|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marceline reveal?
2. What does Bartholo reveal?
3. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
4. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
5. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and Contrast THE BARBER OF SEVILLE and THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO in terms of the elements of commedia dell'arte, farce, and satire. How ar the two plays alike? How are they different? Use specific examples, including the use of recurring characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary element of characterization in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the major characters portrayed as opposed to the minor characters. What are their motivations? What are there struggles? Finally, how are the characters able to work symbiotically to move the storyline to its climax?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the Tone and Mood of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the tone and mood important to the development of the characters? How do the tone and mood contribute to the action of the character? Use textual examples from 2 scenes in your answer.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)