|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two: In the Land of Pencils and Chapter Twenty-three: Poultry on Parade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they were on vacation, what did John and Jenny do about Marley?
(a) They boarded him at the vet's.
(b) They got someone to stay in their house to take care of him.
(c) They put him in a kennel.
(d) They left him at John's brother's place.
2. What was one way John let Marley get used to their first baby?
(a) He let Marley sleep in the baby's room.
(b) He brought home one of the baby's diapers from the hospital for Marley to sniff.
(c) He brought Marley into the hospital to meet Patrick.
(d) He asked their neighbor with a baby to take care of Marley.
3. What did Jenny tell John to do about Marley after he ripped up the couch cushion?
(a) To put a muzzle on him.
(b) To get rid of him.
(c) To take him to a dog psychiatrist.
(d) To build an enclosed run for him in the yard.
4. What did John resume with Marley after the Grogans returned from their trip?
(a) Teaching him how to heel.
(b) Teaching him how to retrieve.
(c) Getting him used to babies.
(d) Dealing with his fears.
5. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
(a) The house already had an attached kennel.
(b) They were miles from anyone.
(c) All their neighbors had dogs.
(d) They had a fenced one-quarter acre yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
2. What did John do two months after first going to Emmaus?
3. Eating outside was a big part of the restaurant scene in Boca Raton. How did this turn into a disaster for the Grogans?
4. When it came to dog breeds, why did John and Jenny choose a Labrador retriever?
5. When Marley was ready to join John and Jenny at home, John was glad Jenny would be away. Why?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)