|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 20 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 10 years
2. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Stars shooting across the store
(b) Invaders from another planet
(c) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(d) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
3. What new category of people has begun to travel to Mars?
4. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
(a) Simply falls apart
(c) Continues on
5. Why did the settlers who are now living on Mars decide to come to Mars?
(a) Escape criminal charges
(b) Right to freedom
(c) Travel and tourism
(d) Leave behind bigotry
6. In which Poe story was the death the same as the manner in which the real Garrett died?
(a) The Raven
(b) The Fall of the House of Usher
(c) The Cask of Amontillado
(d) The Murder in the Rue Morgue
7. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
(b) Helping blacks become freee
(c) Rocket building
(d) Store sales
8. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
9. Why did Selsor stay behind on Mars?
(a) To avoid jail on Earth
(b) To eat whatever she wants
(c) To be able to take care of her busness
(d) To hide from the war
10. What are Hathaway's other family members?
(d) Other Earth people who had gone insane
11. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will refuse to return to Earth
(b) They will return to Earth
(c) They will all be killed
(d) They will find another planet on which to hide
12. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
(b) Sattelite broadcats
(c) Radio broadcasts
(d) Incoming settlers on rockets
13. How did Father Peregrine describe the fighting during the war in China when he was a boy?
14. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) A shotgun
(b) The disease
(d) Turning him over to the authorities
15. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
(d) Financial institutions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
2. Who does LaFarge and his wife find in their backyard one rainy night?
3. What destroys the central computer?
4. What surprise do Sam and Elma find in the rear seat of their own sand ship?
5. Where do the boys hike?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)