|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 74-78.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did Twain try to invest?
(b) Poetry books.
(d) Stock markets.
2. What was Twain's publishing company called?
(a) Webster and Twain.
(b) Webster and Company.
(c) Twain and Company.
(d) Clemens and Webster.
3. How much time passed before Twain saw the man who first refused to publish Twain's first book?.
(a) 23 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 25 years.
4. How long does Twain say he will take to write a book?
(a) As long as he enjoys the story.
(b) As little as he can.
(c) As long as the book writes itself.
(d) As long as it takes.
5. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Writing a book.
(b) Finding gratitude.
(c) Believing in God.
(d) Being funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his mother?
2. What was Elisha Bliss's occupation?
3. Who had full control of everything in Twain's company?
4. What country granted Twain an honorary degree while talking about his vanity?
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)