|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Countess promise Suzanne despite the Count's recent actions?
(a) Suzanne will marry the Count.
(b) Suzanne will marry no man.
(c) Suzanne will marry Figaro.
(d) Suzanne will marry Cherubin.
2. What does the Countess urge Cherubin to do when he comes in to the bedchamber upset about having to leave?
(a) take a nap.
(b) sing his song for her.
(c) tell her a story.
(d) dance his dance for her.
3. How does the Countess try to prepare the Count for the discovery of Cherubin?
(a) she remains calm and speaks little.
(b) she says she was just playing a little joke.
(c) she says she was unaware of who was in the room.
(d) she blames Suzanne.
4. Which two characters are plotting to stop the marriage of Figaro and Suzanne?
(a) Cherubin and the Count.
(b) the Count and the Countess.
(c) Bartholo and Cherubin.
(d) Marceline and Bartholo.
5. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
(a) How he lost his money.
(b) How he lost Rosine.
(c) How he lost Marceline.
(d) How he lost his friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro want to publicly express thanks to the Count for?
2. Who does Figaro send up to be dressed and coached on how to become a woman?
3. What action does Suzanne describe as Figaro "being in his element"?
4. According to Figaro, why is the bedroom perfect?
5. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)