|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John built a shelter for the farm animals. Why did he include a door that could be closed at night?
(a) To keep the children out.
(b) To keep predators out.
(c) To keep the farm animals in.
(d) To keep it warm.
2. What is one difference between the English Lab and the American Lab?
(a) The English Lab is smaller.
(b) English Labs are never black.
(c) The American Lab is smaller.
(d) American Labs are not considered a real breed.
3. What had happened in that town on September 11, 2001?
(a) A jet crashed in a field there.
(b) Terrorists took over the government buildings.
(c) A jet crashed into an army post.
(d) The FBI caught a celll of international terrorists.
4. Marley's aging prompted John to find a new job. What was it?
(a) The editor of a major city newspaper.
(b) The editor of a magazine about pets.
(c) A college teacher.
(d) A writing job as a newspaper columnist.
5. Marley got the movie audition because a film crew had just been to film the Grogan family as a typical Florida family. What was the purpose of this film?
(a) It was an assignment for university film students.
(b) They wanted to use that information for a movie they were going to do.
(c) It was going to be used to promote attracting residents to the state.
(d) It was part of an anthropology course.
6. What was John's reaction to Marley's getting a film audition?
7. What did the Grogans really want for their third child?
(a) That it be male.
(b) That it be born five years or more after the second child.
(c) That it be born soon after the second child.
(d) That it be female.
8. What did Jenny want Marley to experience when they moved north?
(a) Other dogs his size.
(b) Quiet country roads.
(c) The falling of leaves in autumn.
(d) A winter blizzard.
9. What happened to the movie Marley was in?
(a) It was a big hit.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It went straight to video.
(d) It wasn't a big hit, but did well.
10. Why were the Grogan kids disappointed with their first Christmas in their new northern home?
(a) They missed sunny Florida.
(b) It was twenty below zero.
(c) There was no snow.
(d) They got very few presents.
11. What was true about the majority of beaches in South Florida when the Grogans lived there?
(a) They had banned dogs.
(b) They were open to pets.
(c) They were private.
(d) They were polluted.
12. How did the director want Marley to be trained for the movie he was in?
(a) Marley would be tranquilized.
(b) He trained Marley himself.
(c) He had two professional trainers for Marley.
(d) He just wanted Marley to be himself.
13. What did John decide to do that took him to a place called Emmaus?
(a) Edit the website for J.I. Rodale's magazine.
(b) Buy J.I. Rodale's magazine.
(c) Become the head writer for J.I. Rodale's magazine.
(d) Apply for an editing job with J.I. Rodale's magazine.
14. What was Marley's response to the farm animals?
(a) He thought of them as his own pets.
(b) He chased them constantly.
(c) He was afraid of them.
(d) He didn't care much one way or the other.
15. What habit had Marley developed as he got older?
(a) Going to the bathroom inside the house.
(b) Pulling the fur on his belly out.
(c) Being fussy about where he went to the bathroom.
(d) Licking his feet over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge did the Grogans face after the arrival of their second child?
2. What conclusion did John arrive at by reading Woodhouse's book?
3. Marley changed after moving north, but what did he never lose interest in?
4. What did John realize as he sat at the site of the 9/11 second anniversary?
5. Marley recovered from the digestive crisis and was soon recuperating. What incident told John that Marley was on the road to recovery?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)