|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) in the dressing room.
(b) behind the door.
(c) under the bed.
(d) under the chair.
2. Who is Antonio related to?
(d) the Countess.
3. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) the Count and the Countess.
(b) Cherubin and the Count.
(c) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(d) Marceline and Bartholo.
4. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(b) she is overjoyed.
(c) she wants another room.
(d) she begins to decorate the room.
5. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(a) Dr. Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
2. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
3. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
4. After the Count jumps angrily out from behind the chair, who does he order to drive Cherubin from the court?
5. In addition to Figaro, which character is also in on the plot to have Cherubin stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Countess react to the Count when he states he is the victim of a joke and demands to know what the point of it all is?
2. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are alone in the room they will marry in?
3. What does the Count muse to himself as he sits in the castle's throne room?
4. What happens after Suzanne enters the room alone with the Count?
5. What does the conversation between Marceline and Bartholo reveal?
6. What do Figaro and the servants want to express public thanks for to the Count?
7. According to Figaro, how are events supposed to unfold in the garden?
8. What does Figaro say when the Count and Antonio confront him regarding Cherubin and the window?
9. What happens as Figaro and Suzanne are formally presented?
10. Why do Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio meet Figaro in the pavilion?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)