|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Figaro does not follow court orders, what will result?
(a) He will marry Suzanne.
(b) He will marry the Countess.
(c) He will marry Marceline.
(d) He will never marry.
2. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the castle's throne room.
(b) the garden.
(c) the Countess's bedchamber.
(d) the servant's quarters.
3. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
(a) the meeting in the garden is postponed.
(b) the meeting in the garden is still on.
(c) the meeting in the garden has taken place.
(d) the meeting in the garden is off.
4. Which character steps forward and asks the Count to be merciful as the Countess tries to explain to the Count the reason Cherubin has not left?
5. Which two characters have met before?
(a) the Countess and Brid-Oisin.
(b) Brid-Oisin and the Count.
(c) Suzanne and Brid-Oisin.
(d) Figaro and Brid-Oisin.
6. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
(b) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(c) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(d) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
7. Who does Suzanne, pretending to be the Countess, flirt with incessantly and even becomes angry with enough to slap?
(a) the Count.
8. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
(a) social promotion.
(c) the case.
(d) her heart.
9. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
(b) the Countess.
10. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
11. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
12. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) it is postponed.
(b) the Count will not show.
(c) it is still on.
(d) it is called off.
13. What does Marceline reveal?
(a) she is Figaro's sister.
(b) she is Figaro's grandmother.
(c) she is Figaro's mother.
(d) she is Figaro's cousin.
14. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he was looking for Cherubin.
(b) he was eating.
(c) he was talking with Suzanne.
(d) he changed his dirty clothes.
15. What is the Countess's reason for leaving the ceremony?
(a) she is ill.
(b) she is hungry.
(c) she is tired.
(d) she must change clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzanne do when at first she is alone with the Count in the castle's throne room?
2. Which character states that he/she will take responsibility for what takes place in the garden?
3. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
4. What does Fanchette promise the Count is he lets Cherubin go free?
5. Who is the defendant?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)