|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 53-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Twain's books did Webster stall on publishing?
(a) "The Hopping Frog."
(b) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(c) "The Reign of King George."
(d) "A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court."
2. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Honeybee.
(b) The Yellow Jacket.
(c) The Hornet.
(d) The Wasp.
3. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were too close to him.
(b) They were not educated.
(c) They were not around him enough.
(d) They were jealous of him.
4. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appellate Court.
(b) Supreme Court.
(c) Appeals Court.
(d) Surrogate Court.
5. What made Twain a local celebrity?
(a) His interview with the President.
(b) His local humor column.
(c) His literary guide.
(d) His coverage of the boat survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
3. How many people came to the lecture Fuller set up for Twain?
4. What did the author who Twain accidentally copied say is never a crime?
5. What does Twain think about people?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)