|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
2. How does Twain hope to write?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
5. What made Twain a local celebrity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Henry would do something bad instead of Twain?
2. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
3. How did Twain get by after his father died?
4. What are Twain's pet peeves?
5. What did Twain say showed his intense vanity?
6. From what malady did Webster suffer, and how did this affect his business skills?
7. What did Twain do with the money he found on the street?
8. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
9. What was "The Lyceum" and how did it work?
10. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Clara is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)