Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
2. What do the judges agree?
3. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
4. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
5. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
Explain the elements of "farce" that are intertwined in both the plot and dialogue of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. Extract 3 poignant pieces of textual evidence and explain how each piece of evidence is representative of the qualities of a farce.
Discuss the use of figurative language in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are similes, metaphors, alliteration, etc used in developing the structure of the play? Include 2 examples of each form of figurative language in your response.
Discuss the aspect of verbal comedy as portrayed by the characters in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How is verbal comedy defined, and how is it used as an effective tool? Provide 2 specific scenes in which verbal comedy is performed. Describe the effectiveness of such a comedic performance in a farce.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)