|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Mr. Wiggles and Chapter Five: The Test Strip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John and Jenny left Lori's, they heard a commotion coming from the woods near her house. Who was making it?
(a) Marley's father, who was running through the woods.
(b) Lily, who was rounding up her litter.
(c) Lori, who was chasing deer out of the garden.
(d) Lori's son, who was shooting his hunting rifle.
2. When the Grogans got Marley, they were living in West Palm Beach, FL. What is the weather like there in the winter?
(a) Cool, humid, and foggy.
(b) Cold, dry, and snowy.
(c) Warm, dry, and sunny.
(d) Hot, muggy, and cloudy.
3. What did John call his first dog?
(a) Simply Shaun.
(b) Saint Shaun.
(c) Shifty Shaun.
(d) Silent Shaun.
4. While the Grogans were getting used to the news of Jenny's pregnancy, what did Marley do?
(a) He jumped up and slobbered joyfully all over Jenny and John.
(b) He ripped up a sofa cushion.
(c) He ate their celebration dinner right off the table.
(d) He somehow got the pregnancy test strip in his mouth.
5. When he first got Marley, John was hoping to make some money off of the dog. How?
(a) By hiring him out as a rescue dog.
(b) By using him in commercials and movies.
(c) By training him as a guide dog.
(d) By charging stud fees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Marley's most obvious characteristic as John brought him home for the first time?
2. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
3. Why did friends of the couple tell the Grogans their house was already baby-proofed?
4. What dog show did John dream about entering his new puppy in?
5. What were John and Jenny's occupations when they adopted Marley?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)