January 1999: Rocket Summer
1. In what state does the story open?
2. What season is it when the story opens?
3. What sport are the children engaging in during January of 1999?
(a) Roller skating
4. What melts the image of winter?
(a) Solar flare
(b) Rocket launch
(c) Solar eclipse
(d) Ship landing
5. What happens to the snow?
(a) Turns to hail
(b) Comes down harder
(c) Turns to rain
(d) Reaches blizzard proportions
6. What do the residents nickname the season?
(a) Rocket Melt
(b) Rocket Season
(c) Rocket Winter
(d) Rocket Summer
7. Which current meteorological term could be used to describe the climate changes experienced during January of 1999?
(b) Global warming
(d) Seasonal Interlude
8. What type of coats are the mothers in the chapter wearing?
9. From where was the rocket launched?
(a) Space center
(d) House roof
10. What changes after the rocket is launched?
(b) Mother's actions
(c) Children's games
(d) House conditions
This section contains 3,692 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)