|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Free Bird Exam.
(b) The Entrepreneur.
(c) The Freedom Post.
(d) The Enterprise.
2. What does Twain think could have happened if the person who died in 1907 had some education?
(a) He could have taught at colleges.
(b) He could have delivered great sermons.
(c) He could have been a famous writer.
(d) He could have been a successful business man.
3. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
(b) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(c) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(d) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
4. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
(a) God to punish him.
(b) To watch Twain become rich and famous.
(c) To have one of his stories turned down.
(d) To have his paper go out of business.
5. When did Twain say his publishers could release his ideas on God and religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain go after leaving Nevada?
2. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
3. Where did Twain's older brother work?
4. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
5. What kind of epidemic spread through the town when Twain was 10?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)