|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16 | Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Twain describe his older brother?
(a) The most revered and deranged man.
(b) The most miserable and hopeful man.
(c) The most confused and innocent man.
(d) The most happy and alarmed man.
2. How does Twain feel about his ancestry?
3. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
(a) Pours it out the window.
(b) Takes it obediently.
(c) Feeds it to the cat.
(d) Gives it to his brother.
4. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(b) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(c) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
5. To what does Twain compare writing his autobiography?
(a) Writing love letters.
(b) Painting a picture.
(c) Keeping a journal.
(d) Walking through memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Twain do to trick a phrenologist?
2. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
3. What did Twain notice when he wrote his autobiography in pen?
4. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
5. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)