|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Preacher Dave.
(b) Brother Dan.
(c) Father David.
(d) Uncle Daniel.
2. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Coon Tune Show."
(b) "The Slave Jive Show."
(c) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(d) "The Negro Musical Show."
3. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She liked it.
(c) She expected it.
(d) She was confused by it.
4. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Entrepreneur.
(b) The Enterprise.
(c) The Freedom Post.
(d) The Free Bird Exam.
5. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(b) He wrote with a typewriter.
(c) He wrote with a quill pen.
(d) He dictated to a secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
2. When does Twain want his book to be published?
3. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
4. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
5. How did Higbie get a job?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)