|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Harte survive financially at the end of his life?
(a) He borrowed money.
(b) His father left an inheritance.
(c) He stole money from friends.
(d) He married a rich widow.
2. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A printing press.
(c) An editor.
(d) A newspaper office.
3. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their future.
(c) Their health.
(d) Their personality.
4. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Gives it to his brother.
(b) Feeds it to the cat.
(c) Takes it obediently.
(d) Pours it out the window.
5. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
2. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
5. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)