|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because it has a lovely view.
(b) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
(c) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
(d) because it is close to their Master's room.
2. What is the setting of Act 2, Part 1?
(a) the castle grounds.
(b) the Count's study.
(c) the Countess' bedchamber.
(d) Figaro's bedchamber.
3. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the window.
(b) the dressing room door.
(c) the bedroom door.
(d) the bathroom door.
4. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(b) she begins to decorate the room.
(c) she is overjoyed.
(d) she wants another room.
5. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(b) tell Figaro what happened.
(c) stop the Count and the Countess.
(d) find the key.
6. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
7. Who is the gardener?
(a) Suzanne's father.
(b) Suzanne's cousin.
(c) Suzanne's brother.
(d) Suzanne's uncle.
8. What is Antonio carrying when he enters the room?
(a) a broken vase.
(b) a broken chair.
(c) a broken necklace.
(d) a broken flowerpot.
9. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
(a) she is indifferent.
(b) she is outraged.
(c) she considers it a compliment.
(d) she is saddened.
10. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(a) the court.
(b) The Count.
11. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
(a) he admits to the letter.
(b) he tries to talk his way out of it.
(c) he acts indifferent.
(d) he acts shocked at the letters existence.
12. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
(a) he jumped out the window.
(b) he is hiding in the next bedchamber.
(c) he sprinted out the doorway.
(d) he dressed as a woman in disguise.
13. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) his country.
(b) a new career.
(c) his music.
(d) making money.
14. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
(a) an important bill.
(b) Cherubin's commission.
(c) the letter.
(d) the Count's papers.
15. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) sing his song for her.
(b) dance his dance for her.
(c) tell her a story.
(d) take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
2. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
3. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
4. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
5. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)