|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Killing a dog.
(b) Harassing a policeman.
(c) Stoning a Chinese man.
(d) Giving alcohol to a baby.
3. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It allows him to practice his skill.
(b) He has better chance of winning.
(c) It has more character.
(d) It has provided good times to more people.
4. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were jealous of him.
(b) They were not educated.
(c) They were too close to him.
(d) They were not around him enough.
5. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
4. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
5. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Twain swore in front of his wife for the first time?
2. Why was Twain not as popular as he hoped to be when he came back from his sailing journey?
3. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
4. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
5. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
6. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
7. What did Twain do to prove the inefficiency of a phrenologist?
8. What did Twain's mother's deep compassion lead her to do?
9. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
10. How did Twain convince Dr. Peake of the hypnotist's power?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)