|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he changed his dirty clothes.
(b) he was eating.
(c) he was looking for Cherubin.
(d) he was talking with Suzanne.
2. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of agreement.
(b) a letter of leniency.
(c) a letter of mercy.
(d) a letter of annulment.
3. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
(a) the meeting in the garden is still on.
(b) the meeting in the garden has taken place.
(c) the meeting in the garden is off.
(d) the meeting in the garden is postponed.
4. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in peasant clothes.
(b) in costume.
(c) in each other's clothes.
(d) in evening gowns.
5. Who does Figaro admit to flirting with after the Count confronts him?
(a) the woman who owns his affections.
(b) the Countess.
(c) the woman he's loved all his life.
(d) the woman of his dreams.
6. What is the name of the judge?
7. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(b) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
(c) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
(d) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
8. What is the reason the Count gives for thinking he might not take Figaro with him to London?
(a) The Countess has asked Figaro stay.
(b) Figaro cannot speak English.
(c) The Count does not trust Figaro.
(d) Figaro is not gentlemen enough.
9. Who does the Count think Figaro is flirting with outside of the pavilion?
(b) the Countess.
10. Who does the letter say Figaro should marry?
(a) the Countess.
11. What does Suzanne initially enter the castle's throne looking for?
(a) her lost scarf.
(b) smelling salts.
(d) an apple.
12. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
(a) his advantage of wisdom and age.
(b) his advantage of money, wealth, and position.
(c) his advantage of strength and maturity.
(d) his advantage of looks and charm.
13. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the garden.
(b) the Countess's bedchamber.
(c) the castle's throne room.
(d) the servant's quarters.
14. What does Suzanne give to the Count as Suzanne and Figaro are being formally presented?
(a) the letter.
(b) a kiss.
(c) a smile.
(d) a wink.
15. What did Marceline misinterpret the calling for love for Figaro as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters have met before?
2. What is topic of debate that the Count and Figaro DO NOT engage in?
3. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
4. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
5. What is the only phrase that Figaro thinks he needs to know in English?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)