|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
2. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
3. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
4. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
5. Where was Dr. Peake from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
2. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
3. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
4. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
5. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
6. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
7. What did Suzy do to punish herself for hitting her sister?
8. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
9. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
10. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Each of Twain's siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did his/her individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)