|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Four days and nights
(b) Three days and nights
(c) Five days and nights
(d) Six days and nights
2. Who did the Pioneers bring next to Mars?
3. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
(a) I'm leaving
(b) No more lynchings
(c) Death to whites
4. What does Pikes substitute for Garrett after he is killed?
5. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
6. What does William Stendahl hope to recreate on Mars?
(a) White House
(b) House of Usher
(c) Edgar Allen Poe's personal home
(d) Washington monument
7. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
(a) Takes the form of Tom forever
(b) Moves away
(d) Moves in with Lavinia's family
8. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
9. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Travel agency
(b) Luggage store
(c) Convience market
(d) Hot dog stand
10. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
(a) Come home
(b) Help us
(c) Send weapons
(d) Stay away
11. Which of the following characters offers to take Silly's place as a worker?
(a) Grandpa Quartermain
12. What do the parents of the boys do when the boys return home?
(a) Make them take a bath
(b) Make them show them how to play the game
(c) Make them pray
(d) Make them tell the firemen what they did
13. What happens to the McClellans' house at the end of the chapter?
(a) Simply falls apart
(c) Continues on
14. Where does William show the family Martians?
(a) In the historical buildings
(b) In the graveyards
(c) In the mountains
(d) Reflection in the canal
15. What does the word autonomously mean as it is used in the following sentence: The house is designed to function autonomously.
(a) It is run by timers
(b) With the use of the robots
(c) Without human intervention
(d) Without the use of machines
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the McClellans?
2. How did Father Peregrine describe the fighting during the war in China when he was a boy?
3. What do the two men believe will happen to the hundred thousand people who are due to arrive on Mars in the next few weeks?
4. What do the two men discussing the war believe will happen to the people who are living on Mars?
5. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)