|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
(a) to avoid the wedding.
(b) to avoid a fight.
(c) to avoid Suzanne.
(d) to avoid the Count's temper.
2. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
(a) go to the garden.
(b) write another letter.
(c) leave for London.
(d) stay in the bedchamber.
3. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of twigs.
(b) the wreath of flowers.
(c) the wreath of ribbons.
(d) the wreath of lace.
4. Who is Suzanne?
(a) the Countess' maid.
(b) Bartholo's cousin.
(c) Figaro's bride-to-be.
(d) both a and b.
5. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
(a) a presitgious regiment in England.
(b) a prestigious regiment in the army.
(c) a prestigious regiment in the navy.
(d) a prestigious regiment in the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
2. What is the setting of Act 2, Part 1?
3. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
4. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
5. Who does the Countess say had the primary idea for the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the Countess opens the door, explaining as the Count comes in that she and Suzanne needed some privacy when trying on new clothes?
2. What has Figaro made arrangements for and how does the Countess react?
3. What does Suzanne tell Figaro as he comes into the courtroom?
4. What does Figaro tell the Count after the Count insists he pay his debt that day?
5. How does the Countess explain the letter to the Count?
6. What is stated in the letter that is read by Bartholo?
7. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
8. What is Cherubin's role in the garden plan?
9. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
10. What does the Count consider when contemplating taking Figaro to England with him and what is Figaro's response?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)