martians used to project images into reality?
4. What was Driscoll given to help him plant seeds across Mars?
5. What year does the woman claim it is when they arrive at the Marian town of 'Green Bluff'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the character of Pritchard represent in American society?
2. In what way is Muhe's name alone a suggestion of a different time reference?
3. What is the House in reality?
4. How does Yll take care of the problem of Captain York?
5. What theory does Black have about finding the deceased relatives on Mars?
6. What is different about the first wave of men from America and the second wave of men from America?
7. How does Mr. Xxx feel about his own belief system and what choices would he make because of it?
8. Why is Ylla K unhappy in her marriage?
9. What are some of the reasons that the Earthlings had for coming to and settling on Mars?
10. How can the reader infer that a second expedition will be happening soon?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)