|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
2. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
3. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
4. How does Twain describe his wife?
5. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Each of Twain's siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did his/her individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2What happens when Jean dies, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in this tragedy, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 3How did the relationship between Twain and Olivia change throughout the course of their lives, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)