|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne agree to as planned?
(a) befriend the Countess.
(b) marry Figaro.
(c) meet the Count in the garden.
(d) work alongside Antonio.
2. Which character steps forward and asks the Count to be merciful as the Countess tries to explain to the Count the reason Cherubin has not left?
3. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he was looking for Cherubin.
(b) he changed his dirty clothes.
(c) he was talking with Suzanne.
(d) he was eating.
4. Where do the men hide as Figaro speaks in soliloquy about how he feels betrayed?
(a) among the flowers.
(b) in the pavilion.
(c) in the castle.
(d) among the trees.
5. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
(d) fall in love.
6. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
7. What did Marceline misinterpret the calling for love for Figaro as?
8. Which two characters have met before?
(a) Suzanne and Brid-Oisin.
(b) Brid-Oisin and the Count.
(c) the Countess and Brid-Oisin.
(d) Figaro and Brid-Oisin.
9. Who is an aside spoken directly to when performed onstage?
(a) the set.
(b) the actor himself.
(c) the audience.
(d) the opposing character.
10. What does Fanchette promise the Count is he lets Cherubin go free?
(a) she'll take Cherubin's place.
(b) she'll give him a reward.
(c) she'll marry him.
(d) she'll throw a celebration.
11. What are the Count and Figaro essentially out to do?
(a) fool each other and gain control.
(b) upstage each other and relinquish control.
(c) fool each other and relinquish control.
(d) upstage each other and gain control.
12. What does Figaro show Bartholo to prove his point?
(a) his diplomas.
(b) his birthmark.
(c) his birth certificate.
(d) his documents.
13. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
(a) Figaro says they both fell.
(b) Figaro says Cherubin pushed him.
(c) Figaro says they jumped after each other.
(d) Figaro says they both jumped.
14. Which character has sent for the judge?
(c) the Countess.
(d) the Count.
15. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
(a) and only.
(b) and, not or.
(c) or, not and.
(d) not and or.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count try to do but Suzanne says that someone is coming?
2. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
3. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
4. What does Figaro tell the Count he need in order to get married?
5. What do Suzanne, Figaro, and all the others do in the presence of the Count pleading for the Count's mercy?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)