|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
(a) he dressed as a woman in disguise.
(b) he is hiding in the next bedchamber.
(c) he jumped out the window.
(d) he sprinted out the doorway.
2. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
(a) next month.
(b) next week.
(c) the next day.
(d) next year.
3. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(b) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(c) Figaro and Suzanne.
(d) Figaro and Cherubin.
4. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
(a) Figaro accuses Antonio of stealing.
(b) Figaro accuses Antonio of drinking too much.
(c) Figaro acccuses Antonio of treason.
(d) Figaro accuses Antonio of lying.
5. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
(a) How he lost his money.
(b) How he lost his friendship.
(c) How he lost Rosine.
(d) How he lost Marceline.
6. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(b) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
(c) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
(d) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
7. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will stay in her room.
(b) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(c) She can no longer marry Figaro.
(d) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
8. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) sign a release form.
(b) give him his commission papers.
(c) give him back his original duties.
(d) provide transportation .
9. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
(b) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(c) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(d) Her plans to divorce him.
10. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
(a) a tap.
(b) a noise.
(c) a scream.
(d) a crash.
11. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(b) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the dowry law.
(d) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
12. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
(a) his beloved.
(b) his children.
(c) his family.
(d) his siblings.
13. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
(a) an important bill.
(b) Cherubin's commission.
(c) the letter.
(d) the Count's papers.
14. Who is Suzanne?
(a) the Countess' maid.
(b) both a and b.
(c) Bartholo's cousin.
(d) Figaro's bride-to-be.
15. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
(a) write another letter.
(b) go to the garden.
(c) stay in the bedchamber.
(d) leave for London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
2. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
3. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
4. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
5. How does the Countess try to prepare the Count for the discovery of Cherubin?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)