|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(d) Political biases
2. How do the fathers punish the boys when they return home?
(a) Punish them using time out
(b) Encourage them to continue to play the game
(c) Punish them with beatings
(d) Praise them
3. How long does Gripp drive to get away from Selsor?
(a) Five days and nights
(b) Four days and nights
(c) Six days and nights
(d) Three days and nights
4. Where do Sam and his wife Elma open their shop?
(a) In line with the mineral deposits
(b) Near the luggage shop
(c) Beside the canal
(d) Beside where the rockets land
5. After what did the settlers name Spendor Hill?
(a) Where Spendor killed his crew mates
(b) Where Spendor was killed by his captain
(c) Where Spendor sat thinking about what to do
(d) Where Spendor's crew landed
6. What tragedy happened to LaFarge and his wife?
(a) Government took all of their posessions
(b) They lost everything in a rocket explosion on the way to Mars
(c) Parents were killed on Mars
(d) Son was killed on Earth
7. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 5 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 20 years
(d) 10 years
8. What does Hathaway see in the sky on his walk back from the graveyard?
(a) Invaders from another planet
(b) Stars shooting across the store
(c) Earth explode and parts shoot across the sky
(d) Red flame from a rocket in the sky
9. What animal were the robotic house cleaners designed after?
10. Who made the prediction that Mars would become an altered planet by the new settlers?
11. What did Teece participate in many times at night?
(b) Helping blacks become freee
(c) Store sales
(d) Rocket building
12. Who did the sophisticates bring next to Mars?
13. What was at the end of each Morse-code message?
(a) Send weapons
(b) Help us
(c) Come home
(d) Stay away
14. Which of the following characters offers to take Silly's place as a worker?
(a) Grandpa Quartermain
15. What does William tell his family was taking over the Earth way of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the McClellans?
2. What did Silly say that Teece remarked was a triumph for Teece himself?
3. What surprise do Sam and Elma find in the rear seat of their own sand ship?
4. What happens to the Martian who continually shifts into the form of deceased loved ones or enemies?
5. Where do the boys hike?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)