|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
(a) A generational society
(b) A microcosm of Martian society
(d) A copy of Earth
2. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
3. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(c) Political biases
4. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(d) Atomic war
5. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will all be killed
(c) They will refuse to return to Earth
(d) They will return to Earth
6. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
(a) Sattelite broadcats
(b) Incoming settlers on rockets
(c) Radio broadcasts
7. Where does William show the family Martians?
(a) In the mountains
(b) In the graveyards
(c) Reflection in the canal
(d) In the historical buildings
8. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Genevieve Selsor
(b) Father Peregrine
(c) Walter Gripp
(d) Sam Parkhill
9. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
(a) 1-2 years
(b) 3-4 years
(c) 5-10 years
(d) 20-30 years
10. Who bans Stendahl from building the house on Earth?
(a) Office of Moral Climate
(b) Environmental Protection Agency
(c) Office of Labor and Statistics
(d) Office of the President of the United States
11. What are Hathaway's other family members?
(d) Other Earth people who had gone insane
12. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
13. How far away does Gripp eventually drive away from Marlin Village?
(a) 1,000 miles
(b) 1,000,000 miles
(c) 100,000 miles
(d) 10,000 miles
14. What traps Tom?
15. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) Turning him over to the authorities
(b) A shotgun
(c) The disease
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Thomas family tell people they were going to Mars?
2. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
3. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
4. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
5. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)