|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
(a) Cherubin's signature.
(b) the official seal.
(c) the postage.
(d) the stamp of the regiment.
2. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
(a) the Countess requires medication.
(b) the Countess is pregnant.
(c) the Countess is ill.
(d) the Countess is depressed.
3. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is outraged.
(b) she considers it a compliment.
(c) she is saddened.
(d) she is indifferent.
4. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
5. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(b) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
(c) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(d) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
6. What does the Count feel he is a victim of?
(b) a crime.
(d) a joke.
7. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will stay in her room.
(b) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(c) She can no longer marry Figaro.
(d) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
8. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
(a) he dressed as a woman in disguise.
(b) he jumped out the window.
(c) he is hiding in the next bedchamber.
(d) he sprinted out the doorway.
9. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(b) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(c) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
(d) Her plans to divorce him.
10. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
(a) Figaro lifts the dress off the chair.
(b) Bazile lifts the dress off the chair.
(c) Suzanne lifts the dress off the chair.
(d) The Count lifts the dress off the chair.
11. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
(a) find Cherubin.
(b) arrest Figaro.
(d) take leave.
12. Who is Cherubin in love with?
(a) the Countess.
(c) Suzanne .
13. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) Marceline and Bartholo.
(b) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(c) the Count and the Countess.
(d) Cherubin and the Count.
14. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(a) find the key.
(b) stop the Count and the Countess.
(d) tell Figaro what happened.
15. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it is too chilly.
(b) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
(c) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
(d) it is not close to the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
2. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
3. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
4. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
5. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)