|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Twain when he died?
2. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Dolly Madison.
(d) Ulysses S. Grant.
3. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
(a) 60 years.
(b) 70 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 40 years.
4. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(a) Repeated the word.
(c) Blushed and cried.
(d) Slapped him.
5. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
6. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
7. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
(a) A godsend.
(b) An angel.
(c) A genius.
(d) A treasure.
8. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Bret abandoned his family.
(b) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Bret was rude to Twain.
9. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
10. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
11. What did Twain say always cured his wife of dysentery?
12. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
(a) Making enemies.
(b) Being swindled.
(c) Making friends.
13. When did Twain write the last entry in his autobiography?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Valentine's Day.
14. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(a) Business men.
(b) School teachers.
15. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) Electricity flowed from his body.
(b) He bled her.
(c) He prayed.
(d) He made a special medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Twain's publishing company called?
2. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
3. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
4. How did the people at the banquet react to the man's statement about Anglo Saxons?
5. How did Twain find out that Suzy was ill?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)