|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Suzy describe her father's language?
2. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
3. What was the name of the lecture tour?
(a) The Lyceum.
(b) The Lantrium.
(c) The Lancium.
(d) The Lysotstrata.
4. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
5. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) James Faulkner.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
6. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
7. In what did Twain try to invest?
(a) Poetry books.
(b) Stock markets.
8. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
(a) To have a real vacation.
(b) To keep his sins hidden.
(c) To have more enjoyment.
(d) To escape judgment.
9. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(a) Repeated the word.
(b) Blushed and cried.
(d) Slapped him.
10. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
11. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His son.
(d) His partner.
12. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A land auction.
(b) A new contract for Webster.
(c) Grant's book.
(d) A pay cut for himself.
13. Who found Jean's body?
(d) The housekeeper.
14. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
15. What did Jean die from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
2. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
3. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
4. Where did Olivia die?
5. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)