|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) An editor.
(b) A newspaper office.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A printing press.
2. How old was Twain when he had his first crush on a girl?
3. On what river did Twain desperately want to travel?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Ganges.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Amazon.
4. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) He has better chance of winning.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) It has provided good times to more people.
(d) It has more character.
5. What is Twain's opinion of himself?
(a) He finds himself amusing.
(b) Not complimentary.
(d) He is very conceited.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Twain find on the road before his trip to Cincinnati?
2. What did Twain's father die of?
3. How much was Twain paid as Orion's apprentice?
4. How long does it take for Twain to find out which girl saw him naked as a boy?
5. Where was Twain born?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)