|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
2. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
3. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Father David.
(b) Preacher Dave.
(c) Brother Dan.
(d) Uncle Daniel.
4. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
(a) Give lectures.
(b) Take photographs.
(c) Teach seminars.
(d) Write a book.
5. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
6. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
7. Where was Twain born?
8. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 23 years.
9. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
10. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most confused and innocent man.
(b) The most happy and alarmed man.
(c) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(d) The most revered and deranged man.
11. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Robert Wendall.
(b) Charles Webb.
(c) Frank Wall.
(d) Ross Weber.
12. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
(a) The Ganges.
(b) The Amazon.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Mississippi.
13. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
14. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Paid extra money.
(b) Lied about his age.
(c) Gave a fake name.
(d) Changed the color of his hair.
15. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his wife dies.
(b) When his last living child dies.
(c) In ten year editions.
(d) After his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
2. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
3. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
4. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
5. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)