|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
2. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A saloon.
3. Why was the publishing company nervous about releasing "The Innocents Abroad?"
(a) It was fictional.
(b) It was humorous.
(c) It was non-fiction.
(d) There was no romance.
4. What did Twain hope to do after returning from his trip around the world?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Be promoted.
(c) Give more lectures.
(d) Create his own magazine.
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His genius.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested that Twain should write a book?
2. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
3. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
4. What did phrenologists tell people about?
5. Whom did Twain accidentally copy in his book about his sailing trip around the world?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)