|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Mr. Wiggles and Chapter Five: The Test Strip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after they found out Jenny was pregnant, the Grogans had to treat Marley for fleas. Why did this worry them?
(a) Jenny was highly allergic to fleas.
(b) His ears were full of flea bites and could get infected.
(c) They used pesticides to treat the lawn.
(d) They thought they'd never get rid of them.
2. Why was the dog given the full name of Grogan's Majestic Marley of Churchill?
(a) To register him as a purebred Labrador retriever.
(b) Their breeder asked them to.
(c) John admired Winston Churchill.
(d) As a joke.
3. How did John's father react when Shaun died?
(a) He put a notice in the newspaper.
(b) He cried.
(c) He bought John a new dog.
(d) He put up a plaque on the doghouse.
4. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
(a) To yell.
(b) To rattle the cage.
(c) To press down on the car horn.
(d) To jump in front of the dog and yell "boo!"
5. What advice does John give the reader about getting a dog?
(a) Take care of a friend's dog first for practice.
(b) To research the breed you want before getting one.
(c) Don't get a dog from a pet store.
(d) Don't get a puppy if you can't stay home all day with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was John feeling as they awaited the results of the pregnancy test?
2. What does author John Grogan call the place where he got his childhood dog?
3. Why is a Florida not a great place for dogs?
4. What was the first thing John and Jenny fought about regarding the puppy?
5. In describing John's first dog, which of the following would not be true?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)