|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Roald Dahl.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Herman Melville.
2. Who found Jean's body?
(b) The housekeeper.
3. How are Twain and Webster related?
(a) Twain is Webster's brother-in-law.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Webster is Twain's nephew.
(d) Webster is Twain's grandson.
4. Where did Olivia die?
5. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret abandoned his family.
(b) Bret was rude to Twain.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
2. How old was Twain when he died?
3. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
4. What did Twain love most about Webster?
5. What did people in Twain's time think rotted the hair?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)