|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his last living child dies.
(b) In ten year editions.
(c) After his death.
(d) When his wife dies.
2. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He wrote with a quill pen.
(b) He wrote with a typewriter.
(c) He dictated to a secretary.
(d) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
3. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To have his paper go out of business.
(b) To have one of his stories turned down.
(c) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(d) God to punish him.
4. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Paid extra money.
(b) Changed the color of his hair.
(c) Lied about his age.
(d) Gave a fake name.
5. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
2. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
3. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
4. What was Harte's occupation?
5. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
2. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
3. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
4. What mistake did Twain make when printing his book "The Innocents Abroad," and what was the result of that mistake?
5. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
6. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
7. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
8. What was Twain made fun of for when he first went to school?
9. How did Twain convince Dr. Peake of the hypnotist's power?
10. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)