|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fanchette reply when the Count asks where Marceline is?
(a) she is having tea with Figaro.
(b) she is waiting for the Count in the garden.
(c) she has gone into town with Bartholo.
(d) she has left town with Bartholo.
2. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
3. What is the Countess pining away about?
(a) the Count is a lousy lover.
(b) the Count is neglecting her.
(c) the Count is unfaithful.
(d) the Count is rude to her.
4. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
(b) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
(c) because it has a lovely view.
(d) because it is close to their Master's room.
5. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will stay in her room.
(b) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(c) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(d) She can no longer marry Figaro.
6. Who is Suzanne?
(a) both a and b.
(b) the Countess' maid.
(c) Bartholo's cousin.
(d) Figaro's bride-to-be.
7. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to divorce him.
(b) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(c) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(d) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
8. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
(b) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(c) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
(d) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
9. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
10. Who is Antonio related to?
(b) the Countess.
11. Which two characters had a child together in years passed who was given up for adoption?
(a) Figaro and Marceline.
(b) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(c) Marceline and Bartholo.
(d) Bartholo and Suzanne.
12. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
(a) Figaro becomes violent.
(b) Figaro becomes jealous.
(c) Figaro disregards the thought and moves on.
(d) Figaro begins plotting.
13. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
(a) his beloved.
(b) his siblings.
(c) his children.
(d) his family.
14. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) tell her a story.
(b) dance his dance for her.
(c) take a nap.
(d) sing his song for her.
15. While Cherubin is in the chair and the Count is behind the chair, where is Figaro?
(a) in the garden.
(b) looking for the Count.
(c) in the foyer.
(d) looking for Suzanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Figaro give as the reason why a man wants to possess another man's wife?
2. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
3. What instrument does Bazile play?
4. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
5. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)