|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
(a) a prestigious regiment in the navy.
(b) a prestigious regiment in the court.
(c) a presitgious regiment in England.
(d) a prestigious regiment in the army.
2. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
(a) there will be a higher rank.
(b) there will be more dowry money.
(c) there will be a bigger room.
(d) there will be misfortune.
3. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
(a) the Count and Marceline.
(b) Marceline and the Countess.
(c) Suzanne and the Countess.
(d) the Countess and Figaro.
4. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
(c) the Count.
5. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the dressing room door.
(b) the bathroom door.
(c) the window.
(d) the bedroom door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
2. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
3. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
4. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
5. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Figaro explain about human nature?
2. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
3. How does the Countess explain the letter to the Count?
4. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
5. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
6. What happens after Cherubin has admitted to the Count that his actions have been unwise but that he can be discreet?
7. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
8. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
9. What does the Countess promise Suzanne?
10. What does the Count consider when contemplating taking Figaro to England with him and what is Figaro's response?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)