|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain agree to without really reading?
(a) Grant's book.
(b) A pay cut for himself.
(c) A new contract for Webster.
(d) A land auction.
2. How are Twain and Webster related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Webster is Twain's nephew.
(c) Webster is Twain's grandson.
(d) Twain is Webster's brother-in-law.
3. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
(a) Unconscious plagiarism.
(b) Small amounts of copying.
(c) Enhancing existing ideas.
(d) Reusing old text.
4. What does Twain say the trade of writing requires before one can be a professional?
(a) A time of apprenticeship.
(c) Tutoring from an established author.
(d) Trial and error.
5. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
(a) Making enemies.
(c) Being swindled.
(d) Making friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
2. What did Twain's father die of?
3. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
4. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
5. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)