|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
(b) because it has a lovely view.
(c) because it is close to their Master's room.
(d) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
2. Who is Antonio?
(a) the butler.
(b) the cook.
(c) the handyman.
(d) the gardener.
3. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
(a) she is unwell.
(b) she is unsightly.
(c) she has nothing to wear.
(d) she does not like the sun.
4. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
(a) the Count's offical address.
(b) the Count's specific orders.
(c) the name of the regiment.
(d) the Count's official seal.
5. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
6. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(b) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(c) She will stay in her room.
(d) She can no longer marry Figaro.
7. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
(a) a presitgious regiment in England.
(b) a prestigious regiment in the court.
(c) a prestigious regiment in the navy.
(d) a prestigious regiment in the army.
8. What does the Count ask after he proclaims that love still exists and agrees to the ceremony?
(a) he asks to postpone the ceremony.
(b) he asks others for input of what he should do next.
(c) he asks to invite more people to the ceremony.
(d) he asks to speed up the ceremony.
9. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(c) Dr. Bartholo.
10. How does Cherubin act when he runs out of the dressing room?
11. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be discreet.
(b) he can be difficult.
(c) he can be helpful.
(d) he can be trusted.
12. What does Marceline have that she says binds Figaro to her?
(a) a document.
(b) a promise.
(c) a child.
(d) a ring.
13. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
14. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
(a) his beloved.
(b) his siblings.
(c) his children.
(d) his family.
15. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a kiss.
(b) a ring.
(c) a rabbit's foot.
(d) a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Suzanne?
2. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
3. What explanation does Figaro give as the reason why a man wants to possess another man's wife?
4. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
5. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)