|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Suzy describe her father's language?
2. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Feeds it to the cat.
(b) Takes it obediently.
(c) Pours it out the window.
(d) Gives it to his brother.
3. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His genius.
(b) His spirituality.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His kindness.
4. How much was Twain paid for his weekly letters while sailing around the world?
(a) $20 per letter.
(b) $20 per word.
(c) $20 per paragraph.
(d) $20 per sentence.
5. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(b) To have one of his stories turned down.
(c) God to punish him.
(d) To have his paper go out of business.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what did the store clerk invest his life savings?
2. Where outside of California did Twain give lectures?
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
4. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
5. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)