|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
2. What was Suzy's sister's name?
3. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(b) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(c) Recognized the minister.
(d) Gave him a room for free.
4. What illness did Webster suffer from?
5. For how long did Twain stop writing after his wife died?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
6. Why was Suzy's vocabulary so extensive?
(a) It came naturally.
(b) She was around literary figures.
(c) Her father would coach her.
(d) She read a lot of books.
7. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret was rude to Twain.
(b) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Bret abandoned his family.
8. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
9. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Dolly Madison.
10. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
11. Why does Twain think Aldrich's widow is opening a memorial in his honor?
(a) To stroke her vanity.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To find a new husband.
(d) To honor his memory.
12. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Lied to her mother about it.
(b) Broke the news to her mother.
(c) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
(d) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
13. How old was Suzy when she began to write about her father?
14. What year did Suzy die?
15. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
(a) Taught him.
(b) Comforted him.
(c) Rescued him.
(d) Forgave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
2. Where was Orion when he died?
3. What was the name of the lecture tour?
4. In what did Twain try to invest?
5. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)