|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
(a) the Countess is ill.
(b) the Countess is pregnant.
(c) the Countess is depressed.
(d) the Countess requires medication.
2. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) take a nap.
(b) sing his song for her.
(c) tell her a story.
(d) dance his dance for her.
3. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She can no longer marry Figaro.
(b) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(c) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(d) She will stay in her room.
4. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
(a) to avoid the wedding.
(b) to avoid a fight.
(c) to avoid Suzanne.
(d) to avoid the Count's temper.
5. What does the Count feel he is a victim of?
(c) a crime.
(d) a joke.
6. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
(a) bad luck.
(b) poor timing.
(c) the letter.
7. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the bedroom door.
(b) the window.
(c) the dressing room door.
(d) the bathroom door.
8. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
(a) the Countess.
9. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is outraged.
(b) she is indifferent.
(c) she is saddened.
(d) she considers it a compliment.
10. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(a) The Count.
(b) the court.
11. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
(a) stay in the bedchamber.
(b) go to the garden.
(c) write another letter.
(d) leave for London.
12. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) conceive a child.
(b) go into a convent.
(c) take a lover.
(d) divorce the Count.
13. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
(a) he takes the dress.
(b) he apologizes to Suzanne.
(c) he leaves the key on the bedpost.
(d) he locks the other door in the room.
14. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
(d) the maid.
15. How does Figaro respond to Bazile's comment regarding Cherubin being careful around Fanchette?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the women tell Figaro that the Count knows everything, what does Figaro tell the Count to believe?
2. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
3. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
4. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
5. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)