|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(b) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(c) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
(d) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
2. Why has Figaro called Bartholo, Brid-Oisin, Bazile, and Antonio to the garden?
(a) for support.
(b) to help Figaro prove the Count's infidelity.
(c) to witness Suzanne's infidelity.
(d) to witness the Count's humiliation.
3. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
(a) his advantage of looks and charm.
(b) his advantage of money, wealth, and position.
(c) his advantage of strength and maturity.
(d) his advantage of wisdom and age.
4. What is topic of debate that the Count and Figaro DO NOT engage in?
(a) businessmen versus servants.
(b) helping the Countess.
(c) becoming a good diplomat.
(d) politics in London.
5. Who performs the wedding ceremony?
(b) the Count.
(d) a priest.
6. What is the only phrase that Figaro thinks he needs to know in English?
(a) water closet.
(b) scones and tea.
(c) royal crown.
7. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
(b) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(c) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
(d) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
8. What does Antonio want Marceline and Bartholo to do?
(c) fall in love.
9. What does Bartholo concede the language will be in the letter?
10. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he was talking with Suzanne.
(b) he changed his dirty clothes.
(c) he was looking for Cherubin.
(d) he was eating.
11. Who is the plaintiff?
(c) the Countess.
12. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
(b) the case.
(c) her heart.
(d) social promotion.
13. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of leniency.
(b) a letter of annulment.
(c) a letter of agreement.
(d) a letter of mercy.
14. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in each other's clothes.
(b) in peasant clothes.
(c) in costume.
(d) in evening gowns.
15. Who is Marceline suing?
(c) the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men hide as Figaro speaks in soliloquy about how he feels betrayed?
2. Which character states that he/she will take responsibility for what takes place in the garden?
3. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
4. Who presents Suzanne with flowers in honor of her wedding?
5. What does the Countess say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)