|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the vet tell John about Marley's condition?
(a) Marley had only minutes to live.
(b) If it happened again he would need serious surgery.
(c) A couple of stitches would solve the problem.
(d) It was very common in Labs.
2. What did John and Marley use to take a wild ride down their snow covered hill?
(a) A sled.
(b) An aluminum saucer.
(c) A large piece of cardboard.
(d) A toboggan.
3. In 2003 John went to a town to observe the second anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks. Which town did he go to?
4. The Grogans had paid less for their farm animals than normal. Why?
(a) The animals hadn't had their gender identified.
(b) The animals were not able to breed.
(c) John did some free work for the farmer.
(d) The animals were in poor health.
5. Which of the following was not a reason the Grogans moved to Boca Raton?
(a) There were good parks.
(b) They found the perfect house in the perfect spot.
(c) A lot of doctors practiced there.
(d) There were good schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John decide to do that took him to a place called Emmaus?
2. What happened to the movie Marley was in?
3. Marley ended up at the vet while Jenny and the kids were in Boston. Something was wrong with his digestive system. What was wrong with it?
4. As Marley aged, what part of the house gave him real problems?
5. When Jenny had to stay in the hospital for twelve days, what was the atmosphere like at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life like for the Grogans after Conor's birth?
2. What incident showed that Marley did not really fit in in Boca Raton?
3. The summer after John started his new job in Philadelphia, Jenny took the kids to visit her sister in Boston. What did John have to do about Marley?
4. What was the family hoping for in regard to the weather in their new home in the north? What was the outcome of this?
5. Soon after Marley filmed his part in the movie, the Grogans decided it was time to move. They chose Boca Raton as their new home. Why was this a little embarrassing for John?
6. What were the sequence of events behind John's getting an interview at Organic Gardening magazine?
7. John decided to leave Organic Gardening after realizing that life is too short not to do what one wants to do. What did he decide to do instead and how did it change his lifestyle?
8. What happened not long after John's new job in Philadelphia began? What was the result of this for Marley?
9. What happened when Jenny was allowed to get up after being in bed for twelve weeks during her pregnancy with Conor?
10. How did Marley manage to get a part in a movie? How did John feel about that?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)