|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
(a) The car.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The steam engine.
2. What did Twain's father die of?
(b) Pneumonic plague.
3. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
(a) "The Lucky Man's Voyage."
(b) "The Journey of the Naive."
(c) "The Innocents Abroad."
(d) "The Poor Man's Expedition."
4. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His accent.
(c) His compassion.
(d) His stories.
5. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
(a) He strayed from the facts.
(b) It was too literary.
(c) It was hard to read.
(d) It took too long for him to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
2. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
3. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
4. Where does Twain's father buy up a lot of land before he dies?
5. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)