|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(d) Dr. Bartholo.
2. What sound summons Suzanne to the Countess?
(a) the sound of a voice.
(b) the sound of wind chimes.
(c) the sound of a horn.
(d) the sound of a bell.
3. Who is Antonio related to?
(c) the Countess.
4. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(a) find the key.
(b) stop the Count and the Countess.
(c) tell Figaro what happened.
5. While Cherubin is in the chair and the Count is behind the chair, where is Figaro?
(a) looking for the Count.
(b) in the foyer.
(c) looking for Suzanne.
(d) in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
2. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
3. Who does the Countess say had the primary idea for the letter?
4. Who is the gardener?
5. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Countess say to Suzanne regarding the meeting in the garden?
2. What does the conversation between Marceline and Bartholo reveal?
3. What happens after Suzanne enters the room alone with the Count?
4. How does Marceline explain her previous affections for Figaro?
5. What does the Countess say to the Count at the end of the play after he's been humiliated?
6. What is stated in the letter that is read by Bartholo?
7. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
8. What does Figaro reveal in his aside?
9. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
10. What does Cherubin confess to Suzanne?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)