|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Suzy punish herself for hitting her sister?
(a) She skipped dinner.
(b) She let her sister hit her back.
(c) She gave her sister her favorite doll.
(d) She missed a hayride.
2. What did an innkeeper do that made Twain so happy?
(a) Used vulgar language in front of the minister.
(b) Recognized the minister.
(c) Gave him a room for free.
(d) Confessed his sins in the lobby.
3. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A hotel.
4. How did Olivia help Twain in his writing career?
(a) She gave him ideas.
(b) She was an honest critic.
(c) She was his editor.
(d) She pushed him to work harder.
5. When does Twain want his book to be published?
(a) When his last living child dies.
(b) In ten year editions.
(c) After his death.
(d) When his wife dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
2. Where was Twain sent on assignment while working in Sacramento?
3. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
4. Why did the minister travel anonymously?
5. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)