Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Gave him a room for free.
(b) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(c) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(d) Recognized the minister.
2. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
3. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
(a) Thomas Bernard Aldrich Memoriam.
(b) Timothy Bernard Aldrich Memorial Park.
(c) Thomas Bailey Aldrich Memorial Museum.
(d) Timothy Bailey Aldrich Memorial Gardens.
4. What was Elinor Glyn's occupation?
5. Who found Jean's body?
(a) The housekeeper.
6. How did Twain say he felt when Jean died?
(a) Like a vise had crushed his heart.
(b) Like a bullet crashed through his heart.
(c) Like his heart had exploded.
(d) Like his heart had been cut out of his chest.
7. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Forgave him.
(b) Comforted him.
(c) Taught him.
(d) Rescued him.
8. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She gave him ideas.
(b) She pushed him to work harder.
(c) She was his editor.
(d) She was an honest critic.
9. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
10. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
(a) He was amusing.
(b) He was mistaken.
(c) He was terrifying.
(d) He was arrogant.
11. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
(a) Being swindled.
(b) Making enemies.
(c) Making friends.
12. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His religion.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His drug use.
(d) His alcoholism.
13. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he admitted his fear of heights.
(b) When he got sick and almost died.
(c) When his book portrayed his weakness.
(d) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
14. How much money would lecturers make each night?
15. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Twain try to invest?
2. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
3. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
4. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
5. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)