January 1999: Rocket Summer
1. In what state does the story open?
2. What season is it when the story opens?
3. What sport are the children engaging in during January of 1999?
(d) Roller skating
4. What melts the image of winter?
(a) Solar eclipse
(b) Ship landing
(c) Solar flare
(d) Rocket launch
5. What happens to the snow?
(a) Reaches blizzard proportions
(b) Turns to hail
(c) Turns to rain
(d) Comes down harder
6. What do the residents nickname the season?
(a) Rocket Summer
(b) Rocket Melt
(c) Rocket Season
(d) Rocket Winter
7. Which current meteorological term could be used to describe the climate changes experienced during January of 1999?
(c) Global warming
(d) Seasonal Interlude
8. What type of coats are the mothers in the chapter wearing?
9. From where was the rocket launched?
(a) House roof
(c) Space center
10. What changes after the rocket is launched?
(a) House conditions
(b) Children's games
(c) Mother's actions
This section contains 3,692 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)