|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
2. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
(a) How he lost his friendship.
(b) How he lost Marceline.
(c) How he lost his money.
(d) How he lost Rosine.
3. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) go into a convent.
(b) take a lover.
(c) conceive a child.
(d) divorce the Count.
4. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(a) Dr. Bartholo.
5. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
(c) the Count.
6. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) making money.
(b) a new career.
(c) his music.
(d) his country.
7. How does Figaro respond to Bazile's comment regarding Cherubin being careful around Fanchette?
8. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of ribbons.
(b) the wreath of lace.
(c) the wreath of flowers.
(d) the wreath of twigs.
9. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will make her marriage take place.
(b) it will give her more freedom.
(c) it will settle the Count's temper.
(d) it will ensure safety.
10. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
11. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(b) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(c) Figaro and Suzanne.
(d) Figaro and Cherubin.
12. Who is Antonio?
(a) the butler.
(b) the gardener.
(c) the cook.
(d) the handyman.
13. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) a wreath of flowers.
(b) a bridesmaid dress.
(c) her wedding dress.
(d) a new robe.
14. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) provide transportation .
(b) give him back his original duties.
(c) give him his commission papers.
(d) sign a release form.
15. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(b) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
(c) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(d) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
2. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
3. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
4. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
5. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)