|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro show Bartholo to prove his point?
2. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
3. What does Suzanne give to the Count as Suzanne and Figaro are being formally presented?
4. Who does the letter say Figaro should marry?
5. What does Antonio think that Fanchette needs to learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and Contrast THE BARBER OF SEVILLE and THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO in terms of the elements of commedia dell'arte, farce, and satire. How ar the two plays alike? How are they different? Use specific examples, including the use of recurring characters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO is a product of its historic time economically, socially, and politically. How does the play reflect the culture in which it was written?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)