|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Mr. Wiggles and Chapter Five: The Test Strip.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a Florida not a great place for dogs?
(a) The locals don't like them.
(b) There are lots of ticks and fleas.
(c) There are a lot of laws about pet ownership.
(d) The weather is too hard on them.
2. What was the dance name the Grogans gave to Marley that reflected his wiggling movements?
(a) The mambo.
(b) The rumba.
(c) The shimmy.
(d) The waltz.
3. John nicknamed Marley "Clearance Dog" when they were looking at Lori's litter. Why?
(a) Marley was clearly the smartest dog in the litter.
(b) John figured he'd wait it out and get Marley for half-price.
(c) Lori was selling him for less than the normal price.
(d) Marley could clear Lori's fence already.
4. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
(a) The house already had an attached kennel.
(b) They had a fenced one-quarter acre yard.
(c) All their neighbors had dogs.
(d) They were miles from anyone.
5. What were John and Jenny's occupations when they adopted Marley?
(a) They were newspaper writers.
(b) They were teachers.
(c) They were accountants.
(d) They were healthcare workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dog that Marley had his first playdate with?
2. While the Grogans were getting used to the news of Jenny's pregnancy, what did Marley do?
3. What medical diagnostic test would the Grogans be having a few weeks after finding out Jenny was pregnant?
4. What does author John Grogan call the place where he got his childhood dog?
5. What was the first thing John and Jenny fought about regarding the puppy?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)