|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the dowry law.
(b) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
(d) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
2. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) the Count and the Countess.
(b) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(c) Marceline and Bartholo.
(d) Cherubin and the Count.
3. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
(a) when Figaro plans and schemes.
(b) when Figaro travels to London with the Count.
(c) when Figaro professes his love for Suzanne.
(d) when Figaro completes his duties.
4. In addition to Figaro, which character is also in on the plot to have Cherubin stay?
(a) The Count.
5. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(b) the Countess.
6. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) her wedding dress.
(b) a bridesmaid dress.
(c) a wreath of flowers.
(d) a new robe.
7. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is saddened.
(b) she is outraged.
(c) she is indifferent.
(d) she considers it a compliment.
8. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
9. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
(a) Figaro acccuses Antonio of treason.
(b) Figaro accuses Antonio of lying.
(c) Figaro accuses Antonio of drinking too much.
(d) Figaro accuses Antonio of stealing.
10. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
(a) the next day.
(b) next month.
(c) next week.
(d) next year.
11. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
(a) the bedchamber.
(b) the parlor.
(c) the garden.
(d) the living room.
12. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(b) she wants another room.
(c) she is overjoyed.
(d) she begins to decorate the room.
13. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) under the chair.
(b) under the bed.
(c) in the dressing room.
(d) behind the door.
14. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
(a) the name of the regiment.
(b) the Count's offical address.
(c) the Count's official seal.
(d) the Count's specific orders.
15. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
(a) she interrupts them.
(b) she tells the Count to calm down.
(c) she hides.
(d) she begins to put on the dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
2. Where does the Count invite Suzanne to meet him to discuss his and Figaro's upcoming trip to London?
3. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
4. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
5. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)