|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Twain amazed by when he met Rudyard Kipling?
2. What did Twain say he was hours after his wife died?
3. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
4. What was Suzy's sister's name?
5. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme throughout this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)