|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
2. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
3. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
4. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
5. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Twain's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)