Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
2. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
3. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
4. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
5. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
2. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
3. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
4. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
5. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
6. What did Webb do when publishing Twain's first book?
7. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
8. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
9. What are Twain's pet peeves?
10. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)