|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
2. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
3. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
4. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
5. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
2. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
3. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
4. Who was Bret Harte?
5. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
6. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
7. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
8. How would Orion spend most of his days?
9. What did Twain do to prove the inefficiency of a phrenologist?
10. What happened when Twain swore in front of his wife for the first time?
Essay Topic 1
Twain and his father are both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their family, and their role in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme throughout this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)