|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
2. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both calm and passionate.
(b) She was both innocent and worldly.
(c) She was both a girl and a woman.
(d) She was both strict and compassionate.
3. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His religion.
(c) His drug use.
(d) His swearing.
4. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
(a) Like a bullet crashed through his heart.
(b) Like his heart had been cut out of his chest.
(c) Like his heart had exploded.
(d) Like a vise had crushed his heart.
5. What was the name of the lecture tour?
(a) The Lantrium.
(b) The Lyceum.
(c) The Lancium.
(d) The Lysotstrata.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
2. Why does Twain think Aldrich's widow is opening a memorial in his honor?
3. What was Elinor Glyn's occupation?
4. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
5. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)