|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
2. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
3. What does Suzanne initially enter the castle's throne looking for?
4. Where do the men hide as Figaro speaks in soliloquy about how he feels betrayed?
5. What does Figaro ask his mother to do once the news of his birthright is revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From what Point of View is THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO written? How does this particular Point of View effect the characters, plot, and theme? Is this type of Point of View effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The character of Figaro is a talented manipulator. Discuss the specific ways in which Figaro's manipulations turns the plot and allows the plot to move forward. Include 3 pieces of textual evidence in your explanation and be sure to tell how the plot moves forward because of Figaro's manipulations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Tone and Mood of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the tone and mood important to the development of the characters? How do the tone and mood contribute to the action of the character? Use textual examples from 2 scenes in your answer.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)