|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Military vehicle
(b) Government vehicle
(c) Family rocket
(d) Martian car
2. Who bans Stendahl from building the house on Earth?
(a) Environmental Protection Agency
(b) Office of Moral Climate
(c) Office of Labor and Statistics
(d) Office of the President of the United States
3. Why did Selsor stay behind on Mars?
(a) To be able to take care of her busness
(b) To hide from the war
(c) To eat whatever she wants
(d) To avoid jail on Earth
4. Who did the sophisticates bring next to Mars?
5. What destroys the central computer?
(c) Atomic war
6. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Invaders from another planet
(b) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(c) Stars shooting across the store
(d) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
7. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Convience market
(b) Travel agency
(c) Hot dog stand
(d) Luggage store
8. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will return to Earth
(b) They will refuse to return to Earth
(c) They will find another planet on which to hide
(d) They will all be killed
9. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
(a) Come home
(b) Send weapons
(c) Help us
(d) Stay away
10. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor's crew landed
(b) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(c) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(d) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
11. What surprise do Sam and Elma find in the rear seat of their own sand ship?
(a) A government official
(b) A Martian female
(c) Their dead son
(d) The same Martian male they had just killed
12. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Foreign countries
(b) Cities in Europe
(c) First explores
(d) Martian names
13. In which Poe story was the death the same as the manner in which the real Garrett died?
(a) The Raven
(b) The Cask of Amontillado
(c) The Fall of the House of Usher
(d) The Murder in the Rue Morgue
14. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
(a) Washington monument
(b) White House
(c) House of Usher
(d) Edgar Allen Poe's personal home
15. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
(a) 20-30 years
(b) 3-4 years
(c) 1-2 years
(d) 5-10 years
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
2. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
3. How far away does Gripp eventually drive away from Marlin Village?
4. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
5. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)