|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
2. Which two characters have met before?
3. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are finally alone together in the room where they are to be married?
4. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
5. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
From what Point of View is THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO written? How does this particular Point of View effect the characters, plot, and theme? Is this type of Point of View effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the literary element of characterization in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the major characters portrayed as opposed to the minor characters. What are their motivations? What are there struggles? Finally, how are the characters able to work symbiotically to move the storyline to its climax?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)