|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Dolly Madison.
(d) Charles Dickens.
2. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
(a) "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
(b) "Tom Sawyer."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
3. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(b) To have his paper go out of business.
(c) God to punish him.
(d) To have one of his stories turned down.
4. What did Twain decide to keep a secret from his family?
(a) His alcoholism.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His religion.
(d) His drug use.
5. What does Twain think a writer should own for all time?
(a) The credit for his work.
(b) The copyright of his work.
(c) The first edition of his work.
(d) The title right to his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Twain see in person that made him very happy?
2. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
3. How much money would lecturers make each night?
4. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
5. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)