|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes after the rocket is launched?
(a) Children's games
(b) House conditions
(c) Mother's actions
2. What do the Martians gather to do?
(a) Hear musicians play
(b) Watch a play
(c) Celebrate a famous holiday
(d) Listen to the rocket land
3. What happens to many women that night?
(a) Run out of their own own homes
(c) Awake from dreams
(d) Get pregnant
4. What type of relatives do crew members find in the town?
(d) Second or third cousins
5. What do the residents nickname the season?
(a) Rocket Melt
(b) Rocket Winter
(c) Rocket Summer
(d) Rocket Season
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year is the colonization of Mars nearly complete?
2. Who made up the first waves of settlers to Mars?
3. How many men constitute the crew of the third expedition?
4. What makes the sound which startles Gomez as he gets out of the car and watches the Martian night?
5. What happens to the land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Martians feel about about the strange happenings?
2. Why does Spendor, an Earthling, kill all of the members of his crew?
3. Why is Ylla K unhappy in her marriage?
4. What is the theme of this chapter and what does this chapter show between the Earth races and the Martians?
5. Why do the inhabitants refer to this time as "Rocket Summer"?
6. How can the reader infer that a second expedition will be happening soon?
7. How is the second expedition received on the planet of Mars?
8. What are some of the reasons that the Earthlings had for coming to and settling on Mars?
9. Why was Driscoll spurred to take action about the atmosphere on Mars and what action did he take?
10. How does the author convey the sense of importance at the rocket launch?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)