|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $3.50 a month.
(b) $3.50 a week.
(c) $350 a year.
(d) $35 a month.
2. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(b) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(c) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
3. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(a) Cave spiders.
4. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Free Bird Exam.
(b) The Freedom Post.
(c) The Enterprise.
(d) The Entrepreneur.
5. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Coon Tune Show."
(b) "The Negro Musical Show."
(c) "The Slave Jive Show."
(d) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
2. What was the name of the lecture tour?
3. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
4. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
5. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)