|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
2. What is the reason the Count gives for thinking he might not take Figaro with him to London?
3. What does Fanchette promise the Count is he lets Cherubin go free?
4. Which character exits the pavilion masking her face with a fan?
5. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the climax of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO? How does the climax lead to the denouemont? How does the element of farce effect the resolution? Include 4 pieces of dialogue as evidence in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the literary element of characterization in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the major characters portrayed as opposed to the minor characters. What are their motivations? What are there struggles? Finally, how are the characters able to work symbiotically to move the storyline to its climax?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)