|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Count think Figaro is flirting with outside of the pavilion?
(c) the Countess.
2. What theater tactic do both Figaro and the Count use to show their true intentions?
(a) a soliloquy.
(b) a mask.
(c) an aside.
(d) body language.
3. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in evening gowns.
(b) in peasant clothes.
(c) in each other's clothes.
(d) in costume.
4. What is the Countess's reason for leaving the ceremony?
(a) she is ill.
(b) she is tired.
(c) she is hungry.
(d) she must change clothing.
5. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left alone in the courtroom?
2. What does the Count announce just as Figaro is rejoicing in the judges decision?
3. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
4. What does Suzanne do when at first she is alone with the Count in the castle's throne room?
5. What are the Count and Figaro essentially out to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)