|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
2. What was the name of the lecture tour?
3. What was Elinor Glyn's occupation?
4. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
5. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)