|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 10 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 30 years
2. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
3. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
(a) Asian Americans
(b) Native Americans
(c) African Americans
(d) Hispanic Americans
4. Where do the boys hike?
(a) Newest deserted Martian towns
(b) Mountains of ashes from the burnt bodies
(c) Crystal mountains
(d) White snow covered mountains
5. Which of the following is the correct order of people that colonized Mars?
(a) Pioneers, elderly, sophisticates, government, workers
(b) Pioneers, sophisticates, workers, government, elderly
(c) Pioneers, workers, sophisticates, government, elderly
(d) Pioneers, government, workers, elderly, sophisticates
6. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
7. Why did the settlers who are now living on Mars decide to come to Mars?
(a) Leave behind bigotry
(b) Escape criminal charges
(c) Right to freedom
(d) Travel and tourism
8. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
(a) 20-30 years
(b) 3-4 years
(c) 1-2 years
(d) 5-10 years
9. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
10. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Beside the canal
(b) Near the luggage shop
(c) In line with the mineral deposits
(d) Beside where the rockets land
11. What traps Tom?
12. What kind of storms have taken over Mars?
13. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) Turning him over to the authorities
(b) A shotgun
(d) The disease
14. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(a) No more lynchings
(c) I'm leaving
(d) Death to whites
15. How far away does Gripp eventually drive away from Marlin Village?
(a) 1,000 miles
(b) 10,000 miles
(c) 1,000,000 miles
(d) 100,000 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
2. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
3. What does Hathaway do to celebrate what he believes is his eminent rescue?
4. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
5. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)