|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
(a) Figaro says they both fell.
(b) Figaro says they jumped after each other.
(c) Figaro says Cherubin pushed him.
(d) Figaro says they both jumped.
2. Which character exits the pavilion masking her face with a fan?
(c) the Countess.
3. Which character steps forward and asks the Count to be merciful as the Countess tries to explain to the Count the reason Cherubin has not left?
4. What is the Count planning to do just as Suzanne believes the marriage should go ahead as planned?
(a) double cross Marceline and Bazile.
(b) feign interest in the wedding.
(c) go along with the wedding.
(d) double cross Suzanne and Figaro.
5. What does Bartholo reveal?
(a) he is Figaro's father.
(b) he is Figaro's grandfather.
(c) he is Figaro's cousin.
(d) he is Figaro's brother.
6. Why has Figaro called Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio to the garden?
(a) to help Figaro prove the Count's infidelity.
(b) to witness Suzanne's infidelity.
(c) for support.
(d) to witness the Count's humiliation.
7. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
(a) his advantage of wisdom and age.
(b) his advantage of strength and maturity.
(c) his advantage of looks and charm.
(d) his advantage of money, wealth, and position.
8. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the Countess's bedchamber.
(b) the servant's quarters.
(c) the garden.
(d) the castle's throne room.
9. Who reads the letter aloud?
(b) the Count.
(d) the judge.
10. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(b) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
(c) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(d) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
11. Who is left alone in the courtroom?
(b) the Count.
12. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
(a) her heart.
(c) the case.
(d) social promotion.
13. What is topic of debate that the Count and Figaro DO NOT engage in?
(a) politics in London.
(b) businessmen versus servants.
(c) helping the Countess.
(d) becoming a good diplomat.
14. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
(a) fall in love.
15. What is the reason the Count gives for thinking he might not take Figaro with him to London?
(a) The Count does not trust Figaro.
(b) The Countess has asked Figaro stay.
(c) Figaro is not gentlemen enough.
(d) Figaro cannot speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Count think Figaro is flirting with outside of the pavilion?
2. What does Suzanne believe the Count will do during court?
3. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
4. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
5. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)