|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) James Faulker.
(c) Louisa May Alcott.
(d) Oliver Wendell Holmes.
2. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(b) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(c) He pretended to be mesmerized.
(d) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
3. What does Twain say he has always had a talent for?
(a) Making enemies.
(b) Making friends.
(d) Being swindled.
4. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Beginner's luck.
(b) Whisperings in his ear.
(c) Good friends.
(d) God's intervention.
5. Where did Twain meet the man who died in 1907?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
2. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
3. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
4. How many days had the people survived on the boat that Twain saw while on assignment?
5. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)