|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry die?
(a) Boiler explosion.
(b) Drowned in the river.
(c) Was shot in the back.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
2. How does Twain hope to write?
3. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
4. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His preacher.
5. What was Harte's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
2. Where did Twain's older brother work?
3. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
4. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
5. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain get by after his father died?
2. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
3. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
4. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
5. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
6. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
7. What did Twain say showed his intense vanity?
8. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
9. What character did Twain model after his cousin James Lampton?
10. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)