|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harte's first name?
2. How was Twain recording his autobiography when he died?
(a) He wrote with a quill pen.
(b) He wrote with pencil on scraps of paper.
(c) He wrote with a typewriter.
(d) He dictated to a secretary.
3. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most happy and alarmed man.
(b) The most confused and innocent man.
(c) The most revered and deranged man.
(d) The most miserable and hopeful man.
4. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
5. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) He has better chance of winning.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) It has provided good times to more people.
(d) It has more character.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Higbie get a job?
2. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
3. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
4. What character is Twain supposed to be in his sister's play?
5. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)