|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
(a) Help us
(b) Send weapons
(c) Come home
(d) Stay away
2. Where does Walter Gripp live?
3. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
4. Who did the sophisticates bring next to Mars?
5. Why did Selsor stay behind on Mars?
(a) To hide from the war
(b) To avoid jail on Earth
(c) To eat whatever she wants
(d) To be able to take care of her busness
6. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
(b) Ticket to Earth
(d) Luggage rack
7. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Stars shooting across the store
(b) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(c) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
(d) Invaders from another planet
8. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(b) Where Spendor's crew landed
(c) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(d) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
9. What traps Tom?
10. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Beside the canal
(b) Near the luggage shop
(c) In line with the mineral deposits
(d) Beside where the rockets land
11. Why did the Thomas family tell people they were going to Mars?
(b) To retrieve people left behind
(c) To live
(d) To rebuild Mars
12. Where did the war tthat Father Peregrine discussed with the proprietor of the luggage store take place?
13. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) A shotgun
(b) Turning him over to the authorities
(d) The disease
14. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will refuse to return to Earth
(b) They will all be killed
(c) They will return to Earth
(d) They will find another planet on which to hide
15. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
(a) Radio broadcasts
(c) Sattelite broadcats
(d) Incoming settlers on rockets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teece tell Belter will happen to the rocket?
2. Who did the Pioneers bring next to Mars?
3. Where do the boys hike?
4. What do the students make while playing their game?
5. Where does William show the family Martians?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)