|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was true about Jenny at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) She was pregnant again.
(b) She was fed up with Marley.
(c) She was having a hard time with motherhood.
(d) She was looking for a new job.
2. In her fifth month of pregnancy, what did Jenny send John out to buy one Sunday night at eight o'clock?
(a) Baby food.
(b) Baby socks.
(c) Baby toys.
(d) Baby formula.
3. Why was the dog given the full name of Grogan's Majestic Marley of Churchill?
(a) Their breeder asked them to.
(b) John admired Winston Churchill.
(c) To register him as a purebred Labrador retriever.
(d) As a joke.
4. After Jenny came home from her first doctor's appointment in Chapter 6, how did Marley react?
(a) He knocked her over and licked her face.
(b) He put his head in Jenny's lap.
(c) He hid under the bed.
(d) He howled.
5. Who in particular did not like Marley's freedom around baby Patrick?
(a) John's mother.
(b) John's sister.
(c) Jenny's mother.
6. What did John say when he stepped out into the waiting area holding a "tiny swaddled football"?
(a) Es el nino!
(b) I'm glad it's over!
(c) C'est un garcon!
(d) It's a boy!
7. What were John and Jenny's occupations when they adopted Marley?
(a) They were teachers.
(b) They were newspaper writers.
(c) They were accountants.
(d) They were healthcare workers.
8. What did the Grogans decide to do just weeks after bringing Marley home?
(a) Buy a new house.
(b) Get another dog.
(c) Get jobs closer to home.
(d) Try to get pregnant.
9. How did John discover that hospital pain relief is a "luxury"?
(a) The poor had to pay for it and usually went without.
(b) He was charged $1000 a shot.
(c) The hospital didn't provide it on the indigent ward.
(d) The hospital often ran out of the medication.
10. What was the name of the dog that Marley had his first playdate with?
11. Which Canadian province did Labrador Retrievers originate in?
(b) British Columbia.
(d) Nova Scotia.
12. While they were on vacation, what did John and Jenny do about Marley?
(a) They boarded him at the vet's.
(b) They put him in a kennel.
(c) They left him at John's brother's place.
(d) They got someone to stay in their house to take care of him.
13. What did the Grogans decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Try for another baby.
(c) Take Marley to a new trainer.
(d) Change vets.
14. As the Grogans welcomed their new baby what was happening to their neighborhood?
(a) The crime was increasing.
(b) Their friends and neighbors were moving out.
(c) A huge mall was going up at the end of their block.
(d) Several new subdivisions were being built.
15. What nickname did John give the obedience trainer?
(a) The Dog Driller.
(b) Miss Domineering.
(c) Miss Dominatrix.
(d) Mrs. Do-it-Right.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marley react to thunderstorms?
2. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
3. Why is a Florida not a great place for dogs?
4. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
5. The Grogans decided to enroll Marley in obedience classes. Why wouldn't the trainer allow both of them to work with Marley?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)