|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would Marley get paid for the movie he was in?
(c) $10 an hour.
2. John phoned Jenny in Boston about Marley's digestive system condition and what did they decide to do about it?
(a) Let him die if that was what was inevitable.
(b) Get him into surgery as soon as possible.
(c) Take him another vet for a second opinion.
(d) Wait until Jenny and the kids returned home to decide.
3. Marley changed after moving north, but what did he never lose interest in?
(a) Chasing cats.
(b) Riding in the car.
(c) Watching television.
4. When Jenny had to stay in the hospital for twelve days, what was the atmosphere like at home?
(a) John handled everything well and Marley behaved perfectly.
(b) Quiet - John had taken Patrick and Marley to his parents' home.
(c) John couldn't cope and called his sister to help.
(d) The rules were relaxed.
5. What was the name of the Grogans new neighbor?
(c) Mountain Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Grogans decide to do during their first spring in the north?
2. What caused Marley to be forever banned from Dog Beach?
3. What happened on their way home from the Grogans' Christmas vacation?
4. What did the Grogans name their second son?
5. The family decided to move to Boca Raton. What does Boca Raton mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident showed that Marley did not really fit in in Boca Raton?
2. Marley recovered from his illness. How did John know that Marley was back to his old self?
3. What happened not long after John's new job in Philadelphia began? What was the result of this for Marley?
4. Before Jenny and the children returned from Boston, Marley became dangerously ill. What was wrong with him and what was the outlook?
5. Soon after Marley filmed his part in the movie, the Grogans decided it was time to move. They chose Boca Raton as their new home. Why was this a little embarrassing for John?
6. How did Marley behave on dog beach and what was the result?
7. What was the result of John's interview with Organic Gardening magazine?
8. What did John notice about Marley soon after they moved to Pennsylvania? Give some examples.
9. Jenny started feeling labor pains at twenty-one weeks into her third pregnancy. What was the result of this for Jenny and for John, Patrick, and Marley?
10. What did Patrick and Conor expect to see in their new home state and why?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)