|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia's maiden name?
2. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
(a) Work for it.
(b) Make a mockery of what they want.
(c) Take it.
(d) Buy it.
3. What was Murat Hallsted's occupation?
4. What did Clara do when Jean fell ill?
(a) Broke the news to her mother.
(b) Cared for both her sister and her mother.
(c) Kept her sister from seeing her mother.
(d) Lied to her mother about it.
5. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
(a) The first edition of his work.
(b) The credit for his work.
(c) The title right to his work.
(d) The copyright of his work.
6. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Finding gratitude.
(c) Believing in God.
(d) Being funny.
7. Where was Orion when he died?
(a) At the kitchen table.
(b) On a train.
(c) At church.
(d) In his bed.
8. What illness did Webster suffer from?
9. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
10. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His drug use.
(c) His religion.
(d) His swearing.
11. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
12. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(b) Bret abandoned his family.
(c) Bret was rude to Twain.
(d) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
13. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(b) The Bank.
14. How did Twain find out that Suzy was ill?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) A telegram.
15. How much money had Grant's book made before he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
2. How old was Orion when he died?
3. In what did Twain try to invest?
4. What was Twain amazed by when he met Rudyard Kipling?
5. Where did Olivia die?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)