|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
(a) $3.50 a month.
(b) $350 a year.
(c) $35 a month.
(d) $3.50 a week.
2. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) A knife.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) Some food.
3. Who died in 1907?
(a) Injun Joe.
(b) Jim Gillis.
(d) Bret Harte.
4. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Father David.
(b) Uncle Daniel.
(c) Preacher Dave.
(d) Brother Dan.
5. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) A shoulder wound.
(b) Fatigue from retreating.
(c) He wanted to join the Union.
(d) His mother fell ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
2. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
3. How does Twain describe his older brother?
4. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
5. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)