|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Driscoll feel it is imperative to oxygenate the atmosphere of Mars?
(a) To make the scenery more like Earth
(b) The air is thin
(c) To eliminate the Martians
(d) So it can support more Earthlings
2. What is Driscoll doing when he first begins to feel the rain?
(a) Digging holes
(b) Planting trees
(c) Lying by the fire
(d) Riding his motorcycle
3. What was Driscoll given to help him plant seeds across Mars?
(a) Garden hoe
(c) Pick axe
4. How do the first settlers feel as the begin to colonize Mars?
5. Where are all of the settlers of Mars from so far?
(a) English speaking countries
(b) Poor underdeveloped countries
6. What does Mr. Xxx declare Williams?
(b) A excellent skilled Martian
(d) An earthling
7. In what year does the book open?
8. What does Pritchard want to do?
(a) Go in the rocket
(b) Watch the rocket take off
(c) Hold a violent protest against space travel
(d) Stop the rocekt from launching
9. What threatens Earth and changes the make-up of the second wave?
10. What melts the image of winter?
(a) Solar flare
(b) Solar eclipse
(c) Ship landing
(d) Rocket launch
11. Which of the following descriptions does the author use to describe the construction crews?
(a) Steel-toothed carnivores
(b) Termite infestations
(c) T-rex dinosaurs
(d) Plague carrying monsters
12. In what month and year is the colonization of Mars nearly complete?
(a) February 2002
(b) April 2002
(c) February 2003
(d) April 2003
13. What sport are the children engaging in during January of 1999?
(b) Roller skating
14. How does Gomez come to think of his discussion with Muhe?
(a) A relief
(d) A dream
15. What are the canals filled with?
(a) Red wine
(b) Green wine
(c) Orange wine
(d) Silver wine
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pritchard hauled away from the rocket?
2. Who made up the first waves of settlers to Mars?
3. How many people moved to Mars from Earth?
4. What do the carpenters begin doing on Mars?
5. What does the captain believe the Martians can teach the men?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)