|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six: Matters of the Heart and Chapter Seven: Master and Beast.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John feeling as they awaited the results of the pregnancy test?
2. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
(a) To rattle the cage.
(b) To press down on the car horn.
(c) To jump in front of the dog and yell "boo!"
(d) To yell.
3. Which Canadian province did Labrador Retrievers originate in?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(c) British Columbia.
4. What made John and Jenny decide it was time to get their first dog?
(a) They wanted a pet and Jenny was allergic to cats.
(b) John wasn't working and they thought a dog would keep him company.
(c) They were thinking of having a baby and they thought owning a dog would be good practice.
(d) They lived in a rough area and wanted a guard dog.
5. Why did they decide to adopt one of Lori's puppies?
(a) She was the only Labrador retriever breeder in the area.
(b) They didn't want to get a dog from a puppy mill.
(c) Lori's prices were cheap.
(d) They knew several of Lori's dogs and they were all great pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. A couple of days after Jenny came home from the doctor's appointment, John bought her some flowers. What did Marley do to them?
2. How did John's father react when Shaun died?
3. What was Marley's most obvious characteristic as John brought him home for the first time?
4. When Marley was ready to join John and Jenny at home, John was glad Jenny would be away. Why?
5. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)