|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
2. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
3. Who does the Countess say had the primary idea for the letter?
4. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
5. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Countess react to the Count when he states he is the victim of a joke and demands to know what the point of it all is?
2. Why does Suzanne want a different bedroom?
3. Why do Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio meet Figaro in the pavilion?
4. What does Figaro reveal in his aside?
5. How does Figaro respond when the Suzanne and the Countess tell Figaro that the Count knows everything?
6. What does the Countess promise Suzanne?
7. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
8. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
9. According to Figaro, how are events supposed to unfold in the garden?
10. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Suzanne's flowers are the only true symbol of the entire play. Explain what the flowers represent in terms of character, theme, and conflict. Use textual references and evidence to support your findings.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of women in the play. What are their similarities and what are their difference? How do they assist each other in finding success in love? Include 3 specific scenes in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO is a product of its historic time economically, socially, and politically. How does the play reflect the culture in which it was written?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)