|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. What was Harte's first name?
3. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(b) Cave spiders.
4. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He dictated to a secretary.
(b) He wrote with a typewriter.
(c) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(d) He wrote with a quill pen.
5. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $36 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $12 a week.
(d) $48 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
2. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
3. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
4. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Twain's first son die?
2. How did Jean die?
3. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
4. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
5. What did Twain say showed his intense vanity?
6. What did an innkeeper do that greatly amused Twain?
7. How did Orion die, and how did Twain feel about this?
8. How did Twain's mother feel about slavery?
9. What did Twain do to try and save his wife from dying, and how did it work out?
10. How did Twain get by after his father died?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)