|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is put ahead a few classes.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is whipped.
2. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) James Faulker.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
3. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His stories.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His accent.
(d) His compassion.
4. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their health.
(b) Their personality.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their future.
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His insecurity.
(c) His genius.
(d) His spirituality.
6. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Innocents Abroad."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(d) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
7. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
8. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
9. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
10. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
11. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(b) The Pauper.
(c) Huckleberry Finn.
(d) Injun Joe.
12. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(a) Cave spiders.
13. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Keeping a journal.
(b) Painting a picture.
(c) Writing love letters.
(d) Walking through memories.
14. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Be promoted.
(b) Create his own magazine.
(c) Give more lectures.
(d) Write a book.
15. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in 1907?
2. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
3. What was Harte's occupation?
4. How did Higbie get a job?
5. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)