|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Bazile play?
(a) the piano.
(b) the guitar.
(c) the harp.
(d) the violin.
2. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
(a) he locks the other door in the room.
(b) he takes the dress.
(c) he apologizes to Suzanne.
(d) he leaves the key on the bedpost.
3. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of flowers.
(b) the wreath of ribbons.
(c) the wreath of twigs.
(d) the wreath of lace.
4. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will give her more freedom.
(b) it will settle the Count's temper.
(c) it will ensure safety.
(d) it will make her marriage take place.
5. How long does Suzanne reveal that Cherubin has been in the room?
(a) for a few hours.
(b) the entire time.
(c) for a few minutes.
(d) he slept there overnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
2. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
3. What does the Count feel Suzanne has made out of their love for each other?
4. What sound summons Suzanne to the Countess?
5. What is the Countess's explanation to the Count as he enters the bedchamber?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Countess opens the door, explaining as the Count comes in that she and Suzanne needed some privacy when trying on new clothes?
2. How does Suzanne explain to the Countess how Cherubin got away?
3. What happens as Antonio pulls out a piece of paper that he says fell from the jumper's pocket?
4. How do Figaro and the Countess respond to the Count's decision regarding Cherubin?
5. What is the key farcical action that inflames the Count and encourages him to retrieve his tools?
6. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
7. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
8. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
9. What is Cherubin's role in the garden plan?
10. What does Antonio, the gardener, witness?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)