Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which Poe story was the death the same as the manner in which the real Garrett died?
(a) The Cask of Amontillado
(b) The Fall of the House of Usher
(c) The Raven
(d) The Murder in the Rue Morgue
2. Which of the following characters offers to take Silly's place as a worker?
(b) Grandpa Quartermain
3. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(b) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(c) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(d) Where Spendor's crew landed
4. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
(a) Punish them using time out
(b) Encourage them to continue to play the game
(c) Punish them with beatings
(d) Praise them
5. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(a) Political biases
6. Why did Selsor stay behind on Mars?
(a) To hide from the war
(b) To be able to take care of her busness
(c) To eat whatever she wants
(d) To avoid jail on Earth
7. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Martian names
(b) Cities in Europe
(c) Foreign countries
(d) First explores
8. Where do the boys hike?
(a) Mountains of ashes from the burnt bodies
(b) Newest deserted Martian towns
(c) White snow covered mountains
(d) Crystal mountains
9. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Travel agency
(b) Hot dog stand
(c) Luggage store
(d) Convience market
10. In what town does Gripp end up?
(a) New Texas City
(b) Martian mountains
(c) Marlin VIllage
(d) Holtville Springs
11. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
12. Who made the prediction that Mars would become an altered planet by the new settlers?
13. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
(c) North America
14. What tragedy happened to LaFarge and his wife?
(a) Son was killed on Earth
(b) Parents were killed on Mars
(c) They lost everything in a rocket explosion on the way to Mars
(d) Government took all of their posessions
15. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Sam Parkhill
(b) Genevieve Selsor
(c) Father Peregrine
(d) Walter Gripp
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
2. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
3. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
4. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
5. What new portion of civilization does the author indicate has begun to settle on Mars?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)