|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16 | Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical display does Twain talk about after his hypnotist description?
(a) "The Negro Musical Show."
(b) "The Coon Tune Show."
(c) "The Rag Time Extravaganza."
(d) "The Slave Jive Show."
2. How old is Twain's mother when she dies?
3. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(b) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(c) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
(d) He pretended to be mesmerized.
4. What is the name of the slave that inspired Jim in Huckleberry Finn?
(a) Uncle Daniel.
(b) Father David.
(c) Preacher Dave.
(d) Brother Dan.
5. What did Twain once give a man in jail?
(a) Some food.
(c) A knife.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did phrenologists tell people about?
2. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
3. How old was Twain when he began smoking?
4. How does Twain describe his older brother?
5. What does Twain do with his daily dose of pain killer?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)