|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads the letter aloud?
2. What does Suzanne give to the Count as Suzanne and Figaro are being formally presented?
3. Who does the Countess pretend to be as she waits for the Count?
4. Which two characters have met before?
5. What does the Countess want Suzanne to do before she goes into the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the classic elements of irony (dramatic, verbal, and irony of situation) are used in the play. How does irony contribute to the theme of the play? How does irony contribute to the element of farce in the play? Use 3 pieces of dialogue as evidence of your findings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Tone and Mood of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the tone and mood important to the development of the characters? How do the tone and mood contribute to the action of the character? Use textual examples from 2 scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the crisis of the play? Describe the key actions that take place. Describe the characters that are involved. Include 3 textual references to support your findings.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)