|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Figaro arranged to be delivered to the Count hinting that the Countess is seeing another man?
(a) a letter.
(d) a telegram.
2. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
(b) the Countess.
3. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will ensure safety.
(b) it will make her marriage take place.
(c) it will settle the Count's temper.
(d) it will give her more freedom.
4. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
5. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
6. What does Figaro say to try to change the subject and distract Antonio?
(a) Figaro accuses Antonio of lying.
(b) Figaro acccuses Antonio of treason.
(c) Figaro accuses Antonio of drinking too much.
(d) Figaro accuses Antonio of stealing.
7. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
(a) he leaves the key on the bedpost.
(b) he apologizes to Suzanne.
(c) he takes the dress.
(d) he locks the other door in the room.
8. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry no man.
(b) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
(c) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
(d) Suzanne will marry the Count.
9. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to divorce him.
(b) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(c) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(d) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
10. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
(a) an important bill.
(b) the Count's papers.
(c) Cherubin's commission.
(d) the letter.
11. Which character did the Count catch Cherubin with yesterday in the bedroom?
(c) the maid.
12. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
(b) because it has a lovely view.
(c) because it is close to their Master's room.
(d) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
13. Who has plans to marry Marceline?
14. When the women tell Figaro that the Count knows everything, what does Figaro tell the Count to believe?
(a) all of it is true.
(b) The Countess is plotting.
(c) not a word of it.
(d) Cherubin wrote the letter.
15. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
(a) next year.
(b) next week.
(c) the next day.
(d) next month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
2. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
3. Where does the Count invite Suzanne to meet him to discuss his and Figaro's upcoming trip to London?
4. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
5. How is the presence of Cherubin revealed?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)