|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He made a special medicine.
(b) He bled her.
(c) Electricity flowed from his body.
(d) He prayed.
2. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The car.
(c) The cash register.
(d) The telephone.
3. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
4. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
(a) It was a great compliment.
(b) It made him angry.
(c) It made him worry about her.
(d) It was very humorous.
5. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
(a) Like his heart had exploded.
(b) Like his heart had been cut out of his chest.
(c) Like a bullet crashed through his heart.
(d) Like a vise had crushed his heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
2. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
3. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
4. Why does Twain think Aldrich's widow is opening a memorial in his honor?
5. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)