|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 19 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 21 years.
2. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
3. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
(a) He finds himself amusing.
(b) Not complimentary.
(d) He is very conceited.
4. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
5. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
6. What was Harte's first name?
7. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She expected it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She liked it.
(d) She hated it.
8. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(b) "The Slave Jive Show."
(c) "The Coon Tune Show."
(d) "The Negro Musical Show."
9. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His stories.
(c) His accent.
(d) His honesty.
10. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are mostly the same.
(c) They are all greedy.
(d) They are all different.
11. How did Twain study the human race?
(a) He read old journals.
(b) He watched people.
(c) He read psychology text books.
(d) He studied himself.
12. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their future.
(c) Their health.
(d) Their personality.
13. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It was too literary.
(b) It took too long for him to write.
(c) He strayed from the facts.
(d) It was hard to read.
14. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were not educated.
(b) They were jealous of him.
(c) They were not around him enough.
(d) They were too close to him.
15. How does Twain hope to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
2. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
3. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)