|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
(a) his siblings.
(b) his beloved.
(c) his children.
(d) his family.
2. Who is the gardener?
(a) Suzanne's cousin.
(b) Suzanne's brother.
(c) Suzanne's uncle.
(d) Suzanne's father.
3. What does the Count feel Suzanne has made out of their love for each other?
(a) she has made a wise choice.
(b) she has made a tragic decision.
(c) she has made a terrible mistake.
(d) she has made a mockery.
4. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
(a) the letter.
(b) poor timing.
(d) bad luck.
5. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(c) the Countess.
6. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) give him back his original duties.
(b) provide transportation .
(c) sign a release form.
(d) give him his commission papers.
7. What does Suzanne urge Cherubin to run and do?
(b) find the key.
(c) tell Figaro what happened.
(d) stop the Count and the Countess.
8. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
(a) the Countess is pregnant.
(b) the Countess is depressed.
(c) the Countess is ill.
(d) the Countess requires medication.
9. How does Suzanne insult Marceline after she brings in one of the Countess' dresses?
(a) Suzanne tells Marceline she has gained weight.
(b) Suzanne tells Marceline she is an old maid.
(c) Suzanne tells Marceline she is not beautiful.
(d) Suzanne tells Marceline she is not smart.
10. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) take a nap.
(b) sing his song for her.
(c) dance his dance for her.
(d) tell her a story.
11. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
(a) when Figaro travels to London with the Count.
(b) when Figaro plans and schemes.
(c) when Figaro completes his duties.
(d) when Figaro professes his love for Suzanne.
12. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) conceive a child.
(b) take a lover.
(c) go into a convent.
(d) divorce the Count.
13. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
(a) How he lost Marceline.
(b) How he lost his money.
(c) How he lost his friendship.
(d) How he lost Rosine.
14. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
(a) Bazile lifts the dress off the chair.
(b) The Count lifts the dress off the chair.
(c) Figaro lifts the dress off the chair.
(d) Suzanne lifts the dress off the chair.
15. When the women tell Figaro that the Count knows everything, what does Figaro tell the Count to believe?
(a) Cherubin wrote the letter.
(b) not a word of it.
(c) The Countess is plotting.
(d) all of it is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cherubin in love with?
2. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
3. Where does the Count invite Suzanne to meet him to discuss his and Figaro's upcoming trip to London?
4. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
5. According to Figaro, what will the Count be too busy trying to find as to even consider taking in a lover?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)