|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2002: The Shore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Muhe try to explain to Gomez?
(a) How to drink the wine from the canals
(b) That the Martian race is not dead
(c) That stars are the key to the universe
(d) How to build a praying mantis machine
2. What is the true name of the planet Mars according to the Martians?
3. What dilemma do Williams and his crew face?
(a) Proving the distance between Mars and Earth
(b) Communicating through telepathy
(c) Proving themselves not to be psychotic
(d) Proving themselves to be Martians
4. How do the Martians read?
(a) By listening to songs
(b) Moving fingers over raised letters
(c) Out loud
(d) Through telepathy
5. Why does the woman singing on the stage run away frightened?
(a) She is afraid of the people looking at her
(b) She does not recognize the words she sang
(c) She does not know the other person on the stage
(d) She is afraid of the men who are approaching the stage
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes the reasons Earthlings have for settling on Mars?
2. How do the guards classify the first two attempts to head toward Mars?
3. Who was the leader of the third expedition?
4. How do the settlers of Mars come?
5. What does Pritchard want to do?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)