|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She expected it.
(d) She was confused by it.
2. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His humor.
(b) His writing.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His music.
3. What did Twain's father die of?
(c) Pneumonic plague.
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
5. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(a) Cave spiders.
6. Where was Twain born?
7. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
(a) His strange accent.
(b) His thick beard.
(c) His poor spelling.
(d) His sense of humor.
8. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(b) Louisa May Alcott.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) James Faulker.
9. What was Harte's occupation?
10. How does Twain hope to write?
11. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Injun Joe.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) The Pauper.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
12. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "The Jumping Frog."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
13. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
14. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Frank Wall.
(b) Robert Wendall.
(c) Ross Weber.
(d) Charles Webb.
15. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $3.50 a week.
(b) $350 a year.
(c) $35 a month.
(d) $3.50 a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
2. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
3. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)