|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
2. How old was Suzy when she began to write about her father?
3. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
4. How did Twain feel about Marie Corelli?
(a) He thought she was beautiful.
(b) He very much liked her.
(c) He did not know much about her.
(d) He did not like her.
5. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
6. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
7. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
(a) He was mistaken.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He was terrifying.
(d) He was amusing.
8. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
(a) A godsend.
(b) A treasure.
(c) An angel.
(d) A genius.
9. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Gave him a room for free.
(b) Recognized the minister.
(c) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(d) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
10. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Broke the news to her mother.
(b) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
(c) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
(d) Lied to her mother about it.
11. What word does Twain use to describe Harte?
12. What did Olivia die from?
(a) It is unclear.
(c) A stroke.
13. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Taught him.
(b) Comforted him.
(c) Forgave him.
(d) Rescued him.
14. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She let her sister hit her back.
(b) She skipped dinner.
(c) She missed a hayride.
(d) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
15. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) At church.
(b) On a train.
(c) In his bed.
(d) At the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
2. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
3. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
4. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
5. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)