|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 74-78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harte's first name?
2. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It was too literary.
(b) He strayed from the facts.
(c) It took too long for him to write.
(d) It was hard to read.
3. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His spirituality.
(b) His genius.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His kindness.
4. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
5. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Whisperings in his ear.
(b) God's intervention.
(c) Beginner's luck.
(d) Good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Twain's publishing company called?
2. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
3. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
4. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
5. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)