|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is sent home.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
4. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Wasp.
(b) The Yellow Jacket.
(c) The Honeybee.
(d) The Hornet.
5. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Unconscious plagiarism.
(b) Enhancing existing ideas.
(c) Small amounts of copying.
(d) Reusing old text.
6. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most happy and alarmed man.
(b) The most revered and deranged man.
(c) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(d) The most confused and innocent man.
7. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
8. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
9. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
10. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(b) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(c) He pretended to be mesmerized.
(d) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
11. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
12. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all generally good.
(b) They are mostly the same.
(c) They are all different.
(d) They are all greedy.
13. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(b) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(c) "Tom Sawyer."
(d) "The Jumping Frog."
14. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have been a successful business man.
(b) He could have been a famous writer.
(c) He could have taught at colleges.
(d) He could have delivered great sermons.
15. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To have one of his stories turned down.
(b) To have his paper go out of business.
(c) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(d) God to punish him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Twain a local celebrity?
2. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
3. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
4. Where did Twain's older brother work?
5. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)