|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
3. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
4. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
5. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
2. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
3. What did Webb do when publishing Twain's first book?
4. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
5. How would Orion spend most of his days?
6. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
7. What are Twain's pet peeves?
8. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
9. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
10. What did Clara do to shield her mother from news of Jean's sickness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Twain's life. What are some of the key examples of these theme, and how did the presence of this themes affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Each of Twain's siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did his/her individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Twain and Olivia show their love to each other, and how do these displays alter the course of their lives?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)