Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
January 1999: Rocket Summer Abstract
* The story opens in Ohio during a brisk winter.
* Children are sledding while their mothers watch over them in fur coats.
* Suddenly the air becomes extremely warm as a rocket launches from a nearby field.
February 1999: Ylla Abstract
* The launch melts the snow.
* It causes the snow to change to rain and...
This section contains 2,667 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)