|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Harassing a policeman.
(b) Killing a dog.
(c) Giving alcohol to a baby.
(d) Stoning a Chinese man.
2. What made Twain a local celebrity?
(a) His local humor column.
(b) His coverage of the boat survivors.
(c) His interview with the President.
(d) His literary guide.
3. How much money would lecturers make each night?
4. What is the name of the first publisher to turn Twain's first book down?
5. What did Suzy do as a child that entertained her parents?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Draw pictures.
(d) Misuse big words.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Twain describe his mother?
2. What does Twain contrast lecturing with?
3. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
4. Where would the lectures each make their premier?
5. Where was Orion when he died?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)