|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Finding gratitude.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Being funny.
(d) Believing in God.
2. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) In his bed.
(b) At the kitchen table.
(c) On a train.
(d) At church.
3. What illness did Webster suffer from?
4. How old was Suzy when she began to write about her father?
5. What year did Suzy die?
6. What did Olivia die from?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) A stroke.
7. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
8. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His drug use.
(d) His religion.
9. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Broke the news to her mother.
(b) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
(c) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
(d) Lied to her mother about it.
10. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
11. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
(a) They ignored it.
(b) They seemed confused by it.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They kicked the man out.
12. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
13. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
14. Who found Jean's body?
(a) The housekeeper.
15. What did Jean die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
2. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
3. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
4. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
5. Which of Twain's children was his favorite?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)