|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
(a) 36 years.
(b) 46 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 26 years.
2. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $35 a month.
(b) $3.50 a week.
(c) $3.50 a month.
(d) $350 a year.
3. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Changed the color of his hair.
(b) Paid extra money.
(c) Lied about his age.
(d) Gave a fake name.
4. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
5. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She expected it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She was confused by it.
(d) She hated it.
6. Who died in 1907?
(b) Injun Joe.
(c) Jim Gillis.
(d) Bret Harte.
7. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Feeds it to the cat.
(c) Gives it to his brother.
(d) Takes it obediently.
8. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have delivered great sermons.
(b) He could have been a famous writer.
(c) He could have taught at colleges.
(d) He could have been a successful business man.
9. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were jealous of him.
(b) They were not around him enough.
(c) They were too close to him.
(d) They were not educated.
10. Where was Twain born?
11. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(d) Cave spiders.
12. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
13. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
14. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His humor.
(c) His writing.
(d) His music.
15. How did Henry die?
(a) Boiler explosion.
(b) Caught yellow fever.
(c) Was shot in the back.
(d) Drowned in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
2. When does Twain want his book to be published?
3. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
4. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
5. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)