|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
2. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He volunteered his labor at first.
(b) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(c) He let the employers bid on him.
(d) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
3. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Lied about his age.
(b) Gave a fake name.
(c) Changed the color of his hair.
(d) Paid extra money.
4. What was Harte's occupation?
5. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Good friends.
(b) Whisperings in his ear.
(c) Beginner's luck.
(d) God's intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
2. Where was Dr. Peake from?
3. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
4. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
5. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
2. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
3. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
4. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
5. What is Twain's opinion of Jim Gillis?
6. How did Twain say he felt after Jean's death?
7. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
8. What did Suzy do to punish herself for hitting her sister?
9. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
10. How would Orion spend most of his days?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)