|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
2. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have delivered great sermons.
(b) He could have taught at colleges.
(c) He could have been a successful business man.
(d) He could have been a famous writer.
3. Where was Twain sent on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
4. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(b) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(c) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(d) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
5. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
2. What did Twain's father die of?
3. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
4. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
5. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jean die?
2. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
3. How would Orion spend most of his days?
4. What happened when Twain tried to help a man in the jail?
5. What did Twain do during the measles epidemic?
6. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
7. What is Twain's opinion of Jim Gillis?
8. What did Grant say on his deathbed?
9. When did Twain start using his pseudonym?
10. What did Twain realize while writing "Tom Sawyer"?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)