Preface: The Perfect Dog and Chapter One: And Puppy Makes Three
1. What does author John Grogan call the place where he got his childhood dog?
(a) A mutt ranch.
(b) A designer breeder.
(c) A mom and pop pet store.
(d) A dog emporium.
2. When they went to pick out John's first dog, how did his father advise him to test a dog for nerves?
(a) To press down on the car horn.
(b) To jump in front of the dog and yell "boo!"
(c) To yell.
(d) To rattle the cage.
3. In describing John's first dog, which of the following would not be true?
(a) He would walk with John without a leash.
(b) He was gold with a white blaze on his chest.
(c) He could be left alone in the house for hours.
(d) He was slow to learn.
4. What did John call his first dog?
(a) Simply Shaun.
(b) Saint Shaun.
(c) Silent Shaun.
(d) Shifty Shaun.
5. How did John's father react when Shaun died?
(a) He cried.
(b) He put up a plaque on the doghouse.
(c) He bought John a new dog.
(d) He put a notice in the newspaper.
This section contains 6,319 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)