|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say he never had to work at in his life?
(a) Finding gratitude.
(b) Believing in God.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Being funny.
2. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
(a) Tutoring from an established author.
(b) A time of apprenticeship.
(d) Trial and error.
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A grocery store.
4. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
2. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
3. What was the name of the lecture tour?
4. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
5. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)