|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A bear.
(b) An Indian.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) A cougar.
2. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He volunteered his labor at first.
(b) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(c) He let the employers bid on him.
(d) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
3. What was Harte's first name?
4. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $35 a month.
(b) $350 a year.
(c) $3.50 a week.
(d) $3.50 a month.
5. How does Twain describe his wife?
(a) She was both calm and passionate.
(b) She was both strict and compassionate.
(c) She was both a girl and a woman.
(d) She was both innocent and worldly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
2. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
3. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
4. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
5. What did Olivia do the first time she heard Twain swear?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)