|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A newspaper office.
(b) An editor.
(c) A printing press.
(d) A publisher.
2. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(b) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(c) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
3. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Free Bird Exam.
(b) The Entrepreneur.
(c) The Freedom Post.
(d) The Enterprise.
4. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
5. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A knife.
(b) Some food.
(c) A cigarette.
6. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Ross Weber.
(b) Charles Webb.
(c) Robert Wendall.
(d) Frank Wall.
7. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A saloon.
8. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Lied about his age.
(b) Changed the color of his hair.
(c) Gave a fake name.
(d) Paid extra money.
9. What was Harte's first name?
10. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
11. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They do not like the dirty games he played.
(b) They move away.
(c) They do not live long enough.
(d) They are much older than he is.
12. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
13. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Innocents Abroad."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(d) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
14. How did Henry die?
(a) Was shot in the back.
(b) Boiler explosion.
(c) Caught yellow fever.
(d) Drowned in the river.
15. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
3. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
4. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
5. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)