|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
2. Where was Twain sent on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) St. Louis.
3. What did Twain's father die of?
(a) Pneumonic plague.
4. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Keeping a journal.
(b) Writing love letters.
(c) Walking through memories.
(d) Painting a picture.
5. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(b) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(c) He pretended to be mesmerized.
(d) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
2. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
4. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
5. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Clara do to shield her mother from news of Jean's sickness?
2. What did Carlton do when he met Twain after refusing to publish his book?
3. What did Twain hear a man say at a banquet, and how did he feel about it?
4. How was Twain saved from fighting a duel?
5. What did Twain think of Rudyard Kipling?
6. What happened when Twain took his mother to a minstrel show?
7. How did Twain get by after his father died?
8. What other author did Twain publish a book for, and why?
9. What happened to Olivia when she was 16, and how was she cured?
10. What did Twain see when he was on assignment in Honolulu?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)