|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
(a) Moves away
(b) Takes the form of Tom forever
(d) Moves in with Lavinia's family
2. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Beside the canal
(b) Near the luggage shop
(c) In line with the mineral deposits
(d) Beside where the rockets land
3. What has killed most of the Martians?
(a) Chicken pox
(c) Themselves (suicide)
(d) Rocket ships
4. Which continent was obliterated according to the messages?
(d) North America
5. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Father Peregrine
(b) Walter Gripp
(c) Sam Parkhill
(d) Genevieve Selsor
6. What does Pikes substitute for Garrett after he is killed?
7. Which of the following major cities was reported to have been invaded by the Morse-code messages?
(a) Washington, DC
8. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
(a) Simply falls apart
(b) Continues on
9. What do the parents of the boys do when the boys return home?
(a) Make them take a bath
(b) Make them pray
(c) Make them tell the firemen what they did
(d) Make them show them how to play the game
10. Which word below describes what the boys realize about their game?
(a) It will go on forever
(b) It would be shameful to their parents
(c) It is disgusting
(d) It is limited
11. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
(a) They will return to Earth
(b) They will refuse to return to Earth
(c) They will all be killed
(d) They will find another planet on which to hide
12. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
(a) Punish them with beatings
(b) Punish them using time out
(c) Encourage them to continue to play the game
(d) Praise them
13. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
14. What do the two men believe will happen to the hundred thousand people who are due to arrive on Mars in the next few weeks?
(a) They will all be killed
(b) They will find another planet on which to hide
(c) They will arrive early
(d) They will not come
15. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William show the family Martians?
2. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
3. Where do the boys hike?
4. What happens at 9:00?
5. Who did the Pioneers bring next to Mars?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)