|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appellate Court.
(b) Appeals Court.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Surrogate Court.
2. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
3. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
4. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New York.
5. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His music.
(b) His writing.
(c) His humor.
(d) His shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
2. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
3. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
5. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jean die?
2. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
3. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
4. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
5. How did Twain say he felt after Jean's death?
6. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
7. What mistake did Twain make when printing his book "The Innocents Abroad," and what was the result of that mistake?
8. What did Twain do with the money he found on the street?
9. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
10. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)