Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
2. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
3. What has Figaro arranged to be delivered to the Count hinting that the Countess is seeing another man?
4. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
5. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
2. What does the Count consider when contemplating taking Figaro to England with him and what is Figaro's response?
3. How does the Countess react to the Count when he states he is the victim of a joke and demands to know what the point of it all is?
4. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
5. What happens after the Countess opens the door, explaining as the Count comes in that she and Suzanne needed some privacy when trying on new clothes?
6. What does the Count muse to himself as he sits in the castle's throne room?
7. What does Figaro explain about human nature?
8. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are alone in the room they will marry in?
9. What does the conversation between Figaro, Bazile, and Cherubin reveal?
10. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of figurative language in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are similes, metaphors, alliteration, etc used in developing the structure of the play? Include 2 examples of each form of figurative language in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the elements of "farce" that are intertwined in both the plot and dialogue of THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. Extract 3 poignant pieces of textual evidence and explain how each piece of evidence is representative of the qualities of a farce.
Essay Topic 3
The character of Figaro is a talented manipulator. Discuss the specific ways in which Figaro's manipulations turns the plot and allows the plot to move forward. Include 3 pieces of textual evidence in your explanation and be sure to tell how the plot moves forward because of Figaro's manipulations.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)