|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
2. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
3. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
4. What illness did Webster suffer from?
5. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Twain and Olivia show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)