|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first got Marley, John was hoping to make some money off of the dog. How?
(a) By charging stud fees.
(b) By hiring him out as a rescue dog.
(c) By training him as a guide dog.
(d) By using him in commercials and movies.
2. As the Grogans welcomed their new baby what was happening to their neighborhood?
(a) Their friends and neighbors were moving out.
(b) A huge mall was going up at the end of their block.
(c) Several new subdivisions were being built.
(d) The crime was increasing.
3. How was John feeling as they awaited the results of the pregnancy test?
4. What did John resume with Marley after the Grogans returned from their trip?
(a) Teaching him how to heel.
(b) Dealing with his fears.
(c) Getting him used to babies.
(d) Teaching him how to retrieve.
5. What was one way John let Marley get used to their first baby?
(a) He brought Marley into the hospital to meet Patrick.
(b) He let Marley sleep in the baby's room.
(c) He asked their neighbor with a baby to take care of Marley.
(d) He brought home one of the baby's diapers from the hospital for Marley to sniff.
6. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
(a) To rattle the cage.
(b) To press down on the car horn.
(c) To yell.
(d) To jump in front of the dog and yell "boo!"
7. A few weeks after Marley joined their household, Jenny thought she was pregnant. What did the Grogans do?
(a) They went to the doctor and had a test done.
(b) They took Marley on a midnight ride to buy a test kit.
(c) They had a party to celebrate.
(d) They bought two test kits to double-check the results.
8. In her fifth month of pregnancy, what did Jenny send John out to buy one Sunday night at eight o'clock?
(a) Baby toys.
(b) Baby socks.
(c) Baby formula.
(d) Baby food.
9. Who in particular did not like Marley's freedom around baby Patrick?
(a) Jenny's mother.
(b) John's sister.
(c) John's mother.
10. When did John go to help his neighbor in response to her screams?
(a) One rainy November evening.
(b) One cool October morning.
(c) One hot October night.
(d) One cold December afternoon.
11. Where did John and Jenny take Marley to teach him retrieving?
(a) A soccer field.
(b) A friend's backyard.
(c) The park.
(d) The beach.
12. Why did friends of the couple tell the Grogans their house was already baby-proofed?
(a) They had hardly any furniture.
(b) They had put everything away because of Marley's tail.
(c) They had put everything up out of the reach of Marley's mouth.
(d) They had the perfect guard dog.
13. Which Canadian province did Labrador Retrievers originate in?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(d) British Columbia.
14. After Jenny came home from her first doctor's appointment in Chapter 6, how did Marley react?
(a) He put his head in Jenny's lap.
(b) He howled.
(c) He hid under the bed.
(d) He knocked her over and licked her face.
15. What happened in the house situated kitty-corner from the Grogans in West Palm Beach?
(a) A woman was murdered.
(b) Someone set fire to it.
(c) A girl was knifed.
(d) A family was taken hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the dog given the full name of Grogan's Majestic Marley of Churchill?
2. What device was being used at the obedience classes to help train the dogs?
3. What was the name of the Grogan's vet in Florida?
4. What did the Grogans' Florida vet suggest they do to deal with Marley's fear of thunderstorms?
5. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)