|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on Mars to dissipate loneliness?
(a) Governmental control is not present
(b) Martians are welcoming
(c) Crime and criminal activity increase
(d) More people come
2. In what month and year is the colonization of Mars nearly complete?
(a) April 2003
(b) April 2002
(c) February 2002
(d) February 2003
3. How many days did Driscoll spend planting thousands of seeds?
4. What type of coats are the mothers in the chapter wearing?
5. What does Mr. Aaa call and challenge Mr. Ttt to?
(a) Biking contest
(c) Song contest
(d) Writing contest
6. Who leads the second Mars expedition?
7. What does Muhe try to explain to Gomez?
(a) How to drink the wine from the canals
(b) That the Martian race is not dead
(c) That stars are the key to the universe
(d) How to build a praying mantis machine
8. What does Ylla use to cook the evening meal?
9. What are the amphitheaters made of where the Martians gather?
10. What happens when Williams and his crew arrive at the House and introduce themselves?
(a) Resigned sighs
(b) Hiding and indignation
(c) Clapping and cheering
(d) Angery calls
11. What does the audience feel in the air?
12. What happens to many women that night?
(a) Get pregnant
(c) Run out of their own own homes
(d) Awake from dreams
13. Which of the following is the reader led to assume in this chapter?
(a) Mankind will learn to respect plants and life
(b) Earthlings and Martians will form tight bonds
(c) Mankind will begin to change Mars
(d) Martians will accept Earthlings
14. When was this novel written?
15. Why does Ylla agree to stay home?
(a) To wait for Captain York
(b) To aovid Yll
(c) To make Yll happy and avoid a fight
(d) To entertain a guest
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes how Mars is being colonized in relation to Earth?
2. How do the settlers of Mars come?
3. What does Ylla sleep upon?
4. Who comes to visit the explorers the next morning?
5. What type of background do most of the Americans come from who colonize Mars?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)