|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twenty-four: The Potty Room and Chapter Twenty-five: Beating the Odds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Marley fit into the Boca Raton scene?
(a) It was populated by tiny pampered dogs and pampered people.
(b) Labs were not "cool" dogs in Boca Raton.
(c) The city had a bylaw about large dogs.
(d) There was no room for him to exercise.
2. In describing John's first dog, which of the following would not be true?
(a) He was gold with a white blaze on his chest.
(b) He could be left alone in the house for hours.
(c) He would walk with John without a leash.
(d) He was slow to learn.
3. What book by Barbara Woodhouse did John borrow to help him modify Marley's behavior?
(a) Dog Don'ts for Ditzes.
(b) Train Your Dog Overnight.
(c) No Bad Dogs.
(d) Dogs Are for Keeps.
4. Marley liked to wander in his later years and one night he was gone for a long time. Where did John find him?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the farm animal shelter.
(c) On the neighbor's porch.
(d) Under the overhang.
5. What did Marley destroy not long after his second obedience class?
(a) The couch.
(b) The garage.
(c) His metal collar and leash.
(d) John's newly planted garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the result of Marley's appetite for fruit?
2. What was Marley doing as John and the injured girl waited for the ambulance?
3. How could the Grogans' new home in a northern State be described?
4. What was the "Marley Memo" mentioned in Chapter 10 referring to?
5. Jenny went off to Boston during summer vacation with the kids and what did John decide to do with Marley?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)