|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Orion when he died?
2. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) He wanted to join the Union.
(b) A shoulder wound.
(c) Fatigue from retreating.
(d) His mother fell ill.
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A grocery store.
4. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(b) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(c) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(d) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
5. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
(a) The Amazon.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Ganges.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
2. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
3. What did phrenologists tell people about?
4. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
5. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)