|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They do not live long enough.
(b) They do not like the dirty games he played.
(c) They are much older than he is.
(d) They move away.
2. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A newspaper office.
(d) An editor.
4. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
5. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
6. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
7. How much money did Twain live on while writing "The Innocents Abroad"?
(a) $48 a week.
(b) $36 a week.
(c) $12 a week.
(d) $24 a week.
8. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) A shoulder wound.
(b) Fatigue from retreating.
(c) He wanted to join the Union.
(d) His mother fell ill.
9. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(b) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(c) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(d) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
10. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
11. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
12. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
13. How did Twain study the human race?
(a) He read psychology text books.
(b) He studied himself.
(c) He read old journals.
(d) He watched people.
14. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) He has better chance of winning.
(b) It has more character.
(c) It has provided good times to more people.
(d) It allows him to practice his skill.
15. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died in 1907?
2. When does Twain want his book to be published?
3. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
4. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
5. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)