|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
2. When does Twain want his book to be published?
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
5. How did Twain study the human race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
2. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
3. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
4. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
5. How did Twain get by after his father died?
6. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
7. What did Twain do to try and save his wife from dying, and how did it work out?
8. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
9. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
10. How did Twain convince Dr. Peake of the hypnotist's power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Twain and his father are both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how do these differences affect their characters, their family, and their role in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear are two attributes that are seen a number of times in this book. Where do they appear, and how does the presence of these feelings change the characters who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)