|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Surrogate Court.
(b) Appellate Court.
(c) Appeals Court.
(d) Supreme Court.
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Killing a dog.
(b) Harassing a policeman.
(c) Stoning a Chinese man.
(d) Giving alcohol to a baby.
4. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has provided good times to more people.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) It has more character.
(d) He has better chance of winning.
5. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his wife dies.
(b) When his last living child dies.
(c) In ten year editions.
(d) After his death.
6. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
7. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Freedom Post.
(b) The Free Bird Exam.
(c) The Entrepreneur.
(d) The Enterprise.
8. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 23 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 19 years.
9. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
10. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
11. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
12. How does Twain hope to write?
13. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(c) New York.
14. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) Fatigue from retreating.
(b) His mother fell ill.
(c) A shoulder wound.
(d) He wanted to join the Union.
15. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They are much older than he is.
(b) They move away.
(c) They do not live long enough.
(d) They do not like the dirty games he played.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
2. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
4. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)