|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ylla agree to stay home?
(a) To wait for Captain York
(b) To entertain a guest
(c) To make Yll happy and avoid a fight
(d) To aovid Yll
2. What is Driscoll doing when he first begins to feel the rain?
(a) Lying by the fire
(b) Digging holes
(c) Riding his motorcycle
(d) Planting trees
3. What fills the Dead Sea during some seasons?
4. Where were Williams and his crew members placed?
(a) Space institute
5. How would you describe the feeling of all of the Martians during this time of singing foreign tunes?
(a) Full of resignation
(b) Full of dreams
(c) Full of hot anger
(d) Full of cold fear
6. What does Pritchard want to do?
(a) Watch the rocket take off
(b) Go in the rocket
(c) Hold a violent protest against space travel
(d) Stop the rocekt from launching
7. Which insect does the author use to describe the rockets landing on Mars?
8. Which of the following descriptions does the author use to describe the construction crews?
(a) Steel-toothed carnivores
(b) T-rex dinosaurs
(c) Plague carrying monsters
(d) Termite infestations
9. Which current meteorological term could be used to describe the climate changes experienced during January of 1999?
(b) Global warming
(d) Seasonal Interlude
10. How do the first settlers feel as the begin to colonize Mars?
11. Which adjectives describe how Spendor thinks the first night should be spent?
(a) Loud and rowdy
(b) Quiet and reflective
(c) Relaxed and calm
(d) Spiritual and reflective
12. What type of coats are the mothers in the chapter wearing?
13. Who was the leader of the third expedition?
14. What happens when Williams and his crew arrive at the House and introduce themselves?
(a) Angery calls
(b) Resigned sighs
(c) Clapping and cheering
(d) Hiding and indignation
15. Why does the woman singing on the stage run away frightened?
(a) She does not know the other person on the stage
(b) She is afraid of the people looking at her
(c) She is afraid of the men who are approaching the stage
(d) She does not recognize the words she sang
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on Mars to dissipate loneliness?
2. The second waves constitute people that are from ______________.
3. Mr. and Mrs. K are ____________.
4. Where is the ship to land according to Ylla?
5. From where was the rocket launched?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)