|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It was too literary.
(b) It was hard to read.
(c) It took too long for him to write.
(d) He strayed from the facts.
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Entrepreneur.
(b) The Enterprise.
(c) The Free Bird Exam.
(d) The Freedom Post.
5. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) He borrowed money.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) His father left an inheritance.
(d) He married a rich widow.
6. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
7. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 46 years.
(c) 36 years.
(d) 26 years.
8. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are mostly the same.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are all greedy.
9. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Father David.
(b) Brother Dan.
(c) Uncle Daniel.
(d) Preacher Dave.
10. Where was Twain born?
11. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) An editor.
(b) A printing press.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A newspaper office.
12. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Changed the color of his hair.
(b) Paid extra money.
(c) Gave a fake name.
(d) Lied about his age.
13. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) There was no romance.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) It was humorous.
14. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appeals Court.
(b) Surrogate Court.
(c) Appellate Court.
(d) Supreme Court.
15. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
2. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
3. Where was Dr. Peake from?
4. What did Twain's father die of?
5. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)