|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only phrase that Figaro thinks he needs to know in English?
(a) water closet.
(c) scones and tea.
(d) royal crown.
2. Who reads the letter aloud?
(a) the Count.
(c) the judge.
3. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
(a) the Countess' voice.
(b) wedding music.
(c) the bustle of the crowd gathering.
4. What does Figaro tell the Count he need in order to get married?
(a) permission from Suzanne's parents.
(b) permission from his parents.
(c) permission from the state.
(d) permission from his priest.
5. What is the Countess's reason for leaving the ceremony?
(a) she is hungry.
(b) she is tired.
(c) she must change clothing.
(d) she is ill.
6. Where did Suzanne get the money to pay for Figaro's debt?
(a) from Antonio.
(b) from the Countess.
(c) from Dr. Bartholo.
(d) from a bank loan.
7. What does Figaro ask his mother to do once the news of his birthright is revealed?
(a) to forgive him.
(b) to take him in.
(c) to love him.
(d) to kiss him.
8. Who does the Count accidentally hit as a result of the shocking kiss?
(a) the Countess.
9. What is Figaro's explanation to the Count as to why he's taken so long to arrive?
(a) he changed his dirty clothes.
(b) he was eating.
(c) he was talking with Suzanne.
(d) he was looking for Cherubin.
10. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
11. What are the Count and Figaro essentially out to do?
(a) upstage each other and relinquish control.
(b) upstage each other and gain control.
(c) fool each other and gain control.
(d) fool each other and relinquish control.
12. What does Bartholo scoff at the idea of Figaro being?
(b) a gentleman.
(c) the marrying type.
13. Who does the Count think Figaro is flirting with outside of the pavilion?
(a) the Countess.
14. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the castle's throne room.
(b) the Countess's bedchamber.
(c) the servant's quarters.
(d) the garden.
15. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of annulment.
(b) a letter of mercy.
(c) a letter of leniency.
(d) a letter of agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Figaro and Suzanne talk about when they are finally alone together in the room where they are to be married?
2. If Figaro does not follow court orders, what will result?
3. What does Fanchette promise the Count is he lets Cherubin go free?
4. What does Marceline reveal?
5. Who does Figaro admit to flirting with after the Count confronts him?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)