|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John and Jenny went to look at Lori's litter, they met Lily, the mother of the puppies. Which three words best describe Lily?
(a) Fat, healthy, and lively.
(b) Affectionate, calm, and beautiful.
(c) Unfriendly, sad, and tired.
(d) Small, curious, and goofy.
2. What was the result of Marley's appetite for fruit?
(a) He would vomit constantly.
(b) His gums turned bright orange.
(c) The yard was full of dog droppings.
(d) His fur got very glossy.
3. What was the name of the Grogan's vet in Florida?
(a) Dr. Jay.
(b) Dr. Bailey.
(c) Dr. White.
(d) Dr. Nedermier.
4. What happened to Marley on their second trip to the vet in Chapter 9?
(a) He had an allergic reaction to a shot.
(b) He half fell out of the car window in busy traffic.
(c) He escaped and ran into busy traffic.
(d) He chased a cat.
5. How did John and Jenny teach Marley how to retrieve?
(a) He gave him with a biscuit every time he picked up a stick.
(b) A retriever trainer worked with him.
(c) Jenny and he would throw a stick back and forth to each other.
(d) John would throw Marley another stick when he brought the first one back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the second piece of advice the vet gave the Grogans that might calm Marley down?
2. What happened when John and Jenny went to the doctor for their first pregnancy check up?
3. What was the phrase John used to describe the West Palm Beach neighborhood the Grogans lived in?
4. What was Marley's most obvious characteristic as John brought him home for the first time?
5. When did John go to help his neighbor in response to her screams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Grogans see as they left Lori's and what did they realize?
2. What was happening in the Grogans' neighborhood a year or so after the birth of Patrick?
3. What did Jenny and John decide to do and why?
4. John encouraged Jenny to keep her commitment to visit with her sister even though Marley was joining their household at the same time. What was his motive behind this?
5. How did the Grogans come to name Marley?
6. What was the reason the Grogans thought about getting a dog not long after they were married?
7. What did the Grogans decide to do with Marley at the age of six months and what was the result of this?
8. The day after the news of the first pregnancy's loss, what did John buy for Jenny and what was the result of this?
9. What were a couple of issues the Grogans had to handle with Marley when he was a puppy?
10. How did John describe the first dog her ever had?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)