|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-16 | Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the person who Twain tricked into seeing a minstrel show react?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She cried.
(c) He was very angry.
(d) He was confused.
2. What was the name of Twain's older brother?
3. How did Twain become the star of a hypnotist show?
(a) He was the only one to be truly hypnotized.
(b) He learned the mesmerizer's trade.
(c) He pretended to be mesmerized.
(d) He pretended to be a hypnotist.
4. Where was Dr. Peake from?
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
5. What does Twain say his mother thought of the trouble he caused as a boy?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She expected it.
(d) She liked it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who came to stay with Twain's family when he was 15?
2. What does Twain bring home from caves as a young boy?
3. How much was Twain paid for his story about the boy sliding into the party with his pajamas on?
4. How does Twain describe his older brother?
5. What happens to Twain on his first day of school?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)