|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(b) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(c) She will stay in her room.
(d) She can no longer marry Figaro.
2. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
(a) he can be difficult.
(b) he can be helpful.
(c) he can be discreet.
(d) he can be trusted.
3. What does Figaro playfully tease Marceline about?
(a) Her plans to sue him for neglect.
(b) Her plans to sue him for breach of promise of marriage.
(c) Her plans to divorce him.
(d) Her plans to sue him for her illegitimate child.
4. What will potentially happen if Suzanne pretends to go along with the Count's scheme?
(a) there will be more dowry money.
(b) there will be a bigger room.
(c) there will be a higher rank.
(d) there will be misfortune.
5. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
(a) a ring.
(b) a hug.
(c) a kiss.
(d) a rabbit's foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tries to talk Suzanne into giving in to the Count's demands?
2. After careful consideration, what does the Count announce Cherubin be given command of?
3. How does Suzanne insult Marceline after she brings in one of the Countess' dresses?
4. Who is plotting with Figaro to win Marceline for himself?
5. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)