|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
(a) the maid.
2. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be discreet.
(b) he can be trusted.
(c) he can be helpful.
(d) he can be difficult.
3. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will give her more freedom.
(b) it will settle the Count's temper.
(c) it will make her marriage take place.
(d) it will ensure safety.
4. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
(a) Figaro becomes violent.
(b) Figaro begins plotting.
(c) Figaro disregards the thought and moves on.
(d) Figaro becomes jealous.
5. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
(a) there will be a bigger room.
(b) there will be misfortune.
(c) there will be a higher rank.
(d) there will be more dowry money.
6. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
7. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
(a) business missions.
(b) diplomatic missions.
(c) international missions.
(d) religious mission.
8. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she begins to decorate the room.
(b) she is overjoyed.
(c) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(d) she wants another room.
9. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is saddened.
(b) she is outraged.
(c) she is indifferent.
(d) she considers it a compliment.
10. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
(a) she does not like the sun.
(b) she is unsightly.
(c) she is unwell.
(d) she has nothing to wear.
11. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
(b) poor timing.
(c) the letter.
(d) bad luck.
12. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Figaro and Suzanne.
(b) Figaro and Cherubin.
(c) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(d) Suzanne and Bartholo.
13. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(b) the Countess.
14. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
(b) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(c) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
(d) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
15. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of lace.
(b) the wreath of twigs.
(c) the wreath of ribbons.
(d) the wreath of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Countess pining away about?
2. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
3. What is the Countess arranging as the Count is heard outside asking why the bedroom door is locked?
4. Where does the Count invite Suzanne to meet him to discuss his and Figaro's upcoming trip to London?
5. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)