|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
2. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Writing love letters.
(b) Keeping a journal.
(c) Walking through memories.
(d) Painting a picture.
3. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
4. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "Tom Sawyer."
(b) "The Jumping Frog."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Sketches of a River Boy."
5. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
6. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
(a) The Amazon.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Ganges.
7. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
8. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
9. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his last living child dies.
(b) After his death.
(c) In ten year editions.
(d) When his wife dies.
10. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(a) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
11. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
12. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
13. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
14. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
(a) Not complimentary.
(b) He is very conceited.
(c) He finds himself amusing.
15. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Feeds it to the cat.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Gives it to his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. Who died in 1907?
4. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)