|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
(a) Abandoned homes
(b) Government papers
(c) Family history papers
2. In which Poe story was the death the same as the manner in which the real Garrett died?
(a) The Murder in the Rue Morgue
(b) The Raven
(c) The Fall of the House of Usher
(d) The Cask of Amontillado
3. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
4. Who did the sophisticates bring next to Mars?
5. Who does LaFarge and his wife find in their backyard one rainy night?
(a) A government official
(b) A Martian couple
(c) Edgar Allen Poe
(d) Their dead son, Tom
6. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
(a) Without human intervention
(b) Without the use of machines
(c) It is run by timers
(d) With the use of the robots
7. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(a) Death to whites
(b) No more lynchings
(c) I'm leaving
8. Why did Selsor stay behind on Mars?
(a) To be able to take care of her busness
(b) To hide from the war
(c) To avoid jail on Earth
(d) To eat whatever she wants
9. What happened to the McClellans?
(a) The moved to another Earth town
(b) They moved to Mars
(c) They are on the rocket on its way back from Mars
(d) They died
10. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
(a) Native Americans
(b) Hispanic Americans
(c) Asian Americans
(d) African Americans
11. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(b) Where Spendor's crew landed
(c) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(d) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
12. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Walter Gripp
(b) Genevieve Selsor
(c) Sam Parkhill
(d) Father Peregrine
13. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(b) Atomic war
14. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Family rocket
(b) Government vehicle
(c) Martian car
(d) Military vehicle
15. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
(d) Financial institutions
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
2. Why did the Thomas family tell people they were going to Mars?
3. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
4. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
5. What tax was abolished?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)