|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
2. Which two characters have met before?
3. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
4. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
5. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution (denouement) of the play? How does the impact of the resolution affect the characters? What is the thematic meaning of the resolution?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the classic elements of irony (dramatic, verbal, and irony of situation) are used in the play. How does irony contribute to the theme of the play? How does irony contribute to the element of farce in the play? Use 3 pieces of dialogue as evidence of your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Suzanne's flowers are the only true symbol of the entire play. Explain what the flowers represent in terms of character, theme, and conflict. Use textual references and evidence to support your findings.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)