|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
2. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
3. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
4. Where was Dr. Peake from?
5. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Twain made fun of for when he first went to school?
2. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
3. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
4. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
5. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
6. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
7. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
8. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
9. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
10. How did Twain's first son die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme throughout this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Twain's life. What are some of the key examples of these theme, and how did the presence of this themes affect the main characters?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)