|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It was too literary.
(b) He strayed from the facts.
(c) It was hard to read.
(d) It took too long for him to write.
2. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(c) James Faulker.
(d) Louisa May Alcott.
3. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
4. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Changed the color of his hair.
(b) Lied about his age.
(c) Gave a fake name.
(d) Paid extra money.
5. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) After his death.
(b) When his last living child dies.
(c) In ten year editions.
(d) When his wife dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
3. What did Twain's father die of?
4. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
2. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
3. How did Twain say he felt after Jean's death?
4. Why was Twain not as popular as he hoped to be when he came back from his sailing journey?
5. What happened to Olivia when she was 16, and how was she cured?
6. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
7. What mistake did Twain make when printing his book "The Innocents Abroad," and what was the result of that mistake?
8. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
9. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
10. What was Twain made fun of for when he first went to school?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)