|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
2. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
3. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
5. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do to try and save his wife from dying, and how did it work out?
2. How did Twain get people to come to his first lecture?
3. Why was Twain not as popular as he hoped to be when he came back from his sailing journey?
4. How did Twain say he felt after Jean's death?
5. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
6. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
7. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
8. What did Webb do when publishing Twain's first book?
9. What happened when Henry would do something bad instead of Twain?
10. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Twain and Olivia change throughout the course of their lives, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)