|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eating outside was a big part of the restaurant scene in Boca Raton. How did this turn into a disaster for the Grogans?
(a) Marley scared a little girl who wouldn't stop screaming.
(b) Marley dragged a table right through a restaurant eating area.
(c) Marley got loose and grabbed food off people's plates.
(d) Marley bit a customer at the next table.
2. In chapter 24, John told the reader how Marley had aged. How old was Marley at this point?
3. What happened on their way home from the Grogans' Christmas vacation?
(a) The stopped at a Lab breeder to check out the puppies.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They crashed the van.
(d) They got a call saying Marley was not well.
4. What did the Grogans name their third child?
5. What was the style of the Grogans' new house in Boca Rotan?
(a) A condo townhouse.
(b) A two storey Cape Cod.
(c) A three bedroom bungalow.
(d) A four bedroom ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did most of the Grogans' friends think about John and Jenny's expecting their third child?
2. John built a shelter for the farm animals. Why did he include a door that could be closed at night?
3. What did the second baby suffer from for four months?
4. What challenge did the Grogans face after the arrival of their second child?
5. What was a consideration for the Grogans in finding a new place to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marley behave on dog beach and what was the result?
2. John was dedicated to an organic living style, so the family decided to invest in something. What was it and why? In regards to this, what did their neighbor warn them not to do, but they did anyway?
3. What was the family hoping for in regard to the weather in their new home in the north? What was the outcome of this?
4. Before Jenny and the children returned from Boston, Marley became dangerously ill. What was wrong with him and what was the outlook?
5. What happened when Jenny was allowed to get up after being in bed for twelve weeks during her pregnancy with Conor?
6. Soon after Marley filmed his part in the movie, the Grogans decided it was time to move. They chose Boca Raton as their new home. Why was this a little embarrassing for John?
7. The Grogans went to Disney World just before Christmas, 2003. What happened to Marley just after they came back? What do John and Jenny decide to do about Marley?
8. Jenny started feeling labor pains at twenty-one weeks into her third pregnancy. What was the result of this for Jenny and for John, Patrick, and Marley?
9. What did John notice about Marley soon after they moved to Pennsylvania? Give some examples.
10. What were four reasons the Grogans decided to move to Boca Raton?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)