|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count feel Suzanne has made out of their love for each other?
(a) she has made a terrible mistake.
(b) she has made a tragic decision.
(c) she has made a wise choice.
(d) she has made a mockery.
2. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
(a) a noise.
(b) a tap.
(c) a scream.
(d) a crash.
3. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
(a) to avoid the wedding.
(b) to avoid the Count's temper.
(c) to avoid Suzanne.
(d) to avoid a fight.
4. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
(b) Suzanne will marry no man.
(c) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
(d) Suzanne will marry the Count.
5. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a ring.
(b) a hug.
(c) a kiss.
(d) a rabbit's foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
2. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
3. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
4. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
5. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Count say to "Suzanne" regarding his marriage and love?
2. What is the key farcical action that inflames the Count and encourages him to retrieve his tools?
3. What does Figaro reveal that proves he is a gentleman?
4. Why does Suzanne want a different bedroom?
5. What happens to Cherubin after the Count angrily jumps out from behind the chair?
6. What does Figaro reveal in his aside?
7. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
8. What does Suzanne tell Figaro as he comes into the courtroom?
9. What does Antonio mean when he says that no one can be allowed to marry into his family if they have unmarried parents?
10. What is Bazile's true purpose for coming into the room at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)