|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A grocery store.
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
4. How did Henry die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Was shot in the back.
(c) Boiler explosion.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
5. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his last living child dies.
(b) When his wife dies.
(c) After his death.
(d) In ten year editions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. What was Harte's first name?
3. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
5. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
2. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
3. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
4. What did Suzy do to punish herself for hitting her sister?
5. What does Twain say was so special about Rogers?
6. What did Suzy's family do when they heard she was sick?
7. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
8. What does Twain say about Murat Halsted?
9. What happened when Twain swore in front of his wife for the first time?
10. Who published "Huckleberry Finn," and how successful was it?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)