|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
(a) Charles Webb.
(b) Robert Wendall.
(c) Ross Weber.
(d) Frank Wall.
2. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
3. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What word did Twain use to describe Webster when he first started working for Twain?
(a) A godsend.
(b) An angel.
(c) A treasure.
(d) A genius.
5. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) Fatigue from retreating.
(b) He wanted to join the Union.
(c) His mother fell ill.
(d) A shoulder wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
3. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
4. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
5. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)