|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
(a) Her humor.
(b) Her weakness.
(c) Her temper.
(d) Her intelligence.
2. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He bled her.
(b) Electricity flowed from his body.
(c) He made a special medicine.
(d) He prayed.
3. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
(a) To keep his sins hidden.
(b) To escape judgment.
(c) To have more enjoyment.
(d) To have a real vacation.
4. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
5. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
(a) Buy it.
(b) Take it.
(c) Make a mockery of what they want.
(d) Work for it.
6. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(a) School teachers.
(c) Business men.
7. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
(a) They cheered.
(b) They kicked the man out.
(c) They seemed confused by it.
(d) They ignored it.
8. What was Twain's publishing company called?
(a) Clemens and Webster.
(b) Twain and Company.
(c) Webster and Company.
(d) Webster and Twain.
9. How old was Suzy when she began to write about her father?
10. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) On a train.
(b) At the kitchen table.
(c) In his bed.
(d) At church.
11. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She broke her leg.
(c) She fell on some ice.
(d) She got Scarlet Fever.
12. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
(a) His secretary.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His partner.
(d) His son.
13. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
(b) She missed a hayride.
(c) She let her sister hit her back.
(d) She skipped dinner.
14. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
15. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) The Hornet.
(c) His early life.
(d) His publishing experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
2. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
3. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
4. What year did Suzy die?
5. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)