|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who got the notoriety when Twain's company published Grant's book?
2. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his last living child dies.
(b) In ten year editions.
(c) After his death.
(d) When his wife dies.
3. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(b) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
4. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
(a) He finds himself amusing.
(b) He is very conceited.
(d) Not complimentary.
5. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
(a) Slapped him.
(b) Blushed and cried.
(d) Repeated the word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Twain when the company started to fail?
2. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
3. Where was Twain born?
4. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
5. How did Higbie get a job?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)