|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads the letter aloud?
(b) the judge.
(d) the Count.
2. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
(a) the Countess' voice.
(b) wedding music.
(d) the bustle of the crowd gathering.
3. What did Marceline misinterpret the calling for love for Figaro as?
4. What does Suzanne agree to as planned?
(a) work alongside Antonio.
(b) befriend the Countess.
(c) marry Figaro.
(d) meet the Count in the garden.
5. Which character has sent for the judge?
(b) the Count.
(d) the Countess.
6. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in each other's clothes.
(b) in evening gowns.
(c) in peasant clothes.
(d) in costume.
7. What does the Countess say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) it is postponed.
(b) the Count will not show.
(c) it is called off.
(d) it is still on.
8. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
9. Who is an aside spoken directly to when performed onstage?
(a) the actor himself.
(b) the opposing character.
(c) the set.
(d) the audience.
10. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
(a) his advantage of looks and charm.
(b) his advantage of strength and maturity.
(c) his advantage of money, wealth, and position.
(d) his advantage of wisdom and age.
11. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
(a) for Brid Oisin to understand the case.
(b) for Brid Oisin to favor Figaro.
(c) for Brid Oisin to judge fairly.
(d) for Brid Oisin to become bias.
12. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are finally alone together in the room where they are to be married?
(a) the Countess' support.
(b) how much they love each other.
(c) the events of the courtroom.
(d) the Count's temper.
13. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
(a) with joy.
(b) with shock.
(c) with terror.
(d) with fear.
14. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
(a) the public.
(b) the Countess.
15. What is the Count planning to do just as Suzanne believes the marriage should go ahead as planned?
(a) go along with the wedding.
(b) double cross Suzanne and Figaro.
(c) double cross Marceline and Bazile.
(d) feign interest in the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
2. What does Bartholo scoff at the idea of Figaro being?
3. Who does Figaro see when he first arrives on the castle grounds?
4. What does Suzanne say that she and Figaro can use the money for?
5. Who is disguised as a girl?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)