|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The car.
(d) The telephone.
2. How did Twain feel about Marie Corelli?
(a) He did not like her.
(b) He did not know much about her.
(c) He very much liked her.
(d) He thought she was beautiful.
3. What was the name of the lecture tour?
(a) The Lancium.
(b) The Lysotstrata.
(c) The Lantrium.
(d) The Lyceum.
4. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(a) Business men.
(b) School teachers.
5. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
6. In what did Twain try to invest?
(a) Poetry books.
(c) Stock markets.
7. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
8. What did Suzy do as a child that entertained her parents?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Misuse big words.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Read the Bible.
9. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
(a) They seemed confused by it.
(b) They ignored it.
(c) They cheered.
(d) They kicked the man out.
10. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
11. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
(a) "We Take What We Want."
(b) "We Are Entitled to it All."
(c) "In God We Trust."
(d) "Hard Work Achieves More."
12. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
13. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
(a) Thomas Bailey Aldrich Memorial Museum.
(b) Timothy Bailey Aldrich Memorial Gardens.
(c) Thomas Bernard Aldrich Memoriam.
(d) Timothy Bernard Aldrich Memorial Park.
14. Where did Olivia die?
15. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
2. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
3. What did Twain love most about Webster?
4. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
5. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)