|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the memorial Twain was asked to help open?
(a) Timothy Bailey Aldrich Memorial Gardens.
(b) Thomas Bernard Aldrich Memoriam.
(c) Thomas Bailey Aldrich Memorial Museum.
(d) Timothy Bernard Aldrich Memorial Park.
2. Which writer did Twain say he met and talked with a number of times?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) Roald Dahl.
(d) Herman Melville.
3. How long did Murat Hallsted's career last?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 60 years.
(c) 70 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. In what did Twain try to invest?
(b) Stock markets.
(d) Poetry books.
5. How did Twain learn that Grant was human?
(a) When he admitted his fear of heights.
(b) When his book portrayed his weakness.
(c) When he got offended by being ignored by Twain.
(d) When he got sick and almost died.
6. What kind of people came to the lecture that Fuller set up for Twain?
(a) Business men.
(b) School teachers.
7. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A new contract for Webster.
(b) A land auction.
(c) Grant's book.
(d) A pay cut for himself.
8. How did Twain feel about Marie Corelli?
(a) He did not know much about her.
(b) He very much liked her.
(c) He thought she was beautiful.
(d) He did not like her.
9. How are Twain and Webster related?
(a) Webster is Twain's nephew.
(b) Webster is Twain's grandson.
(c) Twain is Webster's brother-in-law.
(d) They are cousins.
10. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
11. Who got the notoriety when Twain's company published Grant's book?
12. For how long did Twain stop writing after his wife died?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
(a) As long as it takes.
(b) As long as the book writes itself.
(c) As long as he enjoys the story.
(d) As little as he can.
14. What did Jean die from?
15. Where did Olivia die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned Twain's copyrights after the business failure?
2. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
3. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
4. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
5. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)