|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when the story opens?
2. What does Ylla use to cook the evening meal?
3. What are the amphitheaters made of where the Martians gather?
4. In what state does the story open?
5. Which of the following characters first indicated that the Earthlings would drastically alter Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the book open?
2. What happens to many women that night?
3. Which term best describes how Mars is being colonized in relation to Earth?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Williams feels when Mrs. Ttt slams the door in his face?
5. What melts the image of winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory does Black have about finding the deceased relatives on Mars?
2. Why is Ylla K unhappy in her marriage?
3. In what way is Muhe's name alone a suggestion of a different time reference?
4. How many cities were created and how did the women help to make them more homey?
5. Why does Yll continue to become more and more annoyed with his wife, Ylla?
6. Describe where Mr. and Mrs. K live.
7. Why was Driscoll spurred to take action about the atmosphere on Mars and what action did he take?
8. What is the House in reality?
9. What does the character of Pritchard represent in American society?
10. What was unexpected about the second wave of men and what event on Earth causes the wave to have this unexpected outcome?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)