|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elinor Glyn's occupation?
2. What was Twain amazed by when he met Rudyard Kipling?
3. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
4. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
5. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Each of Twain's siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did his/her individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)