|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
2. What do the judges agree?
3. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
4. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
5. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Count's pursuit of women with Cherubin's pursuit of women. in what ways are their actions similar? In what ways are they different? Finally, is the Count justified in his pursuit of women because of his hierarchy and sense of power?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the play's theme of "love conquers desire" is shown throughout the play. Name the scenes in which the theme is most acutely shown. Include several textual examples and provide analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the roles of Suzanne and Marceline in their individual relationships with Figaro. What are similar characteristics that they share? What are their opposing characteristics? How do the specific character traits of Suzanne and Marceline affect their relationship with Figaro?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)