|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
2. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
3. Who does Figaro see when he first arrives on the castle grounds?
4. Who does Suzanne, pretending to be the Countess, flirt with incessantly and even becomes angry with enough to slap?
5. What does Suzanne agree to as planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motivations for the character of Figaro. How is Figaro inspired? What motivates Figaro into action? Use 3 pieces of textual evidence to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Suzanne's flowers are the only true symbol of the entire play. Explain what the flowers represent in terms of character, theme, and conflict. Use textual references and evidence to support your findings.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the play's theme of "love conquers desire" is shown throughout the play. Name the scenes in which the theme is most acutely shown. Include several textual examples and provide analysis.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)