|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
2. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
3. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
4. How does Twain describe his mother?
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
2. From what malady did Webster suffer, and how did this affect his business skills?
3. What are Twain's pet peeves?
4. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
5. What sad news did Twain get in 1907?
6. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
7. What happened when Henry would do something bad instead of Twain?
8. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
9. How did Twain's first son die?
10. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Twain's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Twain's life. What are some of the key examples of these theme, and how did the presence of this themes affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)