|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry die?
(a) Boiler explosion.
(b) Was shot in the back.
(c) Drowned in the river.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
2. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She expected it.
(c) She liked it.
(d) She was confused by it.
3. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has more character.
(b) It has provided good times to more people.
(c) He has better chance of winning.
(d) It allows him to practice his skill.
4. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Negro Musical Show."
(b) "The Coon Tune Show."
(c) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(d) "The Slave Jive Show."
5. What did Orion buy when he moved back to Hannibal?
(a) A saloon.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
2. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
3. What did phrenologists tell people about?
4. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
5. Where was Dr. Peake from?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)