|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
2. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
3. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
5. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Suzy do to punish herself for hitting her sister?
2. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
3. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
4. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
5. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
6. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
7. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
8. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
9. How did Twain get people to come to his first lecture?
10. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)