|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twain's father takes what position at a court house in 1847?
2. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A knife.
(d) Some food.
3. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Entrepreneur.
(b) The Freedom Post.
(c) The Free Bird Exam.
(d) The Enterprise.
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
(a) A fever.
(b) A toothache.
(c) A headache.
(d) A stomach pain.
5. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most confused and innocent man.
(b) The most revered and deranged man.
(c) The most happy and alarmed man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
2. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
5. What made Twain a local celebrity?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)