|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
2. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
3. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
4. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
5. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Twain and Olivia change throughout the course of their lives, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)