|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
2. What does Figaro tell the Count he need in order to get married?
3. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
4. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
5. What is the Count planning to do just as Suzanne believes the marriage should go ahead as planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the elements of "farce" that are intertwined in both the plot and dialogue of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. Extract 3 poignant pieces of textual evidence and explain how each piece of evidence is representative of the qualities of a farce.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motivations for the character of Figaro. How is Figaro inspired? What motivates Figaro into action? Use 3 pieces of textual evidence to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)