|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Give lectures.
(c) Take photographs.
(d) Teach seminars.
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Slave Jive Show."
(b) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(c) "The Coon Tune Show."
(d) "The Negro Musical Show."
3. What was Harte's first name?
4. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Robert Wendall.
(b) Ross Weber.
(c) Frank Wall.
(d) Charles Webb.
5. How did Henry die?
(a) Caught yellow fever.
(b) Boiler explosion.
(c) Drowned in the river.
(d) Was shot in the back.
6. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
(a) His poor spelling.
(b) His strange accent.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His thick beard.
7. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
8. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
9. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is put ahead a few classes.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is whipped.
10. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are all greedy.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are mostly the same.
11. How does Twain hope to write?
12. What was Harte's occupation?
13. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
14. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
15. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
2. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
3. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
4. What made Twain a local celebrity?
5. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)