|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
2. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
3. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
4. What is the reason the Count gives for thinking he might not take Figaro with him to London?
5. Who does the Count think Figaro is flirting with outside of the pavilion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the play's theme of "love conquers desire" is shown throughout the play. Name the scenes in which the theme is most acutely shown. Include several textual examples and provide analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the roles of Suzanne and Marceline in their individual relationships with Figaro. What are similar characteristics that they share? What are their opposing characteristics? How do the specific character traits of Suzanne and Marceline affect their relationship with Figaro?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)