|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
2. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They are much older than he is.
(b) They do not like the dirty games he played.
(c) They move away.
(d) They do not live long enough.
3. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She was his editor.
(b) She gave him ideas.
(c) She pushed him to work harder.
(d) She was an honest critic.
4. How much was Twain's first royalty check for Huckleberry Finn?
5. Who owned 9/10 of Twain's company?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the lecture tour?
2. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
3. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
5. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)