|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the dressing room door.
(b) the window.
(c) the bedroom door.
(d) the bathroom door.
2. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
3. What is the Countess pining away about?
(a) the Count is a lousy lover.
(b) the Count is unfaithful.
(c) the Count is neglecting her.
(d) the Count is rude to her.
4. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(b) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
(c) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(d) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
5. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will settle the Count's temper.
(b) it will give her more freedom.
(c) it will ensure safety.
(d) it will make her marriage take place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
2. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
3. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
4. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
5. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Countess say to the Count at the end of the play after he's been humiliated?
2. What happens as Antonio pulls out a piece of paper that he says fell from the jumper's pocket?
3. What is Cherubin's role in the garden plan?
4. What has Figaro made arrangements for and how does the Countess react?
5. What does Figaro tell the Count after the Count insists he pay his debt that day?
6. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
7. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
8. What does the Countess promise Suzanne?
9. How does Suzanne react when she realizes that the paper that fell from the jumper's pocket is Cherubin's commission?
10. How does the Count react to Bazile's request to have the hand of Marceline?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)