|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
(a) It came naturally.
(b) She was around literary figures.
(c) Her father would coach her.
(d) She read a lot of books.
2. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
3. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
(a) As long as it takes.
(b) As long as the book writes itself.
(c) As long as he enjoys the story.
(d) As little as he can.
4. What did Twain love most about Webster?
(a) His confidence.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His humor.
5. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She let her sister hit her back.
(b) She missed a hayride.
(c) She skipped dinner.
(d) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
2. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
3. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
4. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
5. Where did Olivia die?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)