|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Cherubin and the Countess after the presentation of flowers in honor of Suzanne's wedding?
(a) the Countess gives Cherubin his commission papers.
(b) The Countess gives Cherubin a kiss.
(c) Cherubin gives the Countess a kiss.
(d) Cherubin gives the Countess a ring.
2. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(b) Her plans to divorce him.
(c) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
(d) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
3. What theater tactic do both Figaro and the Count use to show their true intentions?
(a) a mask.
(b) a soliloquy.
(c) body language.
(d) an aside.
4. What is the Count's reason for wooing Suzanne in terms of his relationship with the Countess?
(a) a marriage needs lust to sustain it.
(b) a marriage needs love to sustain it.
(c) a marriage needs variety to sustain it.
(d) a marriage needs spontaneity to sustain it.
5. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
(a) bad luck.
(b) the letter.
(c) poor timing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marceline and Bartholo struggle with in terms of Brid-Oisin?
2. What does the Countess discover is missing when she examines Cherubin's papers?
3. What does the Countess urge the Count to do instead of take a vow of revenge?
4. Who does Suzanne, pretending to be the Countess, flirt with incessantly and even becomes angry with enough to slap?
5. What does the Count propose she do that evening instead of either Suzanne or Cherubin?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)