|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
2. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
3. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
4. How much money would lecturers make each night?
5. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Twain and his father are both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their family, and their role in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Anger rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Twain's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)