|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
2. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
3. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
4. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
2. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
3. What did Twain's mother's deep compassion lead her to do?
4. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
5. How did Jean die?
6. How did Twain's first son die?
7. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
8. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
9. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
10. What did Clara do to shield her mother from news of Jean's sickness?
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Jean dies, and what significance does this have on the plot? Who is involved in this tragedy, and what does this monumental event symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols present in this book. What are these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)