|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elinor Glyn's occupation?
2. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Dolly Madison.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. What did Jean die from?
4. Which of Twain's children was his favorite?
5. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
(b) When his book portrayed his weakness.
(c) When he got sick and almost died.
(d) When he admitted his fear of heights.
6. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
(a) Her temper.
(b) Her weakness.
(c) Her humor.
(d) Her intelligence.
7. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(b) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(c) Recognized the minister.
(d) Gave him a room for free.
8. Why does Twain think Aldrich's widow is opening a memorial in his honor?
(a) To stroke her vanity.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To find a new husband.
(d) To honor his memory.
9. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He bled her.
(b) Electricity flowed from his body.
(c) He made a special medicine.
(d) He prayed.
10. What happened to Olivia when she was 16?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She fell on some ice.
(c) She got Scarlet Fever.
(d) She broke her leg.
11. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
12. When did Twain write the last entry in his autobiography?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
13. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
(a) Like his heart had exploded.
(b) Like a vise had crushed his heart.
(c) Like his heart had been cut out of his chest.
(d) Like a bullet crashed through his heart.
14. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
15. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
(a) Roald Dahl.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
2. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
3. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
4. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
5. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)