|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen: The Audition and Chapter Seventeen: In the Land of Bochantas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does John give the reader about getting a dog?
(a) Don't get a puppy if you can't stay home all day with it.
(b) Don't get a dog from a pet store.
(c) To research the breed you want before getting one.
(d) Take care of a friend's dog first for practice.
2. Marley was named after the late singer Bob Marley. What kind of music did he make?
3. The Grogans decided to enroll Marley in obedience classes. Why wouldn't the trainer allow both of them to work with Marley?
(a) She said it would be too distracting for the other dogs.
(b) She didn't believe Marley would obey Jenny.
(c) She said a dog can only answer to one master.
(d) She didn't believe Marley would obey John.
4. When did John go to help his neighbor in response to her screams?
(a) One cool October morning.
(b) One hot October night.
(c) One cold December afternoon.
(d) One rainy November evening.
5. What was the name of the movie Marley was in?
(a) Fly Catch.
(b) All the Bases.
(c) The Last Home Run.
(d) World Series Wonders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't John concerned about the neighborhood they lived in in Chapter 6?
2. What was a consideration for the Grogans in finding a new place to live?
3. What nickname did John give the obedience trainer?
4. What did the Grogans' Florida vet suggest they do to deal with Marley's fear of thunderstorms?
5. What did Marley destroy not long after his second obedience class?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)