|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Poe story was the death the same as the manner in which the real Garrett died?
(a) The Raven
(b) The Cask of Amontillado
(c) The Fall of the House of Usher
(d) The Murder in the Rue Morgue
2. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Beside the canal
(b) Near the luggage shop
(c) Beside where the rockets land
(d) In line with the mineral deposits
3. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
(b) A copy of Earth
(c) A microcosm of Martian society
(d) A generational society
4. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Three days and nights
(b) Four days and nights
(c) Six days and nights
(d) Five days and nights
5. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Family rocket
(b) Martian car
(c) Military vehicle
(d) Government vehicle
6. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will return to Earth
(c) They will all be killed
(d) They will refuse to return to Earth
7. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
(a) Radio broadcasts
(b) Sattelite broadcats
(c) Incoming settlers on rockets
8. What term does the author use to describe the elderly?
(a) Mummy people
(b) Seasoned people
(c) Unwanted people
(d) Useless people
9. How far away does Gripp eventually drive away from Marlin Village?
(a) 1,000,000 miles
(b) 1,000 miles
(c) 10,000 miles
(d) 100,000 miles
10. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Travel agency
(b) Hot dog stand
(c) Luggage store
(d) Convience market
11. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
(a) Ticket to Earth
(d) Luggage rack
12. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
(a) White House
(b) Washington monument
(c) House of Usher
(d) Edgar Allen Poe's personal home
13. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
14. What new portion of civilization does the author indicate has begun to settle on Mars?
(c) Non-American settlers
(d) Middle class
15. What tragedy happened to LaFarge and his wife?
(a) They lost everything in a rocket explosion on the way to Mars
(b) Parents were killed on Mars
(c) Son was killed on Earth
(d) Government took all of their posessions
Short Answer Questions
1. What has killed most of the Martians?
2. Who does LaFarge and his wife find in their backyard one rainy night?
3. What kind of storms have taken over Mars?
4. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
5. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)