|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
2. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
(a) the floor.
(b) the bathtub.
(c) the cabinets.
(d) the closet space.
3. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
4. What is Antonio carrying when he enters the room?
(a) a broken chair.
(b) a broken vase.
(c) a broken necklace.
(d) a broken flowerpot.
5. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
(c) the maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound summons Suzanne to the Countess?
2. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
3. How does Suzanne insult Marceline after she brings in one of the Countess' dresses?
4. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count after the Count insists he pay his debt that day?
2. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
3. How does the Countess react to the Count when he states he is the victim of a joke and demands to know what the point of it all is?
4. What does the Count consider when contemplating taking Figaro to England with him and what is Figaro's response?
5. What does the conversation between Marceline and Bartholo reveal?
6. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
7. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
8. How does the Count react to Bazile's request to have the hand of Marceline?
9. What do Figaro and the servants want to express public thanks for to the Count?
10. What does the Count say to "Suzanne" regarding his marriage and love?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)