|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made the prediction that Mars would become an altered planet by the new settlers?
2. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Stars shooting across the store
(b) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(c) Invaders from another planet
(d) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
3. What does Sam Parkhill open on Mars that is the first of its kind?
(a) Convience market
(b) Travel agency
(c) Hot dog stand
(d) Luggage store
4. What happened to the McClellans?
(a) They are on the rocket on its way back from Mars
(b) The moved to another Earth town
(c) They died
(d) They moved to Mars
5. How long have many of the settlers lived on Mars at this time?
(a) 3-4 years
(b) 5-10 years
(c) 1-2 years
(d) 20-30 years
6. Where does Walter Gripp live?
7. Who does LaFarge and his wife find in their backyard one rainy night?
(a) A government official
(b) Edgar Allen Poe
(c) A Martian couple
(d) Their dead son, Tom
8. What tax was abolished?
9. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
(b) Moves away
(c) Moves in with Lavinia's family
(d) Takes the form of Tom forever
10. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 30 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 20 years
11. What traps Tom?
12. What does Teece tell Belter will happen to the rocket?
(a) It will not ever take off as it does not have fuel
(b) Explode on launch
(c) He will shoot the rocket destroying it
(d) It will land on a different planet from Mars
13. What are Hathaway's other family members?
(b) Other Earth people who had gone insane
14. After what do the settlers on Mars rename the Martian landscape?
(a) Martian names
(b) Foreign countries
(c) Cities in Europe
(d) First explores
15. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) Near the luggage shop
(b) In line with the mineral deposits
(c) Beside where the rockets land
(d) Beside the canal
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents of the boys do when the boys return home?
2. What destroys the central computer?
3. What ethnicity is fleeing Earth for Mars in this chapter?
4. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
5. Where does William show the family Martians?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)