|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the judges agree?
(a) the case is thrown out of court.
(b) the debt must be paid.
(c) the debt is dismissed.
(d) the case lacks evidence.
2. When the Countess and Suzanne appear, how are they dressed?
(a) in costume.
(b) in evening gowns.
(c) in peasant clothes.
(d) in each other's clothes.
3. What did Marceline misinterpret the calling for love for Figaro as?
4. What does Figaro say to Suzanne about the meeting in the garden?
(a) it is still on.
(b) it is postponed.
(c) the Count will not show.
(d) it is called off.
5. What theater tactic do both Figaro and the Count use to show their true intentions?
(a) an aside.
(b) a soliloquy.
(c) body language.
(d) a mask.
6. Who is left alone in the courtroom?
(d) the Count.
7. What is the name of the judge?
8. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(b) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
(c) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
(d) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
9. Who tells the "good news" about Figaro and the judges decision to Suzanne?
(b) the Count.
10. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
11. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of agreement.
(b) a letter of leniency.
(c) a letter of annulment.
(d) a letter of mercy.
12. What does the Count offer "Suzanne" to seal their relationship?
(a) a bag of gold.
(b) a diamond ring.
(c) a diamond and a bag of silver .
(d) a bag of gold and a diamond.
13. Who is Marceline suing?
(b) the Count.
14. What is the setting of Act 3, Part 1?
(a) the garden.
(b) the castle's throne room.
(c) the servant's quarters.
(d) the Countess's bedchamber.
15. Which character rushes into the wedding room with the Count to uncover Cherubin's disguise?
(a) the Countess.
(b) Dr. Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character exits the pavilion masking her face with a fan?
2. What is heard in the background as the Count is in utter disbelief at Figaro's manipulations?
3. What message does Fanchette give to Figaro regarding the Count and Suzanne?
4. Who get's the room ready for the hearing?
5. What does Bartholo reveal?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)