|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are finally alone together in the room where they are to be married?
2. What does the Countess do after the Count realizes the Countess was pretending to be Suzanne and also that he's been caught trying to have an affair?
3. Who does the Countess pretend to be as she waits for the Count?
4. What does Suzanne initially enter the castle's throne looking for?
5. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the play's theme of "love conquers desire" is shown throughout the play. Name the scenes in which the theme is most acutely shown. Include several textual examples and provide analysis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivations for the character of Figaro. How is Figaro inspired? What motivates Figaro into action? Use 3 pieces of textual evidence to support your claims.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)