|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Count planning to do just as Suzanne believes the marriage should go ahead as planned?
2. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
3. Why has Figaro called Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio to the garden?
4. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
5. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the play's theme of "love conquers desire" is shown throughout the play. Name the scenes in which the theme is most acutely shown. Include several textual examples and provide analysis.
Essay Topic 2
The character of Figaro is a talented manipulator. Discuss the specific ways in which Figaro's manipulations turns the plot and allows the plot to move forward. Include 3 pieces of textual evidence in your explanation and be sure to tell how the plot moves forward because of Figaro's manipulations.
Essay Topic 3
From what Point of View is THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO written? How does this particular Point of View effect the characters, plot, and theme? Is this type of Point of View effective? Why or why not?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)