|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A bear.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A cowboy.
2. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
(a) The Thames.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Ganges.
(d) The Amazon.
3. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He let the employers bid on him.
(b) He volunteered his labor at first.
(c) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(d) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
4. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(b) He wrote with a quill pen.
(c) He dictated to a secretary.
(d) He wrote with a typewriter.
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A printing press.
(b) An editor.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A newspaper office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
2. What did Twain love about the person who died in 1907?
3. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
4. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
5. When does Twain want his book to be published?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)