|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They do not live long enough.
(b) They are much older than he is.
(c) They move away.
(d) They do not like the dirty games he played.
2. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has more character.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) It has provided good times to more people.
(d) He has better chance of winning.
3. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per letter.
(b) $20 per sentence.
(c) $20 per word.
(d) $20 per paragraph.
4. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(b) "The Innocents Abroad."
(c) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(d) "The Journey of the Naive."
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
2. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
4. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
5. How does Twain describe his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain's first son die?
2. What did Grant do that showed his human side?
3. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
4. Who was Bret Harte?
5. What did Twain say showed his intense vanity?
6. How would Orion spend most of his days?
7. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
8. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
9. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
10. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)