|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he changed his dirty clothes.
(b) he was eating.
(c) he was talking with Suzanne.
(d) he was looking for Cherubin.
2. Who begins to court the Countess thinking she is Suzanne, just as the Count is approaching?
3. Where did Suzanne get the money to pay for Figaro's debt?
(a) from Dr. Bartholo.
(b) from Antonio.
(c) from the Countess.
(d) from a bank loan.
4. Which two pivotal characters will be part of the general public that is let into the courtroom?
(a) Antonio and the Countess.
(b) Fanchette and Marceline.
(c) Fanchette and Bartholo.
(d) Antonio and Fanchette.
5. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
(b) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(c) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
(d) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
6. What do the judges agree?
(a) the debt must be paid.
(b) the debt is dismissed.
(c) the case lacks evidence.
(d) the case is thrown out of court.
7. Who's relationship is Suzanne jealous of?
(a) Marceline and Figaro.
(b) the Countess and the Count.
(c) Bazile and Marceline.
(d) Figaro and the Count.
8. What is the important word that Figaro is arguing should to be changed in the letter?
(a) and, not or.
(b) not and or.
(c) and only.
(d) or, not and.
9. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) it is still on.
(b) it is postponed.
(c) the Count will not show.
(d) it is called off.
10. When the Count enters the castle's throne room, who does he order in?
(a) the Countess.
(c) the public.
11. What do Suzanne, Figaro, and all the others do in the presence of the Count pleading for the Count's mercy?
(a) lie in the garden.
(b) fall to their knees.
(c) put their hands together in prayer.
12. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
(a) the meeting in the garden is postponed.
(b) the meeting in the garden is off.
(c) the meeting in the garden is still on.
(d) the meeting in the garden has taken place.
13. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
(a) the Countess' voice.
(b) wedding music.
(d) the bustle of the crowd gathering.
14. What does Suzanne tell Figaro he's won?
(a) the case.
(c) social promotion.
(d) her heart.
15. What is the name of the judge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marceline suing?
2. How does everyone react to the news from Marceline and Bartholo?
3. What does Figaro reveal he is most jealous of in terms of the Count?
4. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
5. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)