|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
(a) to avoid a fight.
(b) to avoid the Count's temper.
(c) to avoid the wedding.
(d) to avoid Suzanne.
2. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because it is close to their Master's room.
(b) because it has a lovely view.
(c) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
(d) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
3. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
(a) Figaro begins plotting.
(b) Figaro disregards the thought and moves on.
(c) Figaro becomes jealous.
(d) Figaro becomes violent.
4. Who does the Countess say had the primary idea for the letter?
5. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(a) find the key.
(b) tell Figaro what happened.
(d) stop the Count and the Countess.
6. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
(a) he sprinted out the doorway.
(b) he is hiding in the next bedchamber.
(c) he dressed as a woman in disguise.
(d) he jumped out the window.
7. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is outraged.
(b) she is indifferent.
(c) she considers it a compliment.
(d) she is saddened.
8. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
(b) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
(c) it is not close to the kitchen.
(d) it is too chilly.
9. Who is Suzanne?
(a) Figaro's bride-to-be.
(b) the Countess' maid.
(c) Bartholo's cousin.
(d) both a and b.
10. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she is overjoyed.
(b) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(c) she wants another room.
(d) she begins to decorate the room.
11. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
12. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) under the bed.
(b) under the chair.
(c) behind the door.
(d) in the dressing room.
13. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
(a) she interrupts them.
(b) she tells the Count to calm down.
(c) she hides.
(d) she begins to put on the dress.
14. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(a) The Count.
(d) the court.
15. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(b) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
(c) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
(d) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
2. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
3. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
4. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
5. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)