|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) Some food.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A knife.
4. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Walking through memories.
(b) Keeping a journal.
(c) Writing love letters.
(d) Painting a picture.
5. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
2. What was Harte's first name?
3. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clara do to shield her mother from news of Jean's sickness?
2. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
3. What happened when Henry would do something bad instead of Twain?
4. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
5. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
6. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
7. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
8. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
9. What did Twain's mother's deep compassion lead her to do?
10. How did Twain's first son die?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)