|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Twain prefer a wobbly billiards table?
(a) It has more character.
(b) It allows him to practice his skill.
(c) He has better chance of winning.
(d) It has provided good times to more people.
2. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He is put ahead a few classes.
(d) He is sent home.
3. How old was Twain when he met the hypnotist?
4. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Preacher Dave.
(b) Father David.
(c) Uncle Daniel.
(d) Brother Dan.
5. How did Higbie get a job?
(a) He let the employers bid on him.
(b) He put in an application under Twain's name.
(c) He volunteered his labor at first.
(d) He paid a man to watch him work for a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Twain's older brother work?
2. Where was Dr. Peake from?
3. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
4. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
5. Who did Twain trick into seeing a minstrel show?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)