|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of mercy.
(b) a letter of agreement.
(c) a letter of annulment.
(d) a letter of leniency.
2. Who is Suzanne?
(a) both a and b.
(b) Bartholo's cousin.
(c) the Countess' maid.
(d) Figaro's bride-to-be.
3. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
(a) she does not like the sun.
(b) she is unsightly.
(c) she has nothing to wear.
(d) she is unwell.
4. What does the Count blame the arguments between he and the Countess on?
(b) bad luck.
(c) the letter.
(d) poor timing.
5. What does the Countess say she has decided to do because she feels she is the victim of suspicion and anger?
(a) conceive a child.
(b) take a lover.
(c) go into a convent.
(d) divorce the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Figaro does not follow court orders, what will result?
2. What does Bartholo reveal?
3. How does Figaro respond to Bazile's comment regarding Cherubin being careful around Fanchette?
4. How does Suzanne respond to finding out what bedroom Figaro and she will share after marriage?
5. What is the only phrase that Figaro thinks he needs to know in English?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)