|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) At church.
(b) On a train.
(c) At the kitchen table.
(d) In his bed.
2. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(a) School teachers.
(c) Business men.
3. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
4. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
5. Who got the notoriety when Twain's company published Grant's book?
6. What did people in Twain's time think rotted the hair?
7. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
8. Who found Jean's body?
(a) The housekeeper.
9. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
(a) The title right to his work.
(b) The copyright of his work.
(c) The first edition of his work.
(d) The credit for his work.
10. Where did Olivia die?
11. What was Twain doing when Suzy fell ill?
12. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
13. What did Twain say always cured his wife of dysentery?
14. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dolly Madison.
(d) Charles Dickens.
15. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
(b) Bret was rude to Twain.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Bret abandoned his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
2. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
3. How did Twain feel about Marie Corelli?
4. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
5. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)