|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
2. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
3. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
4. What do the judges agree?
5. Which character rushes into the wedding room with the Count to uncover Cherubin's disguise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Figaro is a talented manipulator. Discuss the specific ways in which Figaro's manipulations turns the plot and allows the plot to move forward. Include 3 pieces of textual evidence in your explanation and be sure to tell how the plot moves forward because of Figaro's manipulations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of figurative language in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are similes, metaphors, alliteration, etc used in developing the structure of the play? Include 2 examples of each form of figurative language in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the roles of Suzanne and Marceline in their individual relationships with Figaro. What are similar characteristics that they share? What are their opposing characteristics? How do the specific character traits of Suzanne and Marceline affect their relationship with Figaro?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)