|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
2. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
3. How did Henry die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Was shot in the back.
(c) Caught yellow fever.
(d) Boiler explosion.
4. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Slave Jive Show."
(b) "The Negro Musical Show."
(c) "The Coon Tune Show."
(d) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
5. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His music.
(b) His humor.
(c) His writing.
(d) His shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
2. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
3. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
4. How does Twain describe his older brother?
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Twain do to prove the inefficiency of a phrenologist?
2. What happened when Twain swore in front of his wife for the first time?
3. How would Orion spend most of his days?
4. How did Jean die?
5. What does Twain notice while studying human nature?
6. How did Twain convince Dr. Peake of the hypnotist's power?
7. Who was Bret Harte?
8. How did Twain's first son die?
9. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
10. Why was Twain not able to be with Suzy when she died?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)