|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Suzy's sister's name?
2. How old was Orion when he died?
3. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
4. How did Twain find out that Suzy was ill?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
5. What was Olivia's maiden name?
6. What did Suzy do as a child that entertained her parents?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Misuse big words.
7. What did Twain love most about Webster?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His humor.
(d) His confidence.
8. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(b) "The Reign of King George."
(c) "The Hopping Frog."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
9. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
10. Where did Olivia die?
11. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
(a) It was very humorous.
(b) It made him angry.
(c) It was a great compliment.
(d) It made him worry about her.
12. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(b) Repeated the word.
(c) Blushed and cried.
(d) Slapped him.
13. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Dolly Madison.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
14. What did people in Twain's time think rotted the hair?
15. Who got the notoriety when Twain's company published Grant's book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
2. What did Twain say always cured his wife of dysentery?
3. When did Twain write the last entry in his autobiography?
4. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
5. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)