|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was humorous.
(b) There was no romance.
(c) It was non-fiction.
(d) It was fictional.
2. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His strange accent.
(c) His thick beard.
(d) His poor spelling.
3. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Ross Weber.
(b) Charles Webb.
(c) Robert Wendall.
(d) Frank Wall.
4. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $12 a week.
(b) $24 a week.
(c) $36 a week.
(d) $48 a week.
5. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) Some food.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
2. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
5. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that not everything in this book is true?
2. What happened to the newspaper in San Francisco who told Twain to resign?
3. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
4. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
5. What character did Twain model after his cousin James Lampton?
6. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
7. What did Twain's mother's deep compassion lead her to do?
8. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
9. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
10. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)