|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
(a) find Cherubin.
(b) take leave.
(d) arrest Figaro.
2. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(b) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
(c) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(d) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
3. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
(a) stay in the bedchamber.
(b) go to the garden.
(c) write another letter.
(d) leave for London.
4. After the Count jumps angrily out from behind the chair, who does he order to drive Cherubin from the court?
5. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be helpful.
(b) he can be difficult.
(c) he can be trusted.
(d) he can be discreet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antonio carrying when he enters the room?
2. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
3. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
4. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
5. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conversation between Marceline and Bartholo reveal?
2. What is the significance of Suzanne actions at the opening of Act 1 as Figaro is measuring the floor to determine the best place for the bed?
3. What does the Countess say to the Count at the end of the play after he's been humiliated?
4. What is stated in the letter that is read by Bartholo?
5. What is Cherubin's role in the garden plan?
6. How does Suzanne react when she realizes that the paper that fell from the jumper's pocket is Cherubin's commission?
7. What do Marceline and Bartholo plot to do?
8. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
9. What happens as Figaro and Suzanne are formally presented?
10. What does the Count announce when he enters the room and what encounter does the announcement lead to?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)