|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
(a) the stamp of the regiment.
(b) Cherubin's signature.
(c) the postage.
(d) the official seal.
2. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
(b) it is not close to the kitchen.
(c) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
(d) it is too chilly.
3. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
4. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
(d) the Countess.
5. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(b) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
(d) for abolishing the dowry law.
6. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
7. Who does the Countess say had the primary idea for the letter?
8. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
(a) a brick.
(b) a chair.
(c) his tools.
(d) an axe.
9. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
(a) the wreath of ribbons.
(b) the wreath of flowers.
(c) the wreath of twigs.
(d) the wreath of lace.
10. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
(a) the Countess and Figaro.
(b) the Count and Marceline.
(c) Suzanne and the Countess.
(d) Marceline and the Countess.
11. Who is the gardener?
(a) Suzanne's father.
(b) Suzanne's brother.
(c) Suzanne's uncle.
(d) Suzanne's cousin.
12. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she wants another room.
(b) she begins to decorate the room.
(c) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(d) she is overjoyed.
13. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
(a) the closet space.
(b) the cabinets.
(c) the bathtub.
(d) the floor.
14. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
(a) the parlor.
(b) the garden.
(c) the living room.
(d) the bedchamber.
15. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Figaro explain the reason why "he" jumped out of the window?
2. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
3. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
4. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
5. What is the setting of Act 2, Part 1?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)