|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Gives it to his brother.
(b) Pours it out the window.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Feeds it to the cat.
2. Where was Twain born?
3. What was Harte's occupation?
4. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appellate Court.
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) Appeals Court.
(d) Surrogate Court.
5. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are all greedy.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are mostly the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
3. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
4. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
5. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
2. Who was Bret Harte?
3. What did Twain do with the money he found on the street?
4. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
5. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
6. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
7. What did Webb do when publishing Twain's first book?
8. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
9. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
10. What did Twain's mother's deep compassion lead her to do?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)