|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the wedding ceremony?
(b) the Count.
(d) a priest.
2. What do the judges agree?
(a) the case lacks evidence.
(b) the case is thrown out of court.
(c) the debt must be paid.
(d) the debt is dismissed.
3. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
(a) wedding music.
(b) the bustle of the crowd gathering.
(d) the Countess' voice.
4. What does Figaro show Bartholo to prove his point?
(a) his birth certificate.
(b) his birthmark.
(c) his diplomas.
(d) his documents.
5. What does Antonio think that Fanchette needs to learn?
6. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
(c) the Countess.
7. Where did Suzanne get the money to pay for Figaro's debt?
(a) from Dr. Bartholo.
(b) from the Countess.
(c) from a bank loan.
(d) from Antonio.
8. What theater tactic do both Figaro and the Count use to show their true intentions?
(a) a mask.
(b) an aside.
(c) a soliloquy.
(d) body language.
9. What does Suzanne give to the Count as Suzanne and Figaro are being formally presented?
(a) the letter.
(b) a wink.
(c) a smile.
(d) a kiss.
10. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
(a) Figaro says they jumped after each other.
(b) Figaro says they both fell.
(c) Figaro says Cherubin pushed him.
(d) Figaro says they both jumped.
11. What does the Countess say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) it is postponed.
(b) it is called off.
(c) it is still on.
(d) the Count will not show.
12. Who presents Suzanne with flowers in honor of her wedding?
(a) the Countess and Fanchette.
(b) a group of peasant girls.
(c) a group of maidens.
13. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
(c) the Countess.
14. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(b) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
(c) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
(d) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
15. Who is disguised as a girl?
(a) the Count.
(b) Dr. Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzanne initially enter the castle's throne looking for?
2. What do the asides expose in the characters?
3. Which character arrives alongside the Countess and Suzanne?
4. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
5. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)