|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(b) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(c) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(d) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is sent home.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
3. Who ended up paying all the business debts when the company failed?
(c) The Bank.
4. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
(a) Her temper.
(b) Her humor.
(c) Her weakness.
(d) Her intelligence.
5. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She let her sister hit her back.
(b) She skipped dinner.
(c) She missed a hayride.
(d) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
2. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
3. What does Twain say Rogers did for him during his business failure?
4. Where was Twain sent on assignment while working in Sacramento?
5. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)