|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His insecurity.
(b) His genius.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His spirituality.
2. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
(a) Give lectures.
(b) Teach seminars.
(c) Take photographs.
(d) Write a book.
3. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(b) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(c) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(d) A woman who loved too much to know better.
4. What did Twain's father die of?
(a) Pneumonic plague.
5. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most happy and alarmed man.
(b) The most confused and innocent man.
(c) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(d) The most revered and deranged man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
3. What story did Twain use his letters to write when he came home from sailing around the world?
4. Where did Twain's older brother work?
5. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)