|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marceline hand to Figaro that announce he does not have to pay his debt?
(a) a letter of annulment.
(b) a letter of mercy.
(c) a letter of agreement.
(d) a letter of leniency.
2. Who is Antonio?
(a) the cook.
(b) the handyman.
(c) the gardener.
(d) the butler.
3. How does Figaro try to cheer up Cherubin regarding his new assignment?
(a) Figaro talks about all the money to be made.
(b) Figaro alks about all the freedom to be had.
(c) Figaro talks about all the women he'll find.
(d) Figaro talks about all the excitement he'll find.
4. Which two pivotal characters will be part of the general public that is let into the courtroom?
(a) Antonio and the Countess.
(b) Fanchette and Bartholo.
(c) Fanchette and Marceline.
(d) Antonio and Fanchette.
5. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
(a) for abolishing the law about marrying royalty.
(b) for abolishing the law about marrying servant's wives.
(c) for abolishing the dowry law.
(d) for abolishing the law about sleeping with servant's wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count he need in order to get married?
2. How does Fanchette reply when the Count asks where Marceline is?
3. Which character states that he/she will take responsibility for what takes place in the garden?
4. What does Cherubin pointedly say to the Count after he admits that his previous actions were unwise?
5. Who does the letter say Figaro should marry?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)