|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Honeybee.
(b) The Wasp.
(c) The Hornet.
(d) The Yellow Jacket.
2. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has provided good times to more people.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) He has better chance of winning.
(d) It has more character.
3. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) His father left an inheritance.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) He borrowed money.
(d) He married a rich widow.
5. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did phrenologists tell people about?
2. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
2. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
3. What did Twain do with the money he found on the street?
4. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
5. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
6. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
7. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
8. What did Twain do to try and save his wife from dying, and how did it work out?
9. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
10. How did Twain say he felt after Jean's death?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)