|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
2. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
3. Where was Orion when he died?
4. What did Twain say he was hours after his wife died?
5. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clara is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Twain and Olivia show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Twain and Olivia change throughout the course of their lives, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)