|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a man at a banquet say Anglo Saxons do when they want something?
(a) Buy it.
(b) Work for it.
(c) Make a mockery of what they want.
(d) Take it.
2. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) James Faulkner.
3. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
(a) He was arrogant.
(b) He was terrifying.
(c) He was mistaken.
(d) He was amusing.
4. What did Suzy die of?
5. Who did Twain ask to put his last entry into his autobiography?
(a) His partner.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His son.
6. How old was Twain when he died?
7. Where was Twain when Suzy fell ill?
8. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
9. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
(a) A treasure.
(b) An angel.
(c) A genius.
(d) A godsend.
10. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
(a) "We Are Entitled to it All."
(b) "In God We Trust."
(c) "We Take What We Want."
(d) "Hard Work Achieves More."
11. How did Twain feel about the biography Suzy wrote about him?
(a) It was very humorous.
(b) It made him angry.
(c) It was a great compliment.
(d) It made him worry about her.
12. What was Murat Hallsted's occupation?
13. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She was an honest critic.
(b) She pushed him to work harder.
(c) She gave him ideas.
(d) She was his editor.
14. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The cash register.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) The car.
15. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
2. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
3. What did Twain love most about Webster?
4. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
5. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)