|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain say he was hours after his wife died?
(a) A pauper.
(b) A rich man.
(c) An heir.
(d) A beggar.
2. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(a) The Bank.
3. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
4. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Broke the news to her mother.
(b) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
(c) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
(d) Lied to her mother about it.
5. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
(a) Her weakness.
(b) Her temper.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
2. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
3. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
4. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
5. What did Twain love most about Webster?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)