|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She got Scarlet Fever.
(c) She had a stroke.
(d) She fell on some ice.
2. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A new contract for Webster.
(b) A land auction.
(c) Grant's book.
(d) A pay cut for himself.
3. How are Twain and Webster related?
(a) Twain is Webster's brother-in-law.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Webster is Twain's grandson.
(d) Webster is Twain's nephew.
4. What did people in Twain's time think rotted the hair?
5. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
(a) "In God We Trust."
(b) "Hard Work Achieves More."
(c) "We Are Entitled to it All."
(d) "We Take What We Want."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
2. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
3. What did Olivia die from?
4. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
5. For how long did Twain stop writing after his wife died?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)