|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Grogans got Marley, they were living in West Palm Beach, FL. What is the weather like there in the winter?
(a) Hot, muggy, and cloudy.
(b) Warm, dry, and sunny.
(c) Cold, dry, and snowy.
(d) Cool, humid, and foggy.
2. What was true about Jenny at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) She was having a hard time with motherhood.
(b) She was fed up with Marley.
(c) She was pregnant again.
(d) She was looking for a new job.
3. What happened when John and Jenny went to the doctor for their first pregnancy check up?
(a) They found out they were having a boy.
(b) They found out Jenny had had a miscarriage.
(c) They found out they were having twins.
(d) They found out Jenny had had a false pregnancy.
4. What fruit did Marley have an insatiable appetite for?
5. What made John and Jenny decide it was time to get their first dog?
(a) John wasn't working and they thought a dog would keep him company.
(b) They lived in a rough area and wanted a guard dog.
(c) They wanted a pet and Jenny was allergic to cats.
(d) They were thinking of having a baby and they thought owning a dog would be good practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marley doing as John and the injured girl waited for the ambulance?
2. Where did John first put Marley to sleep his first night home?
3. Why is a Florida not a great place for dogs?
4. When John and Jenny left Lori's, they heard a commotion coming from the woods near her house. Who was making it?
5. Why was the dog given the full name of Grogan's Majestic Marley of Churchill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Grogans decide to do with Marley at the age of six months and what was the result of this?
2. After returning from Ireland, John and Jenny decided it was time to occasionally leave Marley alone in the house. What was the outcome of this?
3. Dr. Jay also recommended another action for Marley, to help with his behavior. What was it? What was John's reaction?
4. What were the events that surrounded baby Patrick's birth?
5. The Grogans are excited about their first pregnancy but their happiness is short lived. Why?
6. How did John describe the first dog her ever had?
7. How did the Grogans come to name Marley?
8. What was happening in the Grogans' neighborhood a year or so after the birth of Patrick?
9. Who was Buddy and what was the result of his visit to the Grogans?
10. What is the next life step that the Grogans take in Chapter 13? What was the outcome?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)