|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: Welcome to the Indigent Ward and Chapter Thirteen: A Scream in the Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After almost two years of marriage, where did the Grogans decide to go on vacation?
2. How did John discover that hospital pain relief is a "luxury"?
(a) He was charged $1000 a shot.
(b) The hospital didn't provide it on the indigent ward.
(c) The poor had to pay for it and usually went without.
(d) The hospital often ran out of the medication.
3. What did the Grogans decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Try for another baby.
(b) Change vets.
(c) Take Marley to a new trainer.
4. When Marley was ready to join John and Jenny at home, John was glad Jenny would be away. Why?
(a) He wanted to male-bond with Marley.
(b) He wanted Marley to get used to one person at a time.
(c) He knew Jenny was nervous with puppies.
(d) He was afraid Jenny would send Marley back.
5. Why did friends of the couple tell the Grogans their house was already baby-proofed?
(a) They had the perfect guard dog.
(b) They had put everything away because of Marley's tail.
(c) They had put everything up out of the reach of Marley's mouth.
(d) They had hardly any furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does John give the reader about getting a dog?
2. How was John feeling as they awaited the results of the pregnancy test?
3. Marley was named after the late singer Bob Marley. What kind of music did he make?
4. What did John resume with Marley after the Grogans returned from their trip?
5. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)