|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A cougar.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cowboy.
2. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His accent.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His stories.
3. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
4. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
5. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To have his paper go out of business.
(b) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(c) God to punish him.
(d) To have one of his stories turned down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Henry die?
2. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
3. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
4. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
5. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
2. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
3. What character did Twain model after his cousin James Lampton?
4. What did Twain do after he became a local celebrity?
5. What was "The Lyceum" and how did it work?
6. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
7. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
8. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
9. What is Twain's opinion of Jim Gillis?
10. What happened to Olivia when she was 16, and how was she cured?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)