|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
(a) Teach seminars.
(b) Take photographs.
(c) Give lectures.
(d) Write a book.
3. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She cried.
(c) He was very angry.
(d) He was confused.
4. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She liked it.
(b) She expected it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was confused by it.
5. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were not around him enough.
(b) They were not educated.
(c) They were too close to him.
(d) They were jealous of him.
6. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Wasp.
(b) The Honeybee.
(c) The Hornet.
(d) The Yellow Jacket.
7. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
8. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Uncle Daniel.
(b) Preacher Dave.
(c) Father David.
(d) Brother Dan.
9. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have delivered great sermons.
(b) He could have taught at colleges.
(c) He could have been a famous writer.
(d) He could have been a successful business man.
10. Where was Twain born?
11. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His spirituality.
(b) His insecurity.
(c) His genius.
(d) His kindness.
12. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
13. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(b) "The Jumping Frog."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Prince and the Pauper."
14. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
15. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
2. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
3. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
4. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
5. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)