|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) sing his song for her.
(b) tell her a story.
(c) dance his dance for her.
(d) take a nap.
2. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
(b) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the dowry law.
(d) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
3. What has Figaro arranged to be delivered to the Count hinting that the Countess is seeing another man?
(c) a telegram.
(d) a letter.
4. Who does Figaro say a man always defends?
(a) his siblings.
(b) his family.
(c) his beloved.
(d) his children.
5. What does Antonio find that fell from the jumper's pocket?
(a) the Count's papers.
(b) an important bill.
(c) Cherubin's commission.
(d) the letter.
6. Who does Antonio claim he saw jumping out of the window?
7. Why does Suzanne agree to not tell even Figaro of the change in plans?
(a) it will give her more freedom.
(b) it will ensure safety.
(c) it will make her marriage take place.
(d) it will settle the Count's temper.
8. How does Suzanne explain how Cherubin got away to the Countess?
(a) he sprinted out the doorway.
(b) he dressed as a woman in disguise.
(c) he jumped out the window.
(d) he is hiding in the next bedchamber.
9. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
(a) she begins to decorate the room.
(b) she is overjoyed.
(c) she leaves the room in upset silence.
(d) she wants another room.
10. What instrument does Bazile play?
(a) the harp.
(b) the guitar.
(c) the violin.
(d) the piano.
11. If Cherubin is discovered, what will they say the Count forgot to do?
(a) give him back his original duties.
(b) give him his commission papers.
(c) provide transportation .
(d) sign a release form.
12. Which character does Suzanne tell Figaro has been banished?
13. What is Suzanne trying on as Figaro is busy measuring?
(a) a new robe.
(b) her wedding dress.
(c) a wreath of flowers.
(d) a bridesmaid dress.
14. What does the Count tell Bazile to commit to instead of a woman?
(a) his country.
(b) a new career.
(c) making money.
(d) his music.
15. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be trusted.
(b) he can be helpful.
(c) he can be discreet.
(d) he can be difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bazile say he wishes to advance his claim for the hand of?
2. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
3. Why sort of missions does the Count want Figaro to take on?
4. What sound summons Suzanne to the Countess?
5. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)