|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
2. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
3. What do the judges agree?
4. What does the Countess want Suzanne to do before she goes into the garden?
5. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the resolution (denouement) of the play? How does the impact of the resolution affect the characters? What is the thematic meaning of the resolution?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences (strengths and weaknesses) between an aside and a soliloquy in understanding a play. How are these dramatic tools effective? How are they ineffective? Use the examples in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO and one Shakespeare play of your choice as part of your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Figaro is a talented manipulator. Discuss the specific ways in which Figaro's manipulations turns the plot and allows the plot to move forward. Include 3 pieces of textual evidence in your explanation and be sure to tell how the plot moves forward because of Figaro's manipulations.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)