|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-four: The Potty Room and Chapter Twenty-five: Beating the Odds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On their way back from teaching Marley how to retrieve, who did John compare Marley to?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Speedy Gonzales.
(c) Jesse James.
2. What did John tell himself was the reason for Marley's behavior at Dog Beach?
(a) Marley had diminished mental capacity.
(b) Marley just wanted to have fun.
(c) Marley was getting old.
(d) Marley was just reacting to uptight people.
3. Marley's aging prompted John to find a new job. What was it?
(a) The editor of a major city newspaper.
(b) The editor of a magazine about pets.
(c) A writing job as a newspaper columnist.
(d) A college teacher.
4. What were John and Jenny's occupations when they adopted Marley?
(a) They were accountants.
(b) They were healthcare workers.
(c) They were teachers.
(d) They were newspaper writers.
5. When it came to dog breeds, why did John and Jenny choose a Labrador retriever?
(a) All their friends had one.
(b) John wanting a dog to go hunting with.
(c) Jenny had had one as a child.
(d) Because of their "curb appeal".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't John concerned about the neighborhood they lived in in Chapter 6?
2. What does author John Grogan call the place where he got his childhood dog?
3. How did Marley react to traveling north?
4. Years later, John learned the injured girl he had helped had become successful. What was her career?
5. While the Grogans were getting used to the news of Jenny's pregnancy, what did Marley do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)