|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harte's first name?
2. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(a) Cave spiders.
3. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
4. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His spirituality.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His genius.
6. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
7. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They do not live long enough.
(b) They are much older than he is.
(c) They move away.
(d) They do not like the dirty games he played.
8. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have been a famous writer.
(b) He could have delivered great sermons.
(c) He could have been a successful business man.
(d) He could have taught at colleges.
9. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
10. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Reusing old text.
(b) Small amounts of copying.
(c) Unconscious plagiarism.
(d) Enhancing existing ideas.
11. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
12. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their future.
(b) Their health.
(c) Their personality.
(d) Their past.
13. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Paid extra money.
(b) Gave a fake name.
(c) Changed the color of his hair.
(d) Lied about his age.
14. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Freedom Post.
(b) The Enterprise.
(c) The Entrepreneur.
(d) The Free Bird Exam.
15. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is put ahead a few classes.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is whipped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. How does Twain describe his older brother?
4. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
5. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)