|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Uncle Daniel.
(b) Brother Dan.
(c) Father David.
(d) Preacher Dave.
2. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(b) To have his paper go out of business.
(c) To have one of his stories turned down.
(d) God to punish him.
3. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) There was no romance.
(b) It was non-fiction.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) It was humorous.
5. How does Twain hope to write?
6. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
(a) A stomach pain.
(b) A fever.
(c) A headache.
(d) A toothache.
7. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
8. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 36 years.
(c) 26 years.
(d) 46 years.
9. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His compassion.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His stories.
(d) His accent.
10. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Free Bird Exam.
(b) The Enterprise.
(c) The Freedom Post.
(d) The Entrepreneur.
11. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
12. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It was too literary.
(b) It took too long for him to write.
(c) It was hard to read.
(d) He strayed from the facts.
13. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Gave a fake name.
(b) Paid extra money.
(c) Lied about his age.
(d) Changed the color of his hair.
14. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
15. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have delivered great sermons.
(b) He could have been a famous writer.
(c) He could have taught at colleges.
(d) He could have been a successful business man.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
3. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
4. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
5. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)