|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
(a) the Count's official seal.
(b) the Count's specific orders.
(c) the Count's offical address.
(d) the name of the regiment.
2. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
(b) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
(c) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(d) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
3. How does Fanchette reply when the Count asks where Marceline is?
(a) she has gone into town with Bartholo.
(b) she is having tea with Figaro.
(c) she is waiting for the Count in the garden.
(d) she has left town with Bartholo.
4. What does Suzanne do after she enters the room with the dress in hand, unnoticed by either the Count or the Countess?
(a) she interrupts them.
(b) she begins to put on the dress.
(c) she hides.
(d) she tells the Count to calm down.
5. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a rabbit's foot.
(b) a kiss.
(c) a ring.
(d) a hug.
6. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
(b) Suzanne will marry the Count.
(c) Suzanne will marry no man.
(d) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
7. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be discreet.
(b) he can be difficult.
(c) he can be trusted.
(d) he can be helpful.
8. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
(a) a tap.
(b) a noise.
(c) a scream.
(d) a crash.
9. What is the Countess arranging as the Count is heard outside asking why the bedroom door is locked?
(a) her flowers.
(b) the placement of the furniture.
(c) Cherubin's hair.
(d) the bedcovers.
10. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
11. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(d) Dr. Bartholo.
12. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
(a) behind the door.
(b) in the dressing room.
(c) under the bed.
(d) under the chair.
13. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) a new career.
(b) his country.
(c) his music.
(d) making money.
14. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
15. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
(a) a ring.
(b) a document.
(c) a child.
(d) a promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
2. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
3. What instrument does Bazile play?
4. What is the Countess pining away about?
5. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)