|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Martian names
(b) First explores
(c) Cities in Europe
(d) Foreign countries
2. What new portion of civilization does the author indicate has begun to settle on Mars?
(b) Middle class
(c) Non-American settlers
3. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
(a) A microcosm of Martian society
(c) A copy of Earth
(d) A generational society
4. Which of the following could best describe how the planet Mars has changed?
(a) It has become more and more uncontrollable
(b) It has become polluted
(c) It has become more Earth-like
(d) It has become more and more ethnically divided
5. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
(a) Helping blacks become freee
(c) Store sales
(d) Rocket building
6. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(a) Political biases
7. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Four days and nights
(b) Six days and nights
(c) Three days and nights
(d) Five days and nights
8. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
(a) It is run by timers
(b) Without the use of machines
(c) Without human intervention
(d) With the use of the robots
9. Which word below describes what the boys realize about their game?
(a) It is limited
(b) It will go on forever
(c) It would be shameful to their parents
(d) It is disgusting
10. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) Turning him over to the authorities
(b) A shotgun
(d) The disease
11. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
12. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor's crew landed
(b) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(c) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(d) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
13. Which of the following characters offers to take Silly's place as a worker?
(b) Grandpa Quartermain
14. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(d) Atomic war
15. What does Teece tell Belter will happen to the rocket?
(a) He will shoot the rocket destroying it
(b) It will not ever take off as it does not have fuel
(c) Explode on launch
(d) It will land on a different planet from Mars
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William show the family Martians?
2. What happened to the McClellans?
3. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
4. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
5. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)