|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Peregrine purchase on his way out of the shop?
(a) Luggage rack
(d) Ticket to Earth
2. What does the family burn to keep warm at night?
(a) Abandoned homes
(c) Family history papers
(d) Government papers
3. Which of the following does Stendahl not blame for for the small laws which he feels prevent him from doing what he would like to do?
(d) Political biases
4. What news just reached Mars about Earth in this chapter?
(a) Earth has been destroyed
(b) More people are relocating to Mars
(c) Mars is to be destroyed by those left on Earth
(d) Earth is going to war
5. What kind of pain does Hathaway suffer from during this chapter?
6. Who does LaFarge and his wife find in their backyard one rainy night?
(a) Their dead son, Tom
(b) A Martian couple
(c) A government official
(d) Edgar Allen Poe
7. Which of the following characters believes he is the last human being left on Mars?
(a) Father Peregrine
(b) Walter Gripp
(c) Sam Parkhill
(d) Genevieve Selsor
8. By 2026 in this chapter, how long has it been since the Great War on Earth?
(a) 20 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 30 years
9. What new portion of civilization does the author indicate has begun to settle on Mars?
(a) Non-American settlers
(b) Middle class
10. What animal kills Garrett as he comes to investigate the House of Usher?
11. Who made the prediction that Mars would become an altered planet by the new settlers?
12. Which of the following is the correct order of people that colonized Mars?
(a) Pioneers, sophisticates, workers, government, elderly
(b) Pioneers, elderly, sophisticates, government, workers
(c) Pioneers, workers, sophisticates, government, elderly
(d) Pioneers, government, workers, elderly, sophisticates
13. What is reported to have happened to a man named Nomland who lived near the canal?
(a) Has taken the human form of Tom
(b) Committed suicide
(c) Has seen and gone with Martians
(d) Murdered by Tom
14. What destroyed many of the buildings and people in Allendale, California?
(b) Atomic war
15. Who did the Pioneers bring next to Mars?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does the face of the Martian seem to be?
2. What does Teece tell Belter will happen to the rocket?
3. What does William say was the downfall of Earth?
4. Which of the following characters offers to take Silly's place as a worker?
5. Which of the following major cities was reported to have been invaded by the Morse-code messages?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)