|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro react when the Count confronts him about the letter?
(a) he acts indifferent.
(b) he admits to the letter.
(c) he tries to talk his way out of it.
(d) he acts shocked at the letters existence.
2. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) Marceline and Bartholo.
(b) the Count and the Countess.
(c) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(d) Cherubin and the Count.
3. When the women tell Figaro that the Count knows everything, what does Figaro tell the Count to believe?
(a) Cherubin wrote the letter.
(b) not a word of it.
(c) all of it is true.
(d) The Countess is plotting.
4. What does Figaro do when he thinks of the Count wanting to woo Suzanne?
(a) Figaro disregards the thought and moves on.
(b) Figaro begins plotting.
(c) Figaro becomes jealous.
(d) Figaro becomes violent.
5. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
(a) a crash.
(b) a noise.
(c) a scream.
(d) a tap.
6. What does Suzanne hurriedly unlock as the Count and Countess exit?
(a) the dressing room door.
(b) the window.
(c) the bedroom door.
(d) the bathroom door.
7. Who is Antonio related to?
(a) the Countess.
8. Which characters are plotting to have Cherubin stay?
(a) Suzanne and Bartholo.
(b) Cherubin and Suzanne.
(c) Figaro and Cherubin.
(d) Figaro and Suzanne.
9. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
(a) the bathtub.
(b) the floor.
(c) the cabinets.
(d) the closet space.
10. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
(a) next year.
(b) next week.
(c) the next day.
(d) next month.
11. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) take a lover.
(b) go into a convent.
(c) conceive a child.
(d) divorce the Count.
12. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
(a) his tools.
(b) a chair.
(c) a brick.
(d) an axe.
13. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
(b) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(c) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
(d) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
14. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(c) the Countess.
15. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a kiss.
(b) a ring.
(c) a rabbit's foot.
(d) a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
2. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
3. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
4. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
5. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)