|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a ring.
(b) a rabbit's foot.
(c) a hug.
(d) a kiss.
2. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
3. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
(a) international missions.
(b) diplomatic missions.
(c) religious mission.
(d) business missions.
4. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(c) Dr. Bartholo.
5. After the Count jumps angrily out from behind the chair, who does he order to drive Cherubin from the court?
6. Who has seen Cherubin lingering outside Suzanne's door?
(c) The Count.
(d) the court.
7. How long does Suzanne reveal that Cherubin has been in the room?
(a) he slept there overnight.
(b) for a few hours.
(c) the entire time.
(d) for a few minutes.
8. Who is Suzanne?
(a) both a and b.
(b) the Countess' maid.
(c) Bartholo's cousin.
(d) Figaro's bride-to-be.
9. What sound summons Suzanne to the Countess?
(a) the sound of wind chimes.
(b) the sound of a bell.
(c) the sound of a horn.
(d) the sound of a voice.
10. What is the Countess's explanation to the Count as he enters the bedchamber?
(a) She and Suzanne need privacy to talk .
(b) She and Suzanne need privacy to put on makeup.
(c) She and Suzane need privacy to choose perfumes.
(d) She and Suzanne need privacy for trying on clothes.
11. Which of the characters stay to hear Bazile play his music?
(a) the Countess and Figaro.
(b) Suzanne and the Countess.
(c) the Count and Marceline.
(d) Marceline and the Countess.
12. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
13. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
(a) arrest Figaro.
(b) take leave.
(c) find Cherubin.
14. What is the primary reason why Suzanne does not like to bedroom?
(a) it means she may have to see the Countess too often.
(b) it is too chilly.
(c) it is not close to the kitchen.
(d) it means that Count wants to re-enact an old law.
15. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
(a) a brick.
(b) his tools.
(c) an axe.
(d) a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
2. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
3. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
4. Who is Antonio?
5. Who is the gardener?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)