|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(b) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
2. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) James Faulker.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
3. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(b) He let the employers bid on him.
(c) He volunteered his labor at first.
(d) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
4. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
5. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(a) Cave spiders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
2. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
3. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
5. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what malady did Webster suffer, and how did this affect his business skills?
2. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
3. What was Twain made fun of for when he first went to school?
4. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
5. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
6. Why does Twain find is peculiar that people prefer good bowling alleys to bad ones?
7. Why was Twain not as popular as he hoped to be when he came back from his sailing journey?
8. What superstition did people have about rotting hair, and what did Twain think about it?
9. What happened when Henry would do something bad instead of Twain?
10. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)