|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Antonio?
(a) the gardener.
(b) the handyman.
(c) the butler.
(d) the cook.
2. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(a) the court.
(d) The Count.
3. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
(a) when Figaro completes his duties.
(b) when Figaro professes his love for Suzanne.
(c) when Figaro travels to London with the Count.
(d) when Figaro plans and schemes.
4. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
5. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is outraged.
(b) she considers it a compliment.
(c) she is saddened.
(d) she is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
2. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
3. What is the Countess pining away about?
4. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
5. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Countess say to the Count at the end of the play after he's been humiliated?
2. What do Brid-Oisin and Figaro discuss together?
3. How does the Count react to Bazile's request to have the hand of Marceline?
4. What do Figaro and the servants want to express public thanks for to the Count?
5. What does the Count muse to himself as he sits in the castle's throne room?
6. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
7. What does the Countess and Suzanne scheme to do to the Count?
8. What happens when the Count approaches who he thinks is "Suzanne"?
9. How does Suzanne react when she realizes that the paper that fell from the jumper's pocket is Cherubin's commission?
10. What does the Count reveal in his aside?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)