|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
(a) Without human intervention
(b) Without the use of machines
(c) It is run by timers
(d) With the use of the robots
2. What term does the author use to describe the elderly?
(a) Mummy people
(b) Seasoned people
(c) Unwanted people
(d) Useless people
3. With what does Sam threaten the Martian?
(a) The disease
(c) A shotgun
(d) Turning him over to the authorities
4. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
(a) Has seen and gone with Martians
(b) Has taken the human form of Tom
(c) Murdered by Tom
(d) Committed suicide
5. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Five days and nights
(b) Six days and nights
(c) Four days and nights
(d) Three days and nights
6. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
(a) Punish them using time out
(b) Punish them with beatings
(c) Praise them
(d) Encourage them to continue to play the game
7. Where did the war tthat Father Peregrine discussed with the proprietor of the luggage store take place?
8. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Family rocket
(b) Government vehicle
(c) Martian car
(d) Military vehicle
9. What do the students make while playing their game?
10. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
(b) A generational society
(c) A microcosm of Martian society
(d) A copy of Earth
11. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
(a) Native Americans
(b) Hispanic Americans
(c) Asian Americans
(d) African Americans
12. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
(d) North America
13. Who does Sam demand leave his shop?
(a) Father Peregrine
(b) A Martian
(c) Lavina and Tom
(d) All workers from China and Mexico
14. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Foreign countries
(b) First explores
(c) Martian names
(d) Cities in Europe
15. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 20 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 30 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hathaway do to celebrate what he believes is his eminent rescue?
2. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
3. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
4. What are Hathaway's other family members?
5. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)