|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has provided good times to more people.
(b) It has more character.
(c) He has better chance of winning.
(d) It allows him to practice his skill.
2. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
3. How does Twain describe his mother?
(a) A woman who loved too much to know better.
(b) A woman with a small body and huge heart.
(c) A woman with a heart of gold and a fist of iron.
(d) A woman with strict way and a tender heart.
4. What did Twain use to endear himself to audiences?
(a) His music.
(b) His writing.
(c) His humor.
(d) His shyness.
5. What does Twain say his intimates rarely see in him?
(a) His genius.
(b) His kindness.
(c) His insecurity.
(d) His spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Twain born?
2. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
3. What boat did Twain see while he was on assignment while working in Sacramento?
4. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
5. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)