|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
2. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(b) Bret was rude to Twain.
(c) Bret abandoned his family.
(d) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
3. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Gave him a room for free.
(b) Recognized the minister.
(c) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(d) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
4. Who found Jean's body?
(d) The housekeeper.
5. What was Twain doing when Suzy fell ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
2. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
3. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
4. How much money would lecturers make each night?
5. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)