|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Bazile play?
(a) the guitar.
(b) the violin.
(c) the harp.
(d) the piano.
2. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
(a) he acts shocked at the letters existence.
(b) he tries to talk his way out of it.
(c) he admits to the letter.
(d) he acts indifferent.
3. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
(a) to avoid the Count's temper.
(b) to avoid the wedding.
(c) to avoid Suzanne.
(d) to avoid a fight.
4. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(a) find the key.
(b) stop the Count and the Countess.
(c) tell Figaro what happened.
5. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) under the chair.
(b) under the bed.
(c) in the dressing room.
(d) behind the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Figaro arranged to be delivered to the Count hinting that the Countess is seeing another man?
2. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
3. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
4. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
5. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Suzanne enters the room alone with the Count?
2. According to Figaro, how are events supposed to unfold in the garden?
3. How does the Countess respond to what has happened with the Count and Cherubin?
4. What is the key farcical action that inflames the Count and encourages him to retrieve his tools?
5. What does Figaro explain about human nature?
6. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
7. What does Figaro plan to do now that he believes he understands the Counts primary motive with the bedroom?
8. How do Figaro and the Countess respond to the Count's decision regarding Cherubin?
9. What happens as Antonio pulls out a piece of paper that he says fell from the jumper's pocket?
10. What are the implications for Suzanne now that the presence of Cherubin has been revealed?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)