|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She skipped dinner.
(b) She let her sister hit her back.
(c) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
(d) She missed a hayride.
3. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) Grant's book.
(b) A pay cut for himself.
(c) A land auction.
(d) A new contract for Webster.
4. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he got sick and almost died.
(b) When he admitted his fear of heights.
(c) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
(d) When his book portrayed his weakness.
5. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
6. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
7. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
8. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(b) Gave him a room for free.
(c) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(d) Recognized the minister.
9. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He prayed.
(b) He made a special medicine.
(c) He bled her.
(d) Electricity flowed from his body.
10. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
11. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Comforted him.
(b) Rescued him.
(c) Forgave him.
(d) Taught him.
12. What illness did Webster suffer from?
13. What did Twain love most about Webster?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His humor.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His intelligence.
14. What was Olivia's maiden name?
15. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
2. How are Twain and Webster related?
3. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
4. What did Suzy die of?
5. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)