|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
2. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
3. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
4. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
5. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio meet Figaro in the pavilion?
2. What do Marceline and Bartholo plot to do?
3. What does Figaro say when he is reminded of Suzanne's plans of still meeting the Count in the garden?
4. What are the implications of Cherbuin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
5. What happens after Suzanne enters the room alone with the Count?
6. What does the Count say to "Suzanne" regarding his marriage and love?
7. What does Figaro argue regarding the letter?
8. What does the Count consider when contemplating taking Figaro to England with him and what is Figaro's response?
9. What has Figaro made arrangements for and how does the Countess react?
10. What does Figaro explain about human nature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the literary element of characterization in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the major characters portrayed as opposed to the minor characters. What are their motivations? What are there struggles? Finally, how are the characters able to work symbiotically to move the storyline to its climax?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the differences (strengths and weaknesses) between an aside and a soliloquy in understanding a play. How are these dramatic tools effective? How are they ineffective? Use the examples in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO and one Shakespeare play of your choice as part of your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
What is the crisis of the play? Describe the key actions that take place. Describe the characters that are involved. Include 3 textual references to support your findings.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)