|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) a wreath of flowers.
(b) a new robe.
(c) her wedding dress.
(d) a bridesmaid dress.
2. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) go into a convent.
(b) take a lover.
(c) conceive a child.
(d) divorce the Count.
3. Who is Cherubin in love with?
(a) Suzanne .
(d) the Countess.
4. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of twigs.
(b) the wreath of flowers.
(c) the wreath of ribbons.
(d) the wreath of lace.
5. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will stay in her room.
(b) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(c) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(d) She can no longer marry Figaro.
6. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
7. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
(a) he admits to the letter.
(b) he acts shocked at the letters existence.
(c) he tries to talk his way out of it.
(d) he acts indifferent.
8. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
(a) the Count's offical address.
(b) the Count's specific orders.
(c) the name of the regiment.
(d) the Count's official seal.
9. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
(a) the living room.
(b) the bedchamber.
(c) the garden.
(d) the parlor.
10. What is the Countess pining away about?
(a) the Count is unfaithful.
(b) the Count is a lousy lover.
(c) the Count is neglecting her.
(d) the Count is rude to her.
11. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
(a) the official seal.
(b) Cherubin's signature.
(c) the postage.
(d) the stamp of the regiment.
12. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
(a) the Countess.
13. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
(a) Figaro lifts the dress off the chair.
(b) Bazile lifts the dress off the chair.
(c) Suzanne lifts the dress off the chair.
(d) The Count lifts the dress off the chair.
14. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
15. What does the Count feel he is a victim of?
(b) a joke.
(c) a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters had a child together in years passed who was given up for adoption?
2. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
3. How long does Suzanne reveal that Cherubin has been in the room?
4. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
5. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)