|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Webb publish for Twain?
(a) "The Jumping Frog."
(b) "Sketches of a River Boy."
(c) "The Prince and the Pauper."
(d) "Tom Sawyer."
2. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
3. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Feeds it to the cat.
(b) Pours it out the window.
(c) Gives it to his brother.
(d) Takes it obediently.
4. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
5. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
2. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
3. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
4. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
5. What was Harte's occupation?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)