|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
(b) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
(c) it is not close to the kitchen.
(d) it is too chilly.
2. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) the Count and the Countess.
(b) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(c) Marceline and Bartholo.
(d) Cherubin and the Count.
3. Who is the gardener?
(a) Suzanne's cousin.
(b) Suzanne's brother.
(c) Suzanne's uncle.
(d) Suzanne's father.
4. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
(a) the name of the regiment.
(b) the Count's specific orders.
(c) the Count's official seal.
(d) the Count's offical address.
5. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) a new career.
(b) making money.
(c) his country.
(d) his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
2. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
3. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
4. According to Figaro, what will the Count be too busy trying to find as to even consider taking in a lover?
5. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
2. What is Figaro's excuse for why it has taken him so long to reach the Count in the courtroom?
3. How does the Countess respond to what has happened with the Count and Cherubin?
4. How do Marceline and Bartholo react to Figaro's proof of his being a gentleman?
5. How does Suzanne react when she realizes that the paper that fell from the jumper's pocket is Cherubin's commission?
6. What does the Count muse to himself as he sits in the castle's throne room?
7. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
8. What is the significance of Suzanne actions at the opening of Act 1 as Figaro is measuring the floor to determine the best place for the bed?
9. What does the conversation between Figaro, Bazile, and Cherubin reveal?
10. What are the implications for Suzanne now that the presence of Cherubin has been revealed?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)