|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did phrenologists tell people about?
(a) Their health.
(b) Their personality.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their future.
2. Why did Twain resign from the Civil War?
(a) Fatigue from retreating.
(b) He wanted to join the Union.
(c) His mother fell ill.
(d) A shoulder wound.
3. What was the name of the newspaper Twain wrote for in Nevada?
(a) The Enterprise.
(b) The Free Bird Exam.
(c) The Freedom Post.
(d) The Entrepreneur.
4. What was Harte's first name?
5. How did Henry die?
(a) Drowned in the river.
(b) Boiler explosion.
(c) Was shot in the back.
(d) Caught yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
2. Where did Twain's older brother work?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. How does Twain describe his uncle's farm?
5. In what court did Twain's father take a position in 1847?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)