|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
(a) How he lost his money.
(b) How he lost Marceline.
(c) How he lost Rosine.
(d) How he lost his friendship.
2. Who is Cherubin in love with?
(a) the Countess.
(d) Suzanne .
3. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
(a) a child.
(b) a document.
(c) a promise.
(d) a ring.
4. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the dressing room door.
(b) the window.
(c) the bathroom door.
(d) the bedroom door.
5. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
(a) a prestigious regiment in the court.
(b) a prestigious regiment in the navy.
(c) a prestigious regiment in the army.
(d) a presitgious regiment in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
2. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
3. In addition to Figaro, which character is also in on the plot to have Cherubin stay?
4. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
5. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Figaro argue regarding the letter?
2. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
3. How does Marceline explain her previous affections for Figaro?
4. What does Suzanne tell Figaro as he comes into the courtroom?
5. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
6. How do Marceline and Bartholo react to Figaro's proof of his being a gentleman?
7. What happens after the Countess opens the door, explaining as the Count comes in that she and Suzanne needed some privacy when trying on new clothes?
8. Why does Suzanne want a different bedroom?
9. What does Antonio mean when he says that no one can be allowed to marry into his family if they have unmarried parents?
10. What has Figaro made arrangements for and how does the Countess react?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)