|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
(a) he tries to talk his way out of it.
(b) he acts shocked at the letters existence.
(c) he admits to the letter.
(d) he acts indifferent.
2. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
(a) when Figaro professes his love for Suzanne.
(b) when Figaro travels to London with the Count.
(c) when Figaro plans and schemes.
(d) when Figaro completes his duties.
3. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
(a) she does not like the sun.
(b) she has nothing to wear.
(c) she is unsightly.
(d) she is unwell.
4. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
(a) a prestigious regiment in the army.
(b) a prestigious regiment in the court.
(c) a prestigious regiment in the navy.
(d) a presitgious regiment in England.
5. Who is Cherubin in love with?
(a) the Countess.
(c) Suzanne .
6. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
7. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
8. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) dance his dance for her.
(b) sing his song for her.
(c) tell her a story.
(d) take a nap.
9. In addition to Figaro, which character is also in on the plot to have Cherubin stay?
(d) The Count.
10. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(b) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(c) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
(d) Her plans to divorce him.
11. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she wants another room.
(b) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(c) she begins to decorate the room.
(d) she is overjoyed.
12. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
(a) next month.
(b) next year.
(c) next week.
(d) the next day.
13. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
14. According to Figaro, what will the Count be too busy trying to find as to even consider taking in a lover?
(a) Figaro's lover.
(b) the Countess' lover.
(c) his beloved.
(d) Cherubin's many lovers.
15. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(b) Figaro and Cherubin.
(c) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(d) Figaro and Suzanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
2. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
3. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
4. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
5. How does the Countess try to prepare the Count for the discovery of Cherubin?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)