|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Twain see some Irish boys doing one night after he left Nevada?
(a) Giving alcohol to a baby.
(b) Killing a dog.
(c) Stoning a Chinese man.
(d) Harassing a policeman.
2. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
(a) She cried.
(b) She laughed.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was very angry.
3. What kinds of animals are not allowed by Twain's mother?
4. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
(a) They are much older than he is.
(b) They do not like the dirty games he played.
(c) They do not live long enough.
(d) They move away.
5. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) A shoulder wound.
(b) His mother fell ill.
(c) Fatigue from retreating.
(d) He wanted to join the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
2. What did Twain want to have happen to the editor who told him to resign?
3. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
4. How does Twain describe his mother?
5. What did Twain like most about Higbie?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)