|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count swear to Suzanne after he realizes that Cherubin has heard the entire conversation and is banished?
(a) She will stay in her room.
(b) She can apologize but will not be forgiven .
(c) She will have to leave the castle grounds indefinitely.
(d) She can no longer marry Figaro.
2. What does the Count say he's going to get out in order to break the door open?
(a) an axe.
(b) a chair.
(c) his tools.
(d) a brick.
3. Which character wants to marry Figaro, even if she has to plot to do it?
(c) the Countess.
4. What is Figaro measuring as the play opens?
(a) the bathtub.
(b) the closet space.
(c) the cabinets.
(d) the floor.
5. Why has Dr. Bartholo been sent to the castle?
(a) the Countess is pregnant.
(b) the Countess is depressed.
(c) the Countess requires medication.
(d) the Countess is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cherubin hide as the Count approaches the Countess's bedchamber?
2. What misfortune does Figaro tease Bartholo about?
3. What does Figaro give Suzanne for luck?
4. After the Count shows the Countess a letter suggesting that she'll be meeting a lover, what is the explanation the Countess gives the Count why she won't be leaving her room all that day?
5. What is heard coming from the dressing room just as the Count comments that it's a good thing Dr. Bartholo is near?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)