|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the women do to help make the Martian towns seem more like home?
(a) Destroy all things Martian
(b) Pollute them
(c) Decorate them
(d) Paint them
2. What happens to the land?
(a) Becomes soaked
(b) Remains frozen
(c) Catches on fire
(d) Forms a large crator
3. What does Muhe try to explain to Gomez?
(a) How to drink the wine from the canals
(b) That the Martian race is not dead
(c) That stars are the key to the universe
(d) How to build a praying mantis machine
4. How is Pritchard hauled away from the rocket?
(b) Asylum wagon
(c) Police wagon
(d) Straight jacket
5. What melts the image of winter?
(a) Solar flare
(b) Ship landing
(c) Rocket launch
(d) Solar eclipse
6. What year does the woman claim it is when they arrive at the Marian town of 'Green Bluff'?
7. Where is the ship to land according to Ylla?
(a) Green Apples
(b) Green Acres
(c) Green Pond
(d) Green Valley
8. Who comes to visit the explorers the next morning?
(a) Mr. Aaa
(b) Mr. Xxx
(c) Mr. Ttt
(d) Mr. Ccc
9. What happens to the snow?
(a) Turns to rain
(b) Turns to hail
(c) Reaches blizzard proportions
(d) Comes down harder
10. How do the guards classify the first two attempts to head toward Mars?
11. What changes after the rocket is launched?
(a) Children's games
(b) Mother's actions
(d) House conditions
12. What threatens Earth and changes the make-up of the second wave?
13. Which current meteorological term could be used to describe the climate changes experienced during January of 1999?
(b) Seasonal Interlude
(d) Global warming
14. How many people moved to Mars from Earth?
15. How many Martian cities were wiped out by the chicken pox?
(a) 9 out of 10
(b) 4 out of 5
(c) 1 out of 8
(d) 7 out of 8
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes how Mars is being colonized in relation to Earth?
2. Where does Muhe indicate that Gomez is from?
3. Mr. and Mrs. K are ____________.
4. When was this novel written?
5. What does Ylla do in a foreign tongue?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)