|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) Marceline and Bartholo.
(b) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(c) Cherubin and the Count.
(d) the Count and the Countess.
2. What does the Count do before he exits with an anxious Countess?
(a) he apologizes to Suzanne.
(b) he takes the dress.
(c) he leaves the key on the bedpost.
(d) he locks the other door in the room.
3. What is the Countess's explanation to the Count as he enters the bedchamber?
(a) She and Suzanne need privacy for trying on clothes.
(b) She and Suzanne need privacy to put on makeup.
(c) She and Suzanne need privacy to talk .
(d) She and Suzane need privacy to choose perfumes.
4. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
5. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) her wedding dress.
(b) a new robe.
(c) a wreath of flowers.
(d) a bridesmaid dress.
6. While Cherubin is in the chair and the Count is behind the chair, where is Figaro?
(a) in the garden.
(b) looking for the Count.
(c) looking for Suzanne.
(d) in the foyer.
7. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
(b) the Count.
8. What does Suzanne tell Figaro is missing from the commission papers?
(a) the official seal.
(b) Cherubin's signature.
(c) the stamp of the regiment.
(d) the postage.
9. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(b) She can no longer marry Figaro.
(c) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(d) She will stay in her room.
10. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she begins to decorate the room.
(b) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(c) she wants another room.
(d) she is overjoyed.
11. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(b) Her plans to divorce him.
(c) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
(d) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
12. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) making money.
(b) a new career.
(c) his country.
(d) his music.
13. Who is Antonio related to?
(a) the Countess.
14. Who does the Count wonder about as Suzanne and the Countess laughingly comment on the way that Figaro cannot stop his manipulations, who does the Count wonder about?
(d) Dr. Bartholo.
15. Who does Bazile comment that Cherbuin will have to be careful around?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
2. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
3. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
4. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
5. How does Suzanne react when Bazile tells her that everyone is saying she has loose morals?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)