|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antonio?
(a) the handyman.
(b) the cook.
(c) the butler.
(d) the gardener.
2. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
(a) the Countess.
3. What explanation does Figaro give as the reason why a man wants to possess another man's wife?
(a) social status.
(b) human nature.
4. How does Suzanne insult Marceline after she brings in one of the Countess' dresses?
(a) Suzanne tells Marceline she is an old maid.
(b) Suzanne tells Marceline she is not smart.
(c) Suzanne tells Marceline she is not beautiful.
(d) Suzanne tells Marceline she has gained weight.
5. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
(b) Suzanne will marry the Count.
(c) Suzanne will marry no man.
(d) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
2. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
3. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
4. What does the Count feel Suzanne has made out of their love for each other?
5. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Suzanne actions at the opening of Act 1 as Figaro is measuring the floor to determine the best place for the bed?
2. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
3. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
4. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
5. What does the Count muse to himself as he sits in the castle's throne room?
6. What happens as Antonio pulls out a piece of paper that he says fell from the jumper's pocket?
7. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
8. How does Figaro respond when the Suzanne and the Countess tell Figaro that the Count knows everything?
9. How does Marceline explain her previous affections for Figaro?
10. How does Figaro react to Suzanne explaining the reason why she wants a different bedroom?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)