|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
(b) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
(c) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(d) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
2. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
(a) a house.
(b) a dowry.
(c) a wedding.
3. Who performs the wedding ceremony?
(c) a priest.
(d) the Count.
4. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the servant's quarters.
(b) the garden.
(c) the castle's throne room.
(d) the Countess's bedchamber.
5. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in each other's clothes.
(b) in evening gowns.
(c) in peasant clothes.
(d) in costume.
6. If Figaro does not follow court orders, what will result?
(a) He will marry Marceline.
(b) He will marry the Countess.
(c) He will never marry.
(d) He will marry Suzanne.
7. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(b) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(c) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
(d) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
8. What does Bartholo scoff at the idea of Figaro being?
(a) the marrying type.
(d) a gentleman.
9. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
10. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
(d) the Countess.
11. Who does Cherubin realize he kisses instead of "Suzanne"?
(b) the Countess.
(d) the Count.
12. What is the name of the judge?
13. Which character exits the pavilion masking her face with a fan?
(a) the Countess.
14. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
(a) with joy.
(b) with fear.
(c) with terror.
(d) with shock.
15. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) the Count will not show.
(b) it is still on.
(c) it is called off.
(d) it is postponed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Suzanne, Figaro, and all the others do in the presence of the Count pleading for the Count's mercy?
2. What does the Countess do after the Count realizes the Countess was pretending to be Suzanne and also that he's been caught trying to have an affair?
3. Who does the letter say Figaro should marry?
4. What does the Count announce just as Figaro is rejoicing in the judges decision?
5. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)