|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it is too chilly.
(b) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
(c) it is not close to the kitchen.
(d) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
2. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(b) the court.
(d) The Count.
3. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(d) Dr. Bartholo.
4. Where does Figaro tell the Countess she should meet the Count, despite the fact that someone else will take Suzanne's place?
(a) the bedchamber.
(b) the garden.
(c) the living room.
(d) the parlor.
5. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
(a) Figaro accuses Antonio of lying.
(b) Figaro accuses Antonio of drinking too much.
(c) Figaro accuses Antonio of stealing.
(d) Figaro acccuses Antonio of treason.
6. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(b) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(c) Figaro and Suzanne.
(d) Figaro and Cherubin.
7. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
(a) a chair.
(b) his tools.
(c) a brick.
(d) an axe.
8. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) a bridesmaid dress.
(b) a new robe.
(c) her wedding dress.
(d) a wreath of flowers.
9. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
(a) a crash.
(b) a noise.
(c) a scream.
(d) a tap.
10. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
11. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
(a) find Cherubin.
(c) arrest Figaro.
(d) take leave.
12. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
(a) a child.
(b) a ring.
(c) a promise.
(d) a document.
13. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) give him back his original duties.
(b) give him his commission papers.
(c) sign a release form.
(d) provide transportation .
14. What is the Countess arranging as the Count is heard outside asking why the bedroom door is locked?
(a) the placement of the furniture.
(b) her flowers.
(c) Cherubin's hair.
(d) the bedcovers.
15. How does Fanchette reply when the Count asks where Marceline is?
(a) she is having tea with Figaro.
(b) she is waiting for the Count in the garden.
(c) she has left town with Bartholo.
(d) she has gone into town with Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
2. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
3. How does the Countess try to prepare the Count for the discovery of Cherubin?
4. What does Figaro suggest the Count formally present Suzanne with as a symbol of his commitment to ending the law?
5. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)