|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
(a) He finds himself amusing.
(c) Not complimentary.
(d) He is very conceited.
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are all different.
(c) They are all greedy.
(d) They are mostly the same.
4. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
5. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
6. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His writing.
(c) His music.
(d) His humor.
7. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
8. What made Twain a local celebrity?
(a) His local humor column.
(b) His literary guide.
(c) His interview with the President.
(d) His coverage of the boat survivors.
9. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
10. Where was Twain sent on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. What was Harte's first name?
12. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
13. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Innocents Abroad."
(b) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
(c) "The Journey of the Naive."
(d) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
14. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Be promoted.
(c) Give more lectures.
(d) Create his own magazine.
15. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain study the human race?
2. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
3. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
4. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
5. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)