|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Yellow Jacket.
(b) The Hornet.
(c) The Wasp.
(d) The Honeybee.
2. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 21 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 23 years.
(d) 19 years.
3. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
4. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Gives it to his brother.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Feeds it to the cat.
5. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have delivered great sermons.
(b) He could have taught at colleges.
(c) He could have been a famous writer.
(d) He could have been a successful business man.
6. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
7. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
8. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
(a) A fever.
(b) A stomach pain.
(c) A headache.
(d) A toothache.
9. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(b) A knife.
(c) Some food.
(d) A cigarette.
10. What was Harte's occupation?
11. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
12. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
13. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
14. How did Twain study the human race?
(a) He read psychology text books.
(b) He read old journals.
(c) He watched people.
(d) He studied himself.
15. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(b) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(c) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
2. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
3. What made Twain a local celebrity?
4. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)