|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 74-78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A newspaper office.
(b) An editor.
(c) A printing press.
(d) A publisher.
2. What was Twain's publishing company called?
(a) Webster and Twain.
(b) Twain and Company.
(c) Clemens and Webster.
(d) Webster and Company.
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) He married a rich widow.
(b) He stole money from friends.
(c) His father left an inheritance.
(d) He borrowed money.
5. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(a) The Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
2. How did Twain find out that Suzy was ill?
3. How did Suzy describe her father's language?
4. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
5. What made Twain a local celebrity?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)