|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
2. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
3. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
4. How does Fanchette reply when the Count asks where Marceline is?
5. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Countess promise Suzanne?
2. What does the Count announce when he enters the room and what encounter does the announcement lead to?
3. What happens as Antonio pulls out a piece of paper that he says fell from the jumper's pocket?
4. What do Marceline and Bartholo plot to do?
5. What do Brid-Oisin and Figaro discuss together?
6. What does Figaro plan to do now that he believes he understands the Counts primary motive with the bedroom?
7. What do Figaro and the servants want to express public thanks for to the Count?
8. What happens as Figaro and Suzanne are formally presented?
9. How does Marceline explain her previous affections for Figaro?
10. What does the Countess say to Suzanne regarding the meeting in the garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of figurative language in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are similes, metaphors, alliteration, etc used in developing the structure of the play? Include 2 examples of each form of figurative language in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary element of characterization in THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO. How are the major characters portrayed as opposed to the minor characters. What are their motivations? What are there struggles? Finally, how are the characters able to work symbiotically to move the storyline to its climax?
Essay Topic 3
What is the resolution (denouement) of the play? How does the impact of the resolution affect the characters? What is the thematic meaning of the resolution?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)