|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain think about people?
2. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
3. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
4. Where was Dr. Peake from?
5. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do with the money he found on the street?
2. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
3. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
4. What happened to Olivia when she was 16, and how was she cured?
5. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
6. What did Twain say showed his intense vanity?
7. How did Twain's first son die?
8. What are Twain's pet peeves?
9. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
10. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)