|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(a) the Countess.
2. What does the Count feel Suzanne has made out of their love for each other?
(a) she has made a mockery.
(b) she has made a tragic decision.
(c) she has made a wise choice.
(d) she has made a terrible mistake.
3. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
4. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
(a) Figaro begins plotting.
(b) Figaro becomes jealous.
(c) Figaro becomes violent.
(d) Figaro disregards the thought and moves on.
5. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) take a lover.
(b) go into a convent.
(c) divorce the Count.
(d) conceive a child.
6. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) provide transportation .
(b) give him back his original duties.
(c) give him his commission papers.
(d) sign a release form.
7. What has Figaro arranged to be delivered to the Count hinting that the Countess is seeing another man?
(a) a telegram.
(c) a letter.
8. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(b) she begins to decorate the room.
(c) she is overjoyed.
(d) she wants another room.
9. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
10. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
(a) the Countess is pregnant.
(b) the Countess requires medication.
(c) the Countess is depressed.
(d) the Countess is ill.
11. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) take a nap.
(b) sing his song for her.
(c) dance his dance for her.
(d) tell her a story.
12. What is the Countess pining away about?
(a) the Count is a lousy lover.
(b) the Count is unfaithful.
(c) the Count is rude to her.
(d) the Count is neglecting her.
13. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
(d) the Count.
14. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(b) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(c) Figaro and Suzanne.
(d) Figaro and Cherubin.
15. Who is Antonio?
(a) the handyman.
(b) the butler.
(c) the gardener.
(d) the cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the women tell Figaro that the Count knows everything, what does Figaro tell the Count to believe?
2. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
3. What instrument does Bazile play?
4. Who is Suzanne?
5. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)