|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Twain's publishing company called?
(a) Webster and Twain.
(b) Webster and Company.
(c) Twain and Company.
(d) Clemens and Webster.
2. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
3. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Injun Joe.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) The Pauper.
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) There was no romance.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) It was non-fiction.
(d) It was fictional.
5. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A knife.
(d) Some food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
2. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
3. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
4. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
5. How did Twain study the human race?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)