|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Driscoll given to help him plant seeds across Mars?
(a) Garden hoe
(b) Pick axe
2. What season is it when the story opens?
3. What is the true name of the planet Mars according to the Martians?
4. How is Pritchard hauled away from the rocket?
(b) Straight jacket
(c) Police wagon
(d) Asylum wagon
5. What is Driscoll doing when he first begins to feel the rain?
(a) Riding his motorcycle
(b) Digging holes
(c) Planting trees
(d) Lying by the fire
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the house Mr. and Mrs. K live in?
2. What dilemma do Williams and his crew face?
3. Where does Wilder ask to have Spendor shot?
4. Who comes to visit the explorers the next morning?
5. Which current meteorological term could be used to describe the climate changes experienced during January of 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gomez and Muhe communicate and what do they realize about their attempt to converse?
2. How does the author convey the sense of importance at the rocket launch?
3. How is the second expedition received on the planet of Mars?
4. Describe the cities built on Mars.
5. Why does Spendor, an Earthling, kill all of the members of his crew?
6. What is the purpose of this very short chapter and how is it important for the reader?
7. How can the reader infer that a second expedition will be happening soon?
8. What is different about the first wave of men from America and the second wave of men from America?
9. Why is Ylla K unhappy in her marriage?
10. What does the character of Pritchard represent in American society?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)