|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money would lecturers make each night?
2. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 60 years.
(d) 70 years.
3. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
4. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(a) The Bank.
5. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Recognized the minister.
(b) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(c) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
(d) Gave him a room for free.
6. What did Suzy die of?
7. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
8. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
(a) The first edition of his work.
(b) The title right to his work.
(c) The copyright of his work.
(d) The credit for his work.
9. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The cash register.
(b) The car.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) The telephone.
10. How many honorary degrees did Twain receive?
11. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She let her sister hit her back.
(b) She missed a hayride.
(c) She skipped dinner.
(d) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
12. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
(a) The Hornet.
(b) His early life.
(c) His publishing experiences.
(d) His religious beliefs.
13. Where did Olivia die?
14. What word does Twain use to describe Harte?
15. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Finding gratitude.
(b) Being funny.
(c) Believing in God.
(d) Writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
2. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
3. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
4. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
5. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)