|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students make while playing their game?
2. What surprise do Sam and Elma find in the rear seat of their own sand ship?
(a) Their dead son
(b) The same Martian male they had just killed
(c) A Martian female
(d) A government official
3. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
4. What new category of people has begun to travel to Mars?
5. Who made the prediction that Mars would become an altered planet by the new settlers?
6. What has Mars become with the arrival of the elderly?
(a) A generational society
(b) A microcosm of Martian society
(d) A copy of Earth
7. In what town does Gripp end up?
(a) New Texas City
(b) Marlin VIllage
(c) Martian mountains
(d) Holtville Springs
8. How does the Thomas family arrive on Mars?
(a) Military vehicle
(b) Government vehicle
(c) Family rocket
(d) Martian car
9. What do the Martians present Sam with which makes Sam delirious with delight?
(a) Land deeds
(b) Sand ships
(d) Hot dog supplies
10. Which of the following is the correct order of people that colonized Mars?
(a) Pioneers, elderly, sophisticates, government, workers
(b) Pioneers, government, workers, elderly, sophisticates
(c) Pioneers, sophisticates, workers, government, elderly
(d) Pioneers, workers, sophisticates, government, elderly
11. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(c) Atomic war
12. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(a) Death to whites
(b) I'm leaving
(d) No more lynchings
13. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(b) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(c) Where Spendor's crew landed
(d) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
14. What tragedy happened to LaFarge and his wife?
(a) Son was killed on Earth
(b) Government took all of their posessions
(c) Parents were killed on Mars
(d) They lost everything in a rocket explosion on the way to Mars
15. What tax was abolished?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
2. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
3. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
4. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
5. Where does Walter Gripp live?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)