|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 74-78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Harassing a policeman.
(b) Stoning a Chinese man.
(c) Killing a dog.
(d) Giving alcohol to a baby.
2. What was the name of the lecture tour?
(a) The Lantrium.
(b) The Lancium.
(c) The Lyceum.
(d) The Lysotstrata.
3. Why was Twain so derisive in his speech about Bret Harte?
(a) Brett swindled Twain out of money.
(b) Bret abandoned his family.
(c) Bret was a plagiarizer.
(d) Bret was rude to Twain.
4. How did Henry die?
(a) Boiler explosion.
(b) Drowned in the river.
(c) Was shot in the back.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
5. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A new contract for Webster.
(b) A land auction.
(c) A pay cut for himself.
(d) Grant's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his mother?
2. What did Twain think of the man who talked about Anglo Saxons at a banquet?
3. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
4. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
5. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)