|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen: The Audition and Chapter Seventeen: In the Land of Bochantas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A couple of days after Jenny came home from the doctor's appointment, John bought her some flowers. What did Marley do to them?
(a) He grabbed them and hid them behind the couch.
(b) He ate the daisies.
(c) He buried them in the backyard.
(d) He ate the red carnations.
2. After Jenny came home from her first doctor's appointment in Chapter 6, how did Marley react?
(a) He howled.
(b) He knocked her over and licked her face.
(c) He hid under the bed.
(d) He put his head in Jenny's lap.
3. When he first got Marley, John was hoping to make some money off of the dog. How?
(a) By using him in commercials and movies.
(b) By hiring him out as a rescue dog.
(c) By charging stud fees.
(d) By training him as a guide dog.
4. Why wasn't John concerned about the neighborhood they lived in in Chapter 6?
(a) They felt comfortable wherever they lived.
(b) He knew they'd be moving soon.
(c) He was confident the neighborhood would change soon.
(d) They had Marley to protect them.
5. What was a consideration for the Grogans in finding a new place to live?
(a) They wanted to live in an isolated spot.
(b) Jenny wanted a pool.
(c) John wanted to be nearer his workplace.
(d) They wanted to be near a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the injured girl?
2. What was true about Jenny at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What was one way John let Marley get used to their first baby?
4. How did John discover that hospital pain relief is a "luxury"?
5. What was Marley's most obvious characteristic as John brought him home for the first time?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)