|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) It took too long for him to write.
(b) It was hard to read.
(c) He strayed from the facts.
(d) It was too literary.
2. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
3. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Whisperings in his ear.
(b) God's intervention.
(c) Good friends.
(d) Beginner's luck.
4. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
(a) He was very angry.
(b) She cried.
(c) She laughed.
(d) He was confused.
5. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His sister.
(b) His preacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
3. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
4. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
5. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)