|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-four: The Potty Room and Chapter Twenty-five: Beating the Odds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit did Marley have an insatiable appetite for?
2. Why did they decide to adopt one of Lori's puppies?
(a) Lori's prices were cheap.
(b) They didn't want to get a dog from a puppy mill.
(c) They knew several of Lori's dogs and they were all great pets.
(d) She was the only Labrador retriever breeder in the area.
3. Marley's aging prompted John to find a new job. What was it?
(a) The editor of a major city newspaper.
(b) A college teacher.
(c) The editor of a magazine about pets.
(d) A writing job as a newspaper columnist.
4. What was the style of the Grogans' new house in Boca Rotan?
(a) A three bedroom bungalow.
(b) A two storey Cape Cod.
(c) A four bedroom ranch.
(d) A condo townhouse.
5. When Jenny had to stay in the hospital for twelve days, what was the atmosphere like at home?
(a) John couldn't cope and called his sister to help.
(b) Quiet - John had taken Patrick and Marley to his parents' home.
(c) The rules were relaxed.
(d) John handled everything well and Marley behaved perfectly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was John and Jenny's house in West Palm Beach the perfect place to have a dog?
2. What happened when the Grogans get settled on the plane?
3. Who in particular did not like Marley's freedom around baby Patrick?
4. What was Marley's most obvious characteristic as John brought him home for the first time?
5. What did John decide to do that took him to a place called Emmaus?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)