|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-two: In the Land of Pencils and Chapter Twenty-three: Poultry on Parade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main reason the Grogans decided it was time to leave West Palm Beach?
(a) Marley was getting too big for the yard.
(b) The area was too violent.
(c) Their house was too small.
(d) They were going to lose some land to road development.
2. When Marley was ready to join John and Jenny at home, John was glad Jenny would be away. Why?
(a) He wanted to male-bond with Marley.
(b) He knew Jenny was nervous with puppies.
(c) He was afraid Jenny would send Marley back.
(d) He wanted Marley to get used to one person at a time.
3. What was the name of the Grogans new neighbor?
(a) Mountain Dan.
4. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
(a) To rattle the cage.
(b) To yell.
(c) To press down on the car horn.
(d) To jump in front of the dog and yell "boo!"
5. Who came to help out after Jenny got home from the hospital?
(a) Aunt Anita.
(b) Aunt Esther.
(c) Aunt Margaret.
(d) Aunt Althea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first got Marley, John was hoping to make some money off of the dog. How?
2. What happened to Marley on their second trip to the vet in Chapter 9?
3. Why was the dog given the full name of Grogan's Majestic Marley of Churchill?
4. What did the Grogans decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What does author John Grogan call the place where he got his childhood dog?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)