|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the dowry law.
(b) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
(d) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
2. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
(a) because it is close to their Master's room.
(b) because it has a lovely view.
(c) because it is wide enough for a good bed.
(d) because the floorboards don't makes noise.
3. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(b) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
(c) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(d) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
4. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(b) She can no longer marry Figaro.
(c) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(d) She will stay in her room.
5. In addition to Figaro, which character is also in on the plot to have Cherubin stay?
(b) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Suzanne of the Count's intentions concerning the old law?
2. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
3. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
4. When does Cherubin have to leave for his new assignment?
5. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)