|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a game in which Twain escaped a trap set for him?
2. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
(a) His sister.
(b) His preacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
(a) Gave a fake name.
(b) Changed the color of his hair.
(c) Lied about his age.
(d) Paid extra money.
4. What does Twain say protected him from his gullible nature?
(a) God's intervention.
(b) Beginner's luck.
(c) Good friends.
(d) Whisperings in his ear.
5. Which of Twain's famous characters was inspired by Tom Blankenship?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) The Pauper.
(c) Injun Joe.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dr. Peake from?
2. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
3. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
4. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
5. What is the name of the most famous phrenologist?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)