|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will all be killed
(c) They will return to Earth
(d) They will refuse to return to Earth
2. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
(a) Murdered by Tom
(b) Committed suicide
(c) Has seen and gone with Martians
(d) Has taken the human form of Tom
3. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
(a) Store sales
(b) Helping blacks become freee
(d) Rocket building
4. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(d) Atomic war
5. What do the students make while playing their game?
6. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
7. What new portion of civilization does the author indicate has begun to settle on Mars?
(a) Middle class
(b) Non-American settlers
8. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Four days and nights
(b) Six days and nights
(c) Three days and nights
(d) Five days and nights
9. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Sam Parkhill
(b) Father Peregrine
(c) Walter Gripp
(d) Genevieve Selsor
10. What do the parents of the boys do when the boys return home?
(a) Make them take a bath
(b) Make them show them how to play the game
(c) Make them tell the firemen what they did
(d) Make them pray
11. Which of the following major cities was reported to have been invaded by the Morse-code messages?
(c) Washington, DC
12. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
(a) Punish them using time out
(b) Praise them
(c) Encourage them to continue to play the game
(d) Punish them with beatings
13. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(a) Political biases
14. What does Teece tell Belter will happen to the rocket?
(a) He will shoot the rocket destroying it
(b) It will land on a different planet from Mars
(c) Explode on launch
(d) It will not ever take off as it does not have fuel
15. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
2. Where does Walter Gripp live?
3. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
4. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
5. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)