|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret was rude to Twain.
(b) Bret abandoned his family.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
2. Which of Twain's children was his favorite?
3. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
(a) They seemed confused by it.
(b) They kicked the man out.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They ignored it.
4. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
5. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Comforted him.
(b) Forgave him.
(c) Taught him.
(d) Rescued him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
2. Where did Olivia die?
3. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
4. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
5. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)