|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He volunteered his labor at first.
(b) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(c) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
(d) He let the employers bid on him.
2. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
(c) Cave spiders.
3. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
4. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His preacher.
(d) His sister.
5. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Slave Jive Show."
(b) "The Coon Tune Show."
(c) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(d) "The Negro Musical Show."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
4. How did Henry die?
5. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)