|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
2. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
3. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
4. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
5. What does Suzanne initially enter the castle's throne looking for?
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO? How does the climax lead to the denouemont? How does the element of farce effect the resolution? Include 4 pieces of dialogue as evidence in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motivations for the character of Figaro. How is Figaro inspired? What motivates Figaro into action? Use 3 pieces of textual evidence to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the classic elements of irony (dramatic, verbal, and irony of situation) are used in the play. How does irony contribute to the theme of the play? How does irony contribute to the element of farce in the play? Use 3 pieces of dialogue as evidence of your findings.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)