|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
2. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
3. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
4. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
5. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
2. What did Suzy's family do when they heard she was sick?
3. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
4. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
5. What was "The Lyceum" and how did it work?
6. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
7. How would Orion spend most of his days?
8. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
9. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
10. How did Twain get by after his father died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Twain endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Twain and his father are both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their family, and their role in the plot?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)