|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traps Tom?
2. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will find another planet on which to hide
(b) They will all be killed
(c) They will refuse to return to Earth
(d) They will return to Earth
3. What destroys the central computer?
(c) Atomic war
4. What happens at 9:00?
(a) The Earth explodes
(b) Settlers gather and destroy all Martians
(c) Mars catches on fire
(d) Earth begins to burn
5. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
6. How far away does Gripp eventually drive away from Marlin Village?
(a) 10,000 miles
(b) 1,000 miles
(c) 1,000,000 miles
(d) 100,000 miles
7. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
(a) Financial institutions
8. What are Hathaway's other family members?
(c) Other Earth people who had gone insane
9. What happened to the McClellans?
(a) They moved to Mars
(b) They are on the rocket on its way back from Mars
(c) They died
(d) The moved to another Earth town
10. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
(c) North America
11. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(b) Death to whites
(c) I'm leaving
(d) No more lynchings
12. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
(a) Simply falls apart
(d) Continues on
13. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 5 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 30 years
14. What do the Martians present Sam with which makes Sam delirious with delight?
(a) Hot dog supplies
(b) Land deeds
(d) Sand ships
15. What new category of people has begun to travel to Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
2. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
3. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
4. How do the people on Earth let the people on Mars know what is going on on Earth?
5. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)