|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Suzanne?
(a) the Countess' maid.
(b) Figaro's bride-to-be.
(c) both a and b.
(d) Bartholo's cousin.
2. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
(a) the Countess and Figaro.
(b) Marceline and the Countess.
(c) Suzanne and the Countess.
(d) the Count and Marceline.
3. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
4. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
(a) he takes the dress.
(b) he apologizes to Suzanne.
(c) he leaves the key on the bedpost.
(d) he locks the other door in the room.
5. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) his music.
(b) a new career.
(c) his country.
(d) making money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
2. After the Count jumps angrily out from behind the chair, who does he order to drive Cherubin from the court?
3. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
4. Where does the Count invite Suzanne to meet him to discuss his and Figaro's upcoming trip to London?
5. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherubin confess to Suzanne?
2. What does the conversation between Figaro, Bazile, and Cherubin reveal?
3. What does Figaro reveal in his aside?
4. What does Figaro argue regarding the letter?
5. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
6. What does the Countess say to Suzanne regarding the meeting in the garden?
7. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are alone in the room they will marry in?
8. What does Figaro discuss during his soliloquy?
9. What does Suzanne tell Figaro as he comes into the courtroom?
10. What are the implications of Cherbuin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)