|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
(a) A treasure.
(b) A godsend.
(c) An angel.
(d) A genius.
2. What was Suzy's sister's name?
3. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
(a) It made him worry about her.
(b) It was a great compliment.
(c) It was very humorous.
(d) It made him angry.
4. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
(a) It came naturally.
(b) She was around literary figures.
(c) Her father would coach her.
(d) She read a lot of books.
5. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(b) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(c) Gave him a room for free.
(d) Recognized the minister.
6. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Roald Dahl.
(c) Herman Melville.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
7. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
8. What word does Twain use to describe Harte?
9. What did Olivia die from?
(a) A stroke.
(d) It is unclear.
10. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
11. What was Murat Hallsted's occupation?
12. What did Twain say he was hours after his wife died?
(a) A pauper.
(b) A beggar.
(c) An heir.
(d) A rich man.
13. What year did Suzy die?
14. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(b) Blushed and cried.
(c) Slapped him.
(d) Repeated the word.
15. What did Twain say always cured his wife of dysentery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Twain's publishing company called?
2. In what did Twain try to invest?
3. What did Suzy die of?
4. What was Olivia's maiden name?
5. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)