|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) At the kitchen table.
(b) In his bed.
(c) At church.
(d) On a train.
2. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
(a) As long as he enjoys the story.
(b) As little as he can.
(c) As long as the book writes itself.
(d) As long as it takes.
3. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
4. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
5. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
6. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
(a) It came naturally.
(b) She read a lot of books.
(c) Her father would coach her.
(d) She was around literary figures.
7. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
8. What was Olivia's maiden name?
9. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Dolly Madison.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
10. What did Suzy do as a child that entertained her parents?
(a) Draw pictures.
(b) Misuse big words.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Read the Bible.
11. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He bled her.
(b) He made a special medicine.
(c) Electricity flowed from his body.
(d) He prayed.
12. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Roald Dahl.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
13. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
14. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
15. Who found Jean's body?
(b) The housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did Twain try to invest?
2. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
3. What year did Suzy die?
4. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
5. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)