|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
2. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The car.
(d) The cash register.
3. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
(a) Take it.
(b) Buy it.
(c) Work for it.
(d) Make a mockery of what they want.
4. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
(a) Like his heart had exploded.
(b) Like a vise had crushed his heart.
(c) Like a bullet crashed through his heart.
(d) Like his heart had been cut out of his chest.
5. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
2. What was the name of the lecture tour?
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
4. What was Olivia's maiden name?
5. Who got the notoriety when Twain's company published Grant's book?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)