|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) give him back his original duties.
(b) provide transportation .
(c) sign a release form.
(d) give him his commission papers.
2. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(c) Dr. Bartholo.
3. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) conceive a child.
(b) divorce the Count.
(c) go into a convent.
(d) take a lover.
4. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) under the chair.
(b) in the dressing room.
(c) under the bed.
(d) behind the door.
5. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
(a) she begins to put on the dress.
(b) she hides.
(c) she tells the Count to calm down.
(d) she interrupts them.
6. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(b) the court.
(c) The Count.
7. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
(b) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
(c) Suzanne will marry no man.
(d) Suzanne will marry the Count.
8. After the Count jumps angrily out from behind the chair, who does he order to drive Cherubin from the court?
9. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be difficult.
(b) he can be discreet.
(c) he can be helpful.
(d) he can be trusted.
10. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
(a) the living room.
(b) the garden.
(c) the bedchamber.
(d) the parlor.
11. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
(a) the maid.
12. How does the Countess try to prepare the Count for the discovery of Cherubin?
(a) she remains calm and speaks little.
(b) she blames Suzanne.
(c) she says she was unaware of who was in the room.
(d) she says she was just playing a little joke.
13. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
(a) Figaro lifts the dress off the chair.
(b) The Count lifts the dress off the chair.
(c) Suzanne lifts the dress off the chair.
(d) Bazile lifts the dress off the chair.
14. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
15. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(d) the Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
2. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
3. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
4. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
5. Who is Antonio?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)