|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(b) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(c) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(d) A woman who loved too much to know better.
2. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Lied about his age.
(b) Paid extra money.
(c) Gave a fake name.
(d) Changed the color of his hair.
3. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
4. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) Beginner's luck.
(b) God's intervention.
(c) Good friends.
(d) Whisperings in his ear.
5. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He dictated to a secretary.
(b) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(c) He wrote with a typewriter.
(d) He wrote with a quill pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
4. How old was Twain when he first went to school?
5. Who died in 1907?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)