|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain's father die of?
(a) Pneumonic plague.
2. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) He has better chance of winning.
(b) It has more character.
(c) It has provided good times to more people.
(d) It allows him to practice his skill.
3. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
(a) The Hornet.
(b) The Yellow Jacket.
(c) The Wasp.
(d) The Honeybee.
4. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their past.
(b) Their personality.
(c) Their future.
(d) Their health.
5. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
(a) Appellate Court.
(b) Surrogate Court.
(c) Supreme Court.
(d) Appeals Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain decide to do after becoming a local celebrity?
2. How does Twain describe his mother?
3. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
5. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)