|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two: In the Land of Pencils and Chapter Twenty-three: Poultry on Parade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jenny came home from her first doctor's appointment in Chapter 6, how did Marley react?
(a) He put his head in Jenny's lap.
(b) He howled.
(c) He knocked her over and licked her face.
(d) He hid under the bed.
2. What was the "Marley Memo" mentioned in Chapter 10 referring to?
(a) A list of Marley's allergy symptoms.
(b) A list of places Marley had been banned from.
(c) A list of instructions for Marley's care while the Grogans were away.
(d) A list of dogs Marley could play with.
3. What did John tell himself was the reason for Marley's behavior at Dog Beach?
(a) Marley had diminished mental capacity.
(b) Marley was just reacting to uptight people.
(c) Marley just wanted to have fun.
(d) Marley was getting old.
4. When John and Jenny went to look at Lori's litter, they met Lily, the mother of the puppies. Which three words best describe Lily?
(a) Fat, healthy, and lively.
(b) Small, curious, and goofy.
(c) Affectionate, calm, and beautiful.
(d) Unfriendly, sad, and tired.
5. What did the Grogans decide should be done to avoid having another miscarriage?
(a) Not to use any chemicals around the house.
(b) John would take full charge of Marley.
(c) Jenny should only work part time.
(d) Jenny should stop jogging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 19 that makes John rethink Marley's reactions to thunderstorms?
2. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
3. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
4. When did Jenny find out she was pregnant again?
5. Marley changed after moving north, but what did he never lose interest in?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)