|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16 | Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Gives it to his brother.
(b) Feeds it to the cat.
(c) Pours it out the window.
(d) Takes it obediently.
2. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
3. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Coon Tune Show."
(b) "The Slave Jive Show."
(c) "The Negro Musical Show."
(d) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
4. Of what ailment did a faith doctor cure Twain's mother?
(a) A stomach pain.
(b) A toothache.
(c) A headache.
(d) A fever.
5. Where did Twain's older brother work?
(a) A newspaper office.
(b) A printing press.
(c) A publisher.
(d) An editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
2. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
3. Where was Dr. Peake from?
4. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
5. Why does Twain not get very close to his older siblings?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)