|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro show Bartholo to prove his point?
(a) his birthmark.
(b) his birth certificate.
(c) his diplomas.
(d) his documents.
2. What is the Countess's reason for leaving the ceremony?
(a) she is tired.
(b) she must change clothing.
(c) she is ill.
(d) she is hungry.
3. What is the name of the judge?
4. Which character steps forward and asks the Count to be merciful as the Countess tries to explain to the Count the reason Cherubin has not left?
5. Which two characters have met before?
(a) Suzanne and Brid-Oisin.
(b) Brid-Oisin and the Count.
(c) the Countess and Brid-Oisin.
(d) Figaro and Brid-Oisin.
6. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
(a) fall in love.
7. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the servant's quarters.
(b) the castle's throne room.
(c) the garden.
(d) the Countess's bedchamber.
8. What does Suzanne give to the Count as Suzanne and Figaro are being formally presented?
(a) a smile.
(b) a wink.
(c) a kiss.
(d) the letter.
9. What do the judges agree?
(a) the debt is dismissed.
(b) the case lacks evidence.
(c) the case is thrown out of court.
(d) the debt must be paid.
10. Where do the men hide as Figaro speaks in soliloquy about how he feels betrayed?
(a) among the trees.
(b) among the flowers.
(c) in the castle.
(d) in the pavilion.
11. What does Antonio think that Fanchette needs to learn?
12. Who tells the "good news" about Figaro and the judges decision to Suzanne?
(a) the Count.
13. Which two pivotal characters will be part of the general public that is let into the courtroom?
(a) Fanchette and Bartholo.
(b) Antonio and Fanchette.
(c) Fanchette and Marceline.
(d) Antonio and the Countess.
14. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
(a) the public.
(c) the Countess.
15. Who does Suzanne, pretending to be the Countess, flirt with incessantly and even becomes angry with enough to slap?
(d) the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
2. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
3. What does Suzanne believe the Count will do during court?
4. Who performs the wedding ceremony?
5. Who does Figaro admit to flirting with after the Count confronts him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)