|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(b) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(c) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
(d) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
2. Which character states that he/she will take responsibility for what takes place in the garden?
(c) the Count.
(d) the Countess.
3. What does Figaro ask his mother to do once the news of his birthright is revealed?
(a) to take him in.
(b) to kiss him.
(c) to forgive him.
(d) to love him.
4. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
(a) the public.
(d) the Countess.
5. Where did Suzanne get the money to pay for Figaro's debt?
(a) from Dr. Bartholo.
(b) from a bank loan.
(c) from Antonio.
(d) from the Countess.
6. Who presents Suzanne with flowers in honor of her wedding?
(b) a group of peasant girls.
(c) the Countess and Fanchette.
(d) a group of maidens.
7. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
8. How does Figaro respond when the Count and Countess confront him about knowing Cherubin jumped out the window?
(a) Figaro says they both fell.
(b) Figaro says they jumped after each other.
(c) Figaro says Cherubin pushed him.
(d) Figaro says they both jumped.
9. Where do the men hide as Figaro speaks in soliloquy about how he feels betrayed?
(a) in the castle.
(b) among the trees.
(c) in the pavilion.
(d) among the flowers.
10. What does the Countess do after the Count realizes the Countess was pretending to be Suzanne and also that he's been caught trying to have an affair?
(a) she divorces him.
(b) she slaps him.
(c) she humiliates him.
(d) she forgives him.
11. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
(b) her heart.
(c) the case.
(d) social promotion.
12. What did Marceline misinterpret the calling for love for Figaro as?
13. What do the judges agree?
(a) the debt is dismissed.
(b) the case is thrown out of court.
(c) the debt must be paid.
(d) the case lacks evidence.
14. What are the Count and Figaro essentially out to do?
(a) fool each other and gain control.
(b) upstage each other and relinquish control.
(c) upstage each other and gain control.
(d) fool each other and relinquish control.
15. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
(a) the Countess' voice.
(b) wedding music.
(d) the bustle of the crowd gathering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs the wedding ceremony?
2. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
3. Who reads the letter aloud?
4. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
5. Who tells the "good news" about Figaro and the judges decision to Suzanne?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)