|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His preacher.
4. How did Dr. Newton say he cured Olivia?
(a) He bled her.
(b) Electricity flowed from his body.
(c) He made a special medicine.
(d) He prayed.
5. Why does Twain think the family of the person who died in 1907 never saw how brilliant he was?
(a) They were not educated.
(b) They were too close to him.
(c) They were not around him enough.
(d) They were jealous of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
2. What did Fuller want Twain to lecture about?
3. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
4. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
5. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)