|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(d) Cave spiders.
2. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most confused and innocent man.
(b) The most revered and deranged man.
(c) The most happy and alarmed man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
3. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
4. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A knife.
(c) Some food.
5. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
2. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
3. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
4. How does Twain describe his mother?
5. How did Twain study the human race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
2. From what malady did Webster suffer, and how did this affect his business skills?
3. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
4. How would Orion spend most of his days?
5. What was Twain made fun of for when he first went to school?
6. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
7. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
8. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
9. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
10. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)