|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) He strayed from the facts.
(b) It took too long for him to write.
(c) It was hard to read.
(d) It was too literary.
2. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
3. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
4. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) He has better chance of winning.
(b) It has more character.
(c) It allows him to practice his skill.
(d) It has provided good times to more people.
5. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
2. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
3. Where was Twain born?
4. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
5. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
2. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
3. How did Jean die?
4. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
5. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
6. What did Twain do to try and save his wife from dying, and how did it work out?
7. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
8. What did Suzy's family do when they heard she was sick?
9. What sad news did Twain get in 1907?
10. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)