|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
2. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
(a) Send weapons
(b) Stay away
(c) Help us
(d) Come home
3. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
(a) Family history papers
(b) Government papers
(d) Abandoned homes
4. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
5. What new category of people has begun to travel to Mars?
6. Where do the boys hike?
(a) Mountains of ashes from the burnt bodies
(b) Crystal mountains
(c) White snow covered mountains
(d) Newest deserted Martian towns
7. Which of the following major cities was reported to have been invaded by the Morse-code messages?
(d) Washington, DC
8. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
(d) North America
9. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
(a) Has taken the human form of Tom
(b) Committed suicide
(c) Has seen and gone with Martians
(d) Murdered by Tom
10. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
(b) Takes the form of Tom forever
(c) Moves away
(d) Moves in with Lavinia's family
11. What destroys the central computer?
(c) Atomic war
12. What do the Martians present Sam with which makes Sam delirious with delight?
(b) Sand ships
(c) Hot dog supplies
(d) Land deeds
13. Why did the Thomas family tell people they were going to Mars?
(b) To retrieve people left behind
(c) To live
(d) To rebuild Mars
14. Who did the sophisticates bring next to Mars?
15. What term does the author use to describe the elderly?
(a) Mummy people
(b) Seasoned people
(c) Unwanted people
(d) Useless people
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sam demand leave his shop?
2. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
3. Which word below describes what the boys realize about their game?
4. In what town does Gripp end up?
5. What traps Tom?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)