|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
2. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
3. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
4. What does the Count offer "Suzanne" to seal their relationship?
5. What does the Count try to do but Suzanne says that someone is coming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain how THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO is a product of its historic time economically, socially, and politically. How does the play reflect the culture in which it was written?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the motivations for the character of Figaro. How is Figaro inspired? What motivates Figaro into action? Use 3 pieces of textual evidence to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3What is the resolution (denouement) of the play? How does the impact of the resolution affect the characters? What is the thematic meaning of the resolution?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)