|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroys the central computer?
(c) Atomic war
2. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
(a) 5-10 years
(b) 20-30 years
(c) 1-2 years
(d) 3-4 years
3. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
4. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
(a) Luggage rack
(c) Ticket to Earth
5. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Military vehicle
(b) Family rocket
(c) Martian car
(d) Government vehicle
6. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Travel agency
(b) Hot dog stand
(c) Convience market
(d) Luggage store
7. What do the two men believe will happen to the hundred thousand people who are due to arrive on Mars in the next few weeks?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will arrive early
(c) They will not come
(d) They will all be killed
8. What do the parents of the boys do when the boys return home?
(a) Make them show them how to play the game
(b) Make them pray
(c) Make them tell the firemen what they did
(d) Make them take a bath
9. Where did the war tthat Father Peregrine discussed with the proprietor of the luggage store take place?
10. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
11. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(b) Invaders from another planet
(c) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
(d) Stars shooting across the store
12. Why did the settlers who are now living on Mars decide to come to Mars?
(a) Travel and tourism
(b) Right to freedom
(c) Escape criminal charges
(d) Leave behind bigotry
13. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
14. What new category of people has begun to travel to Mars?
15. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor's crew landed
(b) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(c) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(d) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hathaway do to celebrate what he believes is his eminent rescue?
2. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
3. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
4. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
5. Which word below describes what the boys realize about their game?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)