|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traps Tom?
2. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(a) Death to whites
(c) I'm leaving
(d) No more lynchings
3. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
(a) White House
(b) Washington monument
(c) Edgar Allen Poe's personal home
(d) House of Usher
4. What surprise do Sam and Elma find in the rear seat of their own sand ship?
(a) A government official
(b) A Martian female
(c) The same Martian male they had just killed
(d) Their dead son
5. What do the students make while playing their game?
6. Which of the following could best describe how the planet Mars has changed?
(a) It has become more and more uncontrollable
(b) It has become polluted
(c) It has become more Earth-like
(d) It has become more and more ethnically divided
7. Where does Walter Gripp live?
8. Where does William show the family Martians?
(a) In the historical buildings
(b) In the graveyards
(c) Reflection in the canal
(d) In the mountains
9. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Three days and nights
(b) Five days and nights
(c) Four days and nights
(d) Six days and nights
10. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Beside where the rockets land
(b) In line with the mineral deposits
(c) Beside the canal
(d) Near the luggage shop
11. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(b) Atomic war
12. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will return to Earth
(c) They will all be killed
(d) They will refuse to return to Earth
13. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
(a) Native Americans
(b) Hispanic Americans
(c) Asian Americans
(d) African Americans
14. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Martian names
(b) Cities in Europe
(c) First explores
(d) Foreign countries
15. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
(a) Luggage rack
(b) Ticket to Earth
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
2. What happened to the McClellans?
3. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
4. Why did the Thomas family tell people they were going to Mars?
5. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)