|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family decided to move to Boca Raton. What does Boca Raton mean?
(a) Back of the Rat.
(b) Mouth of the Rattlesnake.
(c) Back of the Rattlesnake.
(d) Mouth of the Rat.
2. In chapter 24, John told the reader how Marley had aged. How old was Marley at this point?
3. What did John tell himself was the reason for Marley's behavior at Dog Beach?
(a) Marley was just reacting to uptight people.
(b) Marley had diminished mental capacity.
(c) Marley just wanted to have fun.
(d) Marley was getting old.
4. What excuse did John give the people at the beach for Marley's behavior at Dog Beach?
(a) He was having a bad day.
(b) He had drunk too much seawater.
(c) He was not used to crowds and got excited.
(d) He had been out in the sun too long.
5. What happened to the movie Marley was in?
(a) It went straight to video.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It was a big hit.
(d) It wasn't a big hit, but did well.
6. Why did the Grogans take Marley to his last visit to the vet?
(a) He was gasping for air.
(b) His intestinal condition had returned again.
(c) He was coughing up blood.
(d) They couldn't detect a heartbeat.
7. In Chapter 27, Marley went to stay at the vet's for the Christmas week. Where did the family go?
(a) Disney World.
(c) New York City.
8. Soon after their second son was born, Marley ripped up a couch cushion. How did Jenny react?
(a) She pounded him with her fists.
(b) She refused to let him into the house.
(c) She kicked him.
(d) She locked him in the bathroom.
9. What is one difference between the English Lab and the American Lab?
(a) The English Lab is smaller.
(b) American Labs are not considered a real breed.
(c) The American Lab is smaller.
(d) English Labs are never black.
10. What did the Grogans really want for their third child?
(a) That it be female.
(b) That it be born five years or more after the second child.
(c) That it be born soon after the second child.
(d) That it be male.
11. What did John create for Marley out by the spruce tree on the edge of their property?
(a) A swimming hole.
(b) A fenced-in run.
(c) A large heated dog house.
(d) A cleared place for him to go bathroom.
12. What had John's mother told the Grogans that they realized was true, once they had two children?
(a) That babies grow up very fast.
(b) That children are a huge challenge.
(c) That two children is more than twice the work of one.
(d) That the financial cost of babies is high.
13. What did Marley destroy that John had bought to celebrate the second baby's birth?
(a) A flowering shrub.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A picture frame for the new baby's photo.
(d) A box of cigars.
14. What had happened in that town on September 11, 2001?
(a) The FBI caught a celll of international terrorists.
(b) A jet crashed into an army post.
(c) Terrorists took over the government buildings.
(d) A jet crashed in a field there.
15. What caused Marley to be forever banned from Dog Beach?
(a) He chased a toddler.
(b) He swam out of his depth and had to be rescued.
(c) He bit a man.
(d) He urinated, vomited, and defecated where he wasn't supposed to.
Short Answer Questions
1. John built a shelter for the farm animals. Why did he include a door that could be closed at night?
2. Marley's aging prompted John to find a new job. What was it?
3. What did the vet tell John about Marley's condition?
4. What was a consideration for the Grogans in finding a new place to live?
5. Eating outside was a big part of the restaurant scene in Boca Raton. How did this turn into a disaster for the Grogans?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)