|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His wife.
2. What caused Suzy a lot of grief?
(a) Her weakness.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her temper.
(d) Her humor.
3. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(b) Cave spiders.
4. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "The Hopping Frog."
(b) "The Reign of King George."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
5. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Good friends.
(b) Beginner's luck.
(c) Whisperings in his ear.
(d) God's intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
2. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
3. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
4. What made Twain a local celebrity?
5. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)