Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 26 years.
(c) 36 years.
(d) 46 years.
2. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
(a) His poor spelling.
(b) His thick beard.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His strange accent.
3. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Journey of the Naive."
(b) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(c) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(d) "The Innocents Abroad."
4. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per paragraph.
(b) $20 per sentence.
(c) $20 per word.
(d) $20 per letter.
5. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 25 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 19 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
2. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
3. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
4. What does Twain think about people?
5. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
2. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
3. What happened when the town clerk invested in the telephone?
4. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
5. What did Twain say was his cure for dysentery?
6. What did Webb do when publishing Twain's first book?
7. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
8. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
9. What are Twain's pet peeves?
10. How did Twain's feelings about practical jokes change over his lifetime?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)