|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
2. How did Suzy describe her father's language?
3. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) A land auction.
(b) A pay cut for himself.
(c) A new contract for Webster.
(d) Grant's book.
4. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
(a) His early life.
(b) His publishing experiences.
(c) The Hornet.
(d) His religious beliefs.
5. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Preacher Dave.
(b) Brother Dan.
(c) Uncle Daniel.
(d) Father David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
2. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
3. In what did Twain try to invest?
4. How did Higbie get a job?
5. What major book did Twain stall in the middle of writing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)