|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he admitted his fear of heights.
(b) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
(c) When he got sick and almost died.
(d) When his book portrayed his weakness.
2. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Dolly Madison.
(d) Charles Dickens.
4. In what did Twain try to invest?
(a) Poetry books.
(c) Stock markets.
5. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
6. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
(b) Broke the news to her mother.
(c) Lied to her mother about it.
(d) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
7. What did Olivia die from?
(a) A stroke.
(c) It is unclear.
8. What did Twain love most about Webster?
(a) His humor.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His confidence.
9. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
10. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The car.
11. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Comforted him.
(b) Forgave him.
(c) Rescued him.
(d) Taught him.
12. For how long did Twain stop writing after his wife died?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
13. What did Twain say he was hours after his wife died?
(a) A pauper.
(b) An heir.
(c) A rich man.
(d) A beggar.
14. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(b) The Bank.
15. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(c) School teachers.
(d) Business men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Twain and Webster related?
2. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
3. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
4. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
5. What did Suzy die of?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)