|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
2. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
3. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
4. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
5. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a group of peasant girls present Suzanne with flowers in honor of her wedding?
2. What does Figaro say when he is reminded of Suzanne's plans of still meeting the Count in the garden?
3. What does Figaro tell the Count after the Count insists he pay his debt that day?
4. What do Figaro and the servants want to express public thanks for to the Count?
5. What happens after Cherubin has admitted to the Count that his actions have been unwise but that he can be discreet?
6. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
7. How do Marceline and Bartholo react to Figaro's proof of his being a gentleman?
8. What does Figaro plan to do now that he believes he understands the Counts primary motive with the bedroom?
9. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
10. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Count's pursuit of women with Cherubin's pursuit of women. in what ways are their actions similar? In what ways are they different? Finally, is the Count justified in his pursuit of women because of his hierarchy and sense of power?
Essay Topic 2
What is the resolution (denouement) of the play? How does the impact of the resolution affect the characters? What is the thematic meaning of the resolution?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how THE MARRIAGE OF FIGARO is a product of its historic time economically, socially, and politically. How does the play reflect the culture in which it was written?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)