|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The car.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The cash register.
(d) The steam engine.
2. What other author did Twain publish a book for?
(a) Dolly Madison.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What did Twain's father die of?
(a) Pneumonic plague.
4. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is sent home.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is put ahead a few classes.
5. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She let her sister hit her back.
(b) She missed a hayride.
(c) She skipped dinner.
(d) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Twain's books started as a joke?
2. What was Harte's occupation?
3. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
4. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
5. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)