|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 74-78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(a) Blushed and cried.
(b) Repeated the word.
(d) Slapped him.
2. What does Twain think about people?
(a) They are all greedy.
(b) They are all generally good.
(c) They are mostly the same.
(d) They are all different.
3. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
(a) As long as the book writes itself.
(b) As little as he can.
(c) As long as it takes.
(d) As long as he enjoys the story.
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was fictional.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) It was non-fiction.
(d) There was no romance.
5. What did Twain say was America's public philosophy?
(a) "Hard Work Achieves More."
(b) "We Take What We Want."
(c) "In God We Trust."
(d) "We Are Entitled to it All."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain study the human race?
2. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
3. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
4. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)